lloyds and the banking code?

karens25

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

can anyone point me in the direction of the relevant section of the banking code that refers to collections activities on an account thats in dispute.. i.e non should take place!! ive got an cc account with lloyds thats at the sc&m asking for a month to settle stage.. however having repeatedly told lloyds all collections activities should cease until the dispute is settled they continue to hound me for payment.. (even capital one have laid off!!) lloyds argue that i am only disputing the charges and not the balance of the account.. er its about £400 more than it should be!! so surely im disputing that?! they say i should continue to make payments in the usual way!

advice please

k

cap one - prelim letter sent 23/8 £460 owed

partial refund, now sod off letter received 6/9

lba 5/10, claim served 30th jan,

CAP ONE SETTLED IN FULL 15thTH FEB!!!

lloyds card services - prelim sent 23/8 £332 owed

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

claim issued via mcol 13/10

awaiting papers from SC&M

court date set for 26th March

nat west - Data Protection Act sent 11/7.. non compliance.. considering court action.

non compliance letter sent 29/8 giving them a further 7 days- gave them loads more days!!

5/10 lba sent for pre action disclosure

settled in full 2.1.07

cahoot - Data Protection Act sent 7/8 on hold for a while

Tesco - prelim sent 6/10 £200 owed

Hiya k,

Section 13.6, plus sections 14.1 and 14.2 are also useful - http://www.bankingcode.org.uk/pdfdocs/BANKING%20CODE.pdf

Heres the letter I wrote for Sweetpants, don't know whether it applies to your situation but feel free to use it if it does - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/29826-help-enforcement-notice.html?highlight=sweetpants. Theres another on page 3 (post 52) as well.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

had another statement from lloyds visa asking me for a payment and in fact since i started the action against them they have added £50 in interest to the balance of the account, even at one point they set up a direct debit from my current account to cover the payments!! (are they allowed to do this?) i did email them pointing out the account is in dispute and they should cease all collections activities, but they argued that i was disputing the charges and not the balance?! i dont really understand their reckoning, surely one is the direct result of the other?

oh and as for my crowing about capital one laying off just had a call form yet another dca asking for the whole balance to be paid in full, they too are in breach of the banking code are they not?

advice pls

k

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

nat west - Data Protection Act sent 11/7.. non compliance.. considering court action.

non compliance letter sent 29/8 giving them a further 7 days- gave them loads more days!!

settled in full 2.1.07

• 5 months later...

Hi Karen bit of a old thread but shall reply for you any way.

I recieved a threatening letter demanding payment from SC&M at the CCA stage.

I rang immediately and informed them of the status and that they were to retrive my file and go through the status of my account with me and explain thier actions todate.

AND... they could not.

SC&M hold absolutely no paper work and have no ideal as to the status of your account.

they are authorised by LLoyds collections to send a threat or start legal action and they just comply.

LLoyds collections keep everyone in the dark even thier own solicitors.:confused:

I advised SC&M of what damages they could be doing to them selves by not asking for proof of the circumstances before contacting customers and there did not seem to be much concern.

I requested a conversation with an actual solicitor rather than a phone monitor to discuss how seriouse this was and i was denied.

Eventually they will fall on thier ass, and im sure we will all be there with a big smile as they zoom passed us.

hi breadline

thanks for replying, very interesting reading, i am just about to start my claim against lloyds for my current account, the cc is all sorted now, and im sure this information will be very useful!

count me in for the fly by!!!

thanks again

karen

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

settled in full 2.1.07