Un1boy vs Barclays

un1boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

I am helping my friend claim their charges back - they have sent the DPA request and Barclays have cashed the cheque and sent us the charges until 2004. they are now saying that the rest are on Microfiche and it will cost £3 per statement - is this right?

They reckon that because they are not kept in any particular order and are not easily accessible, they are exempt from the £10 DPA charge and must be paid for seperately.

Any ideas?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Read this thread for ammunition re: Microfiche. I know it's to do with Abbey, but I would expect you can use the same argumenst with Barclays.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/24002-information-commissioners-office.html

It saddens me that the banks are doing everything they can think of to avoid doing the decent thing here. The line in the LBA template about losing confidence in them as my fiduciary always struck me as a great line but nothing I really believed, but every day, and every time I read more about their tactics, I am all the more disappointed.

Vince

"Well, as through this world I've rambled

I've seen lots of funny men.

Some will rob you with a six-gun

And some with a fountain pen."

Pretty Boy Floyd, Woody Guthrie 1940

"Some things never change", Vince 2006

All advice given is based on my reading of others' experiences on this site. I am not a lawyer, nor am I a beagle, a grapefruit or a trampoline. I will not be filed, sorted, classified or parboiled. I am not a number, I am not an animal, I am the walrus (goob goob a joob)

• 1 month later...

Just to update - DPA sent and received all docs (free) I have issued the prelim for 1020.00 and had an offer about 10 days later of £450.00.

This will be rejected and the LBA will be sent....

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Rather than reject it outright, accept the offer as part settlement, but make it plain that you will be persuing the balance, in court if necessary.

They will probably withdraw the offer at that point, but it looks better on you.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi Rooster, good point, thanks, will do.

I'll send an amended LBA accepting the amount as part settlement and the LBA is for the rest of it.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, got a reply from the lba saying that the £400-odd is not going to be increased and they won't pay out anymore......I Am just sorting MCOL

My charges claims:

Default removals: