can anyone advise with MCOL query??

sharontaylor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

today is the final day for a response from HSBC on my MCOL. I've heard/received nothing from HSBC and MCOL status says" spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Issued

Your claim request has been accepted. The Defendant has 14 days from the date they are served with the claim, to reply."

Does this mean that HSBC haven't acknowleged my claim (sorry for being thick!) What should i do next? Would be grateful for any advice.

Well I would imagine they have acknowledged - check again Monday. May be that MCOL is just not updated yet. Thing is if they haven't acknowledged and you get judgement by default they will apply for a get a set aside and this will delay your claim.

• Haha 1

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

today is the final day for a response from HSBC on my MCOL. I've heard/received nothing from HSBC and MCOL status says" spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Issued

Your claim request has been accepted. The Defendant has 14 days from the date they are served with the claim, to reply."

Does this mean that HSBC haven't acknowleged my claim (sorry for being thick!) What should i do next? Would be grateful for any advice.

Ok you really need to start a thread in your banks forum. Aslo p[lease check your dates as Michael said. If today is the last day then its a weekend so they also get the next working day (Monday) so you can not file until midnight on Monday .

• Haha 1

Status has remained unchanged as of 7pm this evening. Can I press the judgement button?

Also, how can i move this post to HSBC thread?

Ok if you are sure of your dates then you can apply for judgement. The system will not allow you to ask for judgement if the dates are incorrect.

If the defendant chooses not to respond to your claim, you can request judgment by default, online. MCOL will prevent you from doing so until 14 days from the date of service have passed, or 28 days where the defendant has filed an acknowledgement of service. The date of service is calculated to be 5 days from the date your claim was issued.

You may request judgment by default through Money Claim Online by selecting the Judgment Start option

You will be asked to decide whether you want the defendant to pay your claim by instalments or in one lump payment. If you have claimed interest as part of your original claim (i.e. you included details of interest claimed in the Particulars of Claim), you are entitled to claim interest from the date of issue up to the date you are requesting judgment.

Once you have submitted your request for judgment by default, MCOL will deal with your request. Where it is received before 9am on a day when the court is open, the request will be processed at the end of the day: where it is received after 9am, it will be processed on the next day (again, at the end of the day) when the court is open and may not appear on MCOL until the following day (see viewing the progress of a claim).

This means that, if the defendant files a response (an acknowledgment of service, a defence or a part admission) with the court by 4pm on the same day as your request is to be processed, the response will take priority over your judgment request.

Looks to me like youre a lucky girly!!! :)

See my thread here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/30450-fullyskinted-barclays-2.html?highlight=MCOL

and the Step by STep Instr if you havent already seen them...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Good luck! Keep us posted! Ive had my claim acknowledged late last week :(

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

checked telephone banking this morning and money was in account (£935)!! went straight to bank, took cash out and closed the account. Thanks for advise people.

Excellent - was this the whole amount you claimed including court costs?

I will ask for title to be changed to won and thread moved to HSBC forum.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Well done. Good result. Enjoy your refund.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Well, the have until 1st jan to submit a defense, but seeign as theyres no more banking days and theres no response from them on MCOL, Looks like Ill be clicking 'default' as of 6pm on Monday ;)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|