Loula

LTSB CC & Current Acct - Can I use S.10 DPA?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4961 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello!

Two very similar issues here which affect my OH and which I have noted are happening to other BAG members.

Plat Credit Card is in arrears and not been paid fully for three months. Just a basic nominal amount of £25 for each of the three months. Default notice has now been issued. Prior to the current situation for two months we were paying the minimum amount due plus a bit more. The only charges to the account were the interest and late payment charges (due date and pay day don't meet up). Since the minimal payment situation only charges to the account are still late pament, over credit limit and interest. Interestingly enough the default letter was dated the same day as the standard reply following request for repayment of charges on current account.

Current Account has an overdraft facility. OH had discussions with the CCCS they said to put money in parachute account (LTSB were just taking whatever payments for their loan and CC and bouncing DD's etc and charging us!) Only charges on the account since moving salary to new parachute account have been O/D interest and the standard account fee. The default letter arrived today demanding repayment of the £4100 within 10 days or court action. The CCCS had advised to only pay £1 per month which is what was happening and standard letter from CCCS was issued. No reply was received from LTSB agreeing or disagreeing to this strategy. However since they have had the refund of payment letter from us thay now seem to wish to play hard ball.

My question is this....

We have not asked for DPA yet for either of these accounts as we had all the statements. What should we be doing now?

LOULA

Well the standard question here is is how much are the charges?

Hi!

Need to do the CC one. Had held off as they agreed if I paid £30 per week for 5 weeks or the full £150 within the 5 weeks they would write off the rest of the overdue debt. Was waiting to see if they held to their end of the bargain before I proceeded. They have since issued the Default notice (13 days after entering the agreement with me) and I am due to pay the full £150 on Tuesday. I would estimate the charges to be about £200

On the current account the charges are £657.

Thanks

LOULA

Just added up the CC = £370 and I don't have all the statements, there are about 5 missing.

The amount they are due to 'write-off' is about £150.

LOULA

So I gather they are claiming about £4000 from you or which about £1000 is charges and they are threatening to sue you.

I would tend to wait and let them bring the action. You can then challenge them on the £1000 charges. As they will definitely want take you to court for the remaining 3000 they will probably drop the claim for the 1000 pretty quickly as they will not want to be forced to prove lawfulness of the charges in court.

I'm not too sure why you are asking about section 10 notice in this question

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4961 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you