• Tweets

• The world's largest economy grew less than expected but rising inflation may delay a rate cut.View the full article
    • Hello, Following the submission of my defense, last night I received an email from DCBL indicating that the claimant intends to proceed with the claim (I've attached a screenshot of the email for reference) along with the N180 directions questionnaire. I'm unsure how they obtained my email, but I suspect it was through the courts' form when I completed the Acknowledgment of Service. This email almost slipped my attention. I have also today received a letter from court to state they have received my defense.  It appears they are requesting an online telephone hearing with the court. Could you please advise me on the necessary steps I should take at this point? Thank you for your assistance. Letter-Email 25-04-24.pdf N180 - Directions questionnaire (Small Claims Track).pdf
    • Default Amount £9237.88, all this started in 2006 Admitted debt £9075.65 Weightmans added £1515.01 immediately they became involved, no explanation The Statement shows when Marlin bought debt in May 2011 £10439.25 Their statements, not received until the SAR, are based on this. Cabot deducted £1515.01on their statements in January 2019, again did not find this out until SAR. Weightmans added in  2007 after the CH1 etc was confirmed by the court £741.50, made up of Process server fees, Court Fee (they tried for bankruptcy), Solicitors fee and Land Registry fee. Unspecfied Legal costs were added by Marlin in March 2015, again I did not know this until statements received with SAR I had been paying monthly, without exception until December 2018. I am minded to take the property charge, CH1 amount ,deduct all my payments and the subsequent fees, and request/demand a refund on the final payment made? I consistently disputed Weightmans balances, but they never responded. I also told Mortimer Clarke/Cabot that I disputed their amounts.  
    • Just follow this link and have read of some threads so your familiar with the process https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5178739
    • Sorry,  I'm not familiar with terminology.  Direction questionnaire is what I've seen online as next step. Witness statement: I haven't gone that far, that's why I put the question marks.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nationwide PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can you claim interest on personal loans with Nationwide??? Anyone done it? I've been charged £40 monthly for a loan i have been unable to pay because of bank charges and a job loss.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a late or non payment fee? If so then yes.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

hi, many thanks for your help. It just say "interest charge" so im unsure. its always around £40 a month give or take £1 or £2.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

I am assuming it is just the APR interest charge that is put on a loan and because you are not making any payments to it then the interest goes up. For example - My husband has a Lloyds loan and does not start making payments until October. However, interest is still accruing on this and it goes up daily. I assume that is what yours is then, and so the answer is that you can't claim it. You could, however, ask them to freeze the interest charge whilst you are unable to pay.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 4 months later...

Hey.

I've had a loan with Nationwide now for a year and took out their Payment Care Plan thing that has increased my payments by god knows how much.

I have been trying to get info on how to cancel this policy, Money saving expert has said that Nationwide will allow you to cancel this insurance at anytime with no penalty but then when i go onto their website it says you can only cancel within a 30day period.

two questions, Can i claim back the money i've paid into the payment protection insurance as i was only working casually at the time i took it out? And more importantly can i cancel it now for the future so reducing the amount i owe them?

Thanks.

The standard for cancelling these policies without penalty is normally 30 Days.. But in your case as they mis sold you the policy due to your status you may be able to claim it back on that Grounds.

Just a couple of things:, Do you pay for the PPI on a monthly basis or was it a single payment policy?. This may make a difference on how they can cancell the policy. Monthly Paid policies should be easy enough to cancel compared to Single Payment policies where they tend to make the excuse that the only way they can cancel it , is by taking out a new loan agreement without PPI to pay of the excisting loan with PPI.

How long ago did you take out the loan ?

If it was after Feb 2005 they should have by law provided you with a breakdown of your loan, EG Amount of Loan Interest On Loan Total for Loan, and also Cost Of PPI Interest on PPI and total cost for PPI.

along with a total for both.

Ive probably confussed you more now..lol If you need anything explained more , Give me a shout and I will try and sort it out for you .

Good Luck

Ian

• Haha 1

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi, thanks for the reply

I have a copy of my credit agreement here. I pay the insurance on a monthly basis and its worth £1333.95 of the loan in total. I took the loan out in November 2005.

Over that time i didn't work on a contract that was permenant or full time so i guess i can get the policy cancelled, i just can't remember where i was working at the time i took the loan out etc. I don't know if that matters, are people having to prove all of this?

Over that time i didn't work on a contract that was permenant or full time so i guess i can get the policy cancelled, i just can't remember where i was working at the time i took the loan out etc. I don't know if that matters, are people having to prove all of this?

If they were told that you were not in full time employment at the time of the sale, I think that you will more than likely find that you will not be able to claim on the policy, Have a look through the Terms and Conditions as it should be stated in there about full time employment.

If as I suspect that contract employment is not Covered your policy has been Mis sold to you and you have a case to fight here.

Nearly all PPI policies have different terms and conditions, so if you have a copy of the terms and conditions go throw it with a fine tooth comb and I think you may find you would not be eligble to make a claim on it. If you scan the Terms and Conditions and email me them I could have a look too.

In fact the more Info I can gather on different terms and conditions would be useful to me too.

Good Luck

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hey, heres the link for the Terms and Cons. Nationwide LoanCare Cover

I have some questions, i told them when i started at my job how long i'd been working with them and even sent them a copy of my contract which showed i'd only been working there 4 months and the cover says you need to have been in employment with the place for 6months.

I no longer work for the company and work in a job where i am not on a full time contract but do work 50hours a week at the mo and have worked here for 9 months, will that have any effect on it now or is it at the point the policy was taken out.

Do you think i should ask Nationwide for disclosure on all the information they hold on me to do with my PPI so i can see what they asked me at the time etc?? The other thing is that when i took out the loan i increased it twice more when i was working for another employer that i did have a contract with but was a temporary contract. Do you think it applies when i took out the first loan or the last time i increased it if you see what i mean as it was a new loan agreement i signed??

Hi all.

I am helpling a friend from work claim back her bank charges. She has three accounts that are all current and are flex accounts, two of them are joint accounts. The question i have is....we have done all this on three different spreadsheets as they are all different accounts but would be better if we could claim them all under the same claim, will there be any problems with this?

Will she have to run three seperate claims or do them all in under the same claim?

Hello and Welcome

Congratulations for posting in the correct forum, here you will have other “experts” who know how that particular this bank reacts.

I have just finished my claim with this bank, but I decided to stick around to see if I help others like you who are just starting out with their claim to see if I can share anything to make your journey through this claim a bit better!!!

My understanding is three seperate accounts still equals three seperate claims!! As you are looking at three different contracts!!!

Remember the banks have acted unlawful you haven’t!!!

Well done for reading the FAQs and continue to read as many threads as possible as there is a wealth of information on here!!

Remember its important to open a parachute account, especially if the charges are spiralling out of control and you have little or no money left, at the end of each month.

If your account goes into a negative balance after you have transferred your banking, send them this notice to prevent them taking any further action.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/5078-10-data-protection-act.html

If you get stuck have a look (by searching) to see if your question has already been asked by reading other people threads, if you are still not sure either post your question in your own thread or PM me to attract my attention and I will be happy to help you by answering on your thread.

Also look for another newbie claiming against the same bank as you, that way you can do your claim together and support each other as the post drops through the door!!

Sometimes the banks act awfully and you can get very stressed out by it all. But stick to your guns - you are in the right - they are not. Don’t let them put you off, that’s what they want to do!

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Ok so i have now prepared for her, three seperate prelims and spreadsheets for each account. There isn't any reason why these can't all be sent in at the same time is there? Although they are all seperate claims they can all run parralel to eachother can't they? or can someone see anything wrong with that??

If not i will be sending them off today, the claim comes to about £400 for the three accounts.

Anyone see anything wrong with me sending all three Prelims for each account in at once?

Hi,

You can send them all as one claim stating all three account numbers and attaching three seperate spreadsheets.

When you put the total of what you are claiming just put the total of all 3 accounts.

Hope this helps,

Kirsty

Kirsty

Nationwide

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15th Oct 06

Standard letter received 19th Oct 06

Statements received 27th Oct 06

Prelim letter sent 30th Oct 06

L.B.A - (Letter before action) sent 20th Nov 06

MCOL - Issued 6th December

Bank of Scotland

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20th Oct 06

Letter received thanks for request, but we need account details ect, Can they not read! 6th Dec 06

Goldfish

S.A.R - sent 2nd Nov 06

Standard reply received 21st Nov 06

Kirsty is correct. you can claim for all accounts at the same time. You can send seperate prlim letters & LBA letters but at the court stage all 3 can be on 1 form. If the total for all 3 is greater than the £5000 limit it may be less stressful tosplit them, but I went for £13,000 in 1 claim and won £10,000 so far.

good luck.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Thanks both of you for your advice, i will tell her. I thought this was the case but wasn't too sure. Cheers.

**Bump**

Can anyone help me on this one? I really don't know where to start here, im trying to read up as much as i can but im not getting far. What is it i need to write to them in a letter?

If someone can help. Cheers.

Hi,

you may get some idea from my earlier thread, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/25650-reid-lloyds-2-ppi.html

I will have another proper read of your post later this week, sorry but my head is not very straight at the momment, one of my friends and neighbours collapsed and died very suddenly last night..He was on 33 too..

I hope the above gives you some idea, you can change it to suit your own needs, but i will glady have a read over any letter that you write before you send it.

Good Luck

Ian

Ian,

I am ever so sorry to hear that. I will read through that post. Thanks for your help. :)

LOAN ACCOUNT NUMBER: ********

Please supply me with terms and conditions I have with your organisation and the grounds that my policy has Payment Protection Insurance on it. I am requesting access to the questions I answered when being sold the Payment Protection Insurance I currently have with you for the above account and also the requirements for this to be put in place.

If you are unable to supply this data as requested above then please indicate so in your response to this request.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. I require all data held in relation to how the Nationwide Loan Care was sold to me and the terms and conditions with this policy. I require this information as I have been informed and understand I have been mis sold this policy and would like to cancel this policy from the start of the cover.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

The policy involved was mis sold to me by a member of your staff at a time I was in financial difficulties and I was pressurised to take the policy otherwise the loan would not be approved.

I am looking for all data on this payment protection policy so I can look into this further. I can see that the policy was applied and has the value of £1,333.95. I have been informed that this policy was sold to my in a deceitful manor and that you are not allowed to make Payment Protection Insurance a condition of taking out the loan unless you include the cost of the PPI within your quoted loan interest rate, which you did not do. I therefore consider that I have been mis-sold this expensive insurance that I did not want and wish for this to be cancelled. If you have any questions then please write to me at the above address, I will look forward to receiving the above requested information.

Yours faithfully

This is what i am thinking of sending in, SAR + informing them that i am wanting the PPI back, any suggestions or additions to this letter??

Sending off the above SAR request to nationwide today. Fingers crossed. I think it says all it needs to say. :confused:

Hi,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this one.. Had some things to do recently.. and had film crew from Granada TV here yesterday.

Firstly you should submit your SAR to obtain all the information and copies of the original loan agreement. Once you have the copies have a good read through them and give me a shout once you have them.

The employment status will be important at the date you took out the policy, as I am sure you will have advised them at the time of taking out the loan you were on short term contract ?, this being the case I would say that you would have struggled should you have tried to claim on the policy.

Let us know when you get all your information back from them and we can take it from there.

Good Luck

Ian

PS.. Friday 12th January - Tonight with Trevor McDonald - Programme is all about Payment Protection Insurance.. Hopefully it will help our cause too..

Hi,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this one.. Had some things to do recently.. and had film crew from Granada TV here yesterday.

Firstly you should submit your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to obtain all the information and copies of the original loan agreement. Once you have the copies have a good read through them and give me a shout once you have them.

The employment status will be important at the date you took out the policy, as I am sure you will have advised them at the time of taking out the loan you were on short term contract ?, this being the case I would say that you would have struggled should you have tried to claim on the policy.

Let us know when you get all your information back from them and we can take it from there.

Good Luck

Ian

PS.. Friday 12th January - Tonight with Trevor McDonald - Programme is all about Payment Protection Insurance.. Hopefully it will help our cause too..

SAR Submitted 6th January. Letter received today saying they are completing my SAR and will get back to me within the 40days. Yes i told them i was on a short term contract with no garunteed hours and to be honest in 99% sure i actually had to send them a copy of my contract to take out the loan because they were unsure if they were gonna give me it because of that and then they let me do the PPI as well.

So i await the information to take the next step. I will be trying to watch that show, if not i will try and record it.

Thanks for your help.

It will be interesting to see what your SAR reveals..

Ian