EGG in Mercantile; date for directions hearing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys. This is a letter I have received on 15th Dec from the Merc Court.

Dear Madam,

RE: 2006-1299 Joanna XXXX v Egg Banking Plc

Your case has been transferred to the London Mercantile Court, which is based within the Admiralty and Commercial Court at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London, WC2A 2LL. Please see, for guidance, CPR 59 and the Practice Direction.

Your case has been allocated the number 2006-1299. Please ensure that this

number is used in all future correspondence.

There will be a Small Claims Hearing in this case and in several others which raise the same or similar issues at 9.00 on 22 January 2007. The hearing is intended to give directions for the hearing of some or all these cases in a way which saves time and expense. It is hoped that all parties will attend but if this is not practicable the Court will be pleased to consider the written views of any party provided that these reach the Court by no later than 17 January 2007. Although some of these cases have been allocated to the Multi Track, it is the provisional view of the Judge that the costs rules for the Small Claims Track should apply to all of them.

Do not hesitate to contact this office with any queries you may have.

Yours faithfully

scrible scrible

Any other fellow travellers? What would be your general feeling: to attend or to write in?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow - nice one Joa, hopefully this might turn the pressure up a little on Egg (they appear to be starting to crack here & there, with settlements & judgements!).

It's probably swings & roundabouts as to whether it's better to turn up or make written representations. The advantage to turning up is that you can answer any questions the judge asks there & then - the disadvantage is if you're a nervous speaker! :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

I have been to the Mercantile and it was not too bad. Do you know if you have Judge Mackie? See the directions on my thread, so far they seem to be working. I would advise going to the court if you can, if you are not there then I think you are at a disadvantage to the other party. If you have any ?'s about the process feel free to PM me

First Direct - Settled in full :eek:

Lloyds TSB - AQ completed Central London CC :confused:

RBS - Settled in full :p

Morgan Stanley - Settled in full :lol:

Capital One - Settled in full ;-)

Citi Cards - Transfered to Mercantile Court 19/10/06

Nationwide - Settled in full 8)

Capital One Acct 2 - Prelim letter

Sorry, thread is CG vs Citi - Mercantile Court

First Direct - Settled in full :eek:

Lloyds TSB - AQ completed Central London CC :confused:

RBS - Settled in full :p

Morgan Stanley - Settled in full :lol:

Capital One - Settled in full ;-)

Citi Cards - Transfered to Mercantile Court 19/10/06

Nationwide - Settled in full 8)

Capital One Acct 2 - Prelim letter

I agree go if you can.

You can answer any questions and if youre nervous it will give you a chance to see the workings of the court without necessarily having to say much or do anything.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA