HSBC Overdraft

Hawk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

This is my first time on this forum, I was directed here by one of my friends who told me how helpful and friendly you all were on here, and basically I am at my wits end, so any advice would be helpful!

I have recently been taken in by a very professional [problem], so professional in fact that HSBC bank gave me a massive overdraft to enable me to survive whilst my monies were tied up in this investment! I gave HSBS all of the details for the investment, and they attempted to contact the Company involved, though they never got through on the `phone (just left ansa phone messages and received faxed letters etc back), they agreed , in fact basically kept offering to up and up my overdraft! The scheme turned out to be a [problem], and I lost all of the money I`d invested in it, plus I now owe HSBC a HUGE overdraft! Needless to say, they now don`t want to know me and are pushing for repayment of the overdraft....what i`d like to know, is do I have any come back on HSBC? Do they have to take any responsibility given that they checked the Company out and then continued to offer me increases in my overdraft? I know it`s a difficult one, but any advice would be welcome...they are now also giving me huge bank charges as they have changed the overdraft onto an interest only loan and will not change the payment to the 15th as I keep requesting, which means I go overdrawn again every month! Please help if you can. Thanks Hawk xx:sad:

I'm not really sure on this one, the way it usually goes is that they assess you for an overdraft you agree to it and pay the loan if it is turned into such.

Never heard of banks basing it on anything else but I can only suggest that you maybe post this in the HSBC forum for more advice. Ask them to explain in writing why it is they won't let you change the date.

Ex CAG helper ^_^