• Tweets

• Well yes that's a further option to raise at the hearing ...inform the judge the claimant has agreed to a settlement in principle by way of a TO. If the judge accepts that then there is no need to go into not informing the court of a change of address and not receiving the Notice of Allocation to the correct address...if he does not accept then you will have to just come clean.
    • Post hidden as all details are in file/properties. Please only use pdf. Read our upload guide carefully. Put everything in one mass pdf we need the 1st page with their particular s of claim too please Dx
    • The word FINE might make it problematic if they are deducting it directly, as yes overpayments might well be OK, but a Fine is criminal and for a FINE to be deducted a Court would need to issue a  Attachment to Earnings order to the Employer.  If its a penalty for breaching a car park term might be dodgy legal ground there.
    • Hi all. We purchased a 2009 Ford fiesta on 08.11.2021 from a car dealer. Mileage 99,000 for £2900. on the 27.11.2021 we had the car  inspected by Kwik Fit mechanic and following faults identified: Front brake pads are worn and close to metal, the SRS (airbag warning) light remains on, Both rear indicator lights are discoloured, the Nearside registration plate lamp is not working, Front tyres are a different size to the rear tyres and the exhaust backbox is heavily corroded. Proof of full service history not provided as indicated in the advert and promised by the dealer. Car returned for repair on 30.11.2021.   My son picked up the car a few days later and took it on trust that all repairs were carried out. He did not receive evidence of full service history. He has a partial history with last stamp being 2014. Also the dealer again informed  us that the car had a full service at time of sale.   AA called out to car on 07.04.2022 and informed us that the timing belt has gone and possibly caused damage to engine. I wrote to the dealer twice with no response until I sent letter before action: they refused to do  anything and said that there was a 3 month warranty.   I issued a claim on the 11.05.2022:   I requested a repair or full refund of the purchase price of £2900 on the grounds that the goods were not of satisfactory quality under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The defendant is refusing to repair and/or refund the cost telling us that they only offer a 3 month warranty and are not going to address the issues. They are ignoring the Consumer Rights Act 2015.   They have responded to the court that: Car had a warranty of 3 months. Car was brought back and we got it repaired. Cam belt is wear and tear and he should have been informed by the service people. We are not liable for wear and tear. Furthermore it is out of warranty period. Cam belts be checked by claimant regularly. We deny all claim.   They have asked for mediation. I really  am at a loss of what to do for the best as we trusted that they would be upfront and honest. I also would expect that if they had serviced the car as they said they did, they would have advised if the cambelt required changing or needed to be changed especially at the mileage and age of the car.   Any advice would be appreciated.  
    • I question your wisdom on paying the od ccj esp to a debt buyer.r   for an od for that period i bet the original sum would have undoubtedly been 90% unlawful penalty fees that if were questioned at the time could well have been removed.   pers i would not be paying it, if they wish to try and enforce payment, that would give you cause to have rhe sum reinvestigated. Might pay you to sar the original creditor if you dont have every statement from day one now in preparation if the dca does try anything.   Dx
  • Our picks