You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

scarymary

doorstep debt collectors !

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3374 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

stopped paying my monthly payments for a bit and last night a debt collector from instrum justitia put a card thru my letter box at 9pm !!!!!!!!!!! he stated he will call again on thursday 22nd, i paid this months payment the next day but need to stop him calling again its so scary, if i write to them asking them not to call would it do any good also what should i write ????????

Hi, you say he put a card through at 9pm.....did he/she knock or ring? If so I take it you ignored them......well, that's all you have to do.

It's a scare tactic and yes it is horrible having the fear of someone turn up but they CANNOT DO ANYTHING. Just remember that. They have absolutely zero power. Indeed if they pretend to be bailiffs or any other sort of court official they are breaking the law.

Write to the company if you are worried and just say that if they send any other collectors they will be ignored. If they the refuse to leave you will call the police for trespass and harassment.

It's not cost effective for them to keep sending collectors out so I doubt you will have too many more if you refuse to communicate with them.

thanks for advice i will do that today.

Here's a few tips which may help.

They have no right of entry. Even if it's tipping down, keep them on the outside, and step out if necessary. Some collectors are civil, some aren't, so if he's polite and reasonable, be friendly but firm.

Explain that there's nothing on the premises for him to collect and ask him to leave - calmly. If he tries to get you to talk to your creditor on his mobile, decline, saying you're dealing with them by letter. If you speak to the creditor, you could get drawn into a conversation you don't want, and it may stress you even more.

If he's in any way abusive or threatening, ask for his card - and keep it. Check his name's on it. Then tell him (don't ask) to leave.

Very often, these collectors carry fake look alike court badges and ID. Make sure you study any ID carefully before you get drawn into any sort of dialogue.

Actually, you don't have to speak to him at all if you don't want to.

Remember - these people are freelancers contracted to a credit collection agency, who in turn are contracted to your creditor.

Don't be threatened - don't be frightened - don't be panicked.

Stand your ground - Ask him to leave - close the door - CALMLY AND POLITELY.

Don't lower yourself to their level.

Tell him to sling his hook through the letterbox and be done with it.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Tell him to sling his hook through the letterbox and be done with it.
Bit late now... the OP was 4 years ago. That is unless he's camped out on the step. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

LOL, I did not notice. It was at the top of the pile so I commented. Did'nt check the date.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.