• Tweets

• You're right about the 14 days.  But what does that mean?   It means they cannot use Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 to transfer liability from the driver to the keeper.  But that will be irrelevant if he has outed himself as the driver in his appeal.   We need to see the PCN and what was written in the appeal.
    • Hi,  An elderly friend has received a parking charge notice from Smart Parking after parking at Haven Banks Retail Park, Exeter(date of contravention 04/05/22) . On looking at it it appears he started to enter his registration - entered the first 3 letters and then for some reason entered the whole registration after that (ie 3 extra letters in the front). It is still very clear that it is his registration.   He wanted to pay it straight away but my understanding is that the rules changed in January 2020 for this sort of mistake and that at the first appeal the notice has to be dropped or reduced depending on how big the mistake.  I offered to draft an appeal letter for him which he signed and I posted off.   I am kicking myself now as I really should have sent it by recorded delivery (I’m sure they will probably say they haven’t received it!).   I have however now taken a second look at the Parking Charge Notice sent by them and I see that they have dated it 19/05/22.  As this is 15 days after the contravention and my friend would not have received it for a couple of days after this am I right in thinking that the 14 day rule has been broken by them?  Surely this notice should have been dated within the 14 days?. 
    • I hope you're pleased that the funds have been released as we thought they would be? From memory, I think you said you weren't too bothered about the account being closed as long as they returned your money?   HB
    • I have insured with this company for two years and within that time have had two problems  ( last Year ) with repairing the same door on my Beko washing machine. On the 13 May this year yet again the door would not open on the machine after a wash, called the company and on the 16 May engineer came and said there was a fault with the lock. He came back on the 24 May and spent over an hour trying to repair the door then said it's faulty and I need a new door but he would recommend a new machine as it seems there's a fault with the doors. The next day I rang homeserve and was told an engineer would be calling on the 8 June to fit a new door,  I wasn't pleased so I spoke to someone else who tried to sort this out as I care for my 89 year old mother who has many health issues so we need to wash 2 or 3 times a week, I pointed out that in my agreement it states that if a repair cannot be done within 21 days then a new appliance would be given. I was told yes this is the case but a manager would need to sign this off and they were in a meeting and someone would get back to me the same day.  The next day when no phone call was received I contacted the company again and was told the complete opposite of what was said the day before and they pointed out that if the parts takes longer than 21 days then they don't have to give me a new washer because its out of their control. I'm disgusted by this response and told them so,  as they have not taken into consideration that I care for my mother and this will be 26 days waiting from the day the machine door stopped working and I have no other means of washing my mothers clothes so its now just piling up with the bed linen. So my understanding is if the parts take up to 6 weeks to arrive and are fitted then it's just tough as its not their fault so they don't have to replace the washer. Is this company even bothered about the vulnerable people who insure with them?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Armed_gorilla VS Capital up yer bum

armed_gorilla

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well what can i say that hasnt already been said on here about these lot. Constant phone calls for money i dont have from there indian call centres (Up to 5 or 6 times a day when theyve been told im working between these times) . Just a whole lot of hassle from a pain in the bum credit card company. Well its time for me to get my own back, ive had all my statements sent out for free (just took asking a lady in the collections department after "discussing" the unlawful charges on my account) Well outcome is..........unlawful charges total up to £1606. So it time to set about taking this to the next step. Ive also got a claim ongoing with hellifax which is going to mcol i i dont get the answer i want when i phone customer relations tommorow.

Oh if anyone feels the name in my title is inapropriate :p please let me know and i'll change it

Armed - With Halifax, have you sent all the appropriate letters to them in the first instance?

Make sure you do them so your claim doesn't fall down!

Barclays - Settled -£1410.00

BOS - Settled - £525

C1 - Settled - No Idea How Much!

PPI From HFC Is Next!

Please View The

FAQ's - They Contain Everything You Need!

Armed - With Halifax, have you sent all the appropriate letters to them in the first instance?

Make sure you do them so your claim doesn't fall down!

Yes m8 i made sure i went by the book, ive decided to settle for £900 of the £1200 that halifax owes me. Took me a while to get the woman to that figure but its one im quite happy with to be honest. So its onto capital one now. We want our money back

• 1 month later...

How long has it taken anyone else to get a response from these lot? I sent my prelim request on 15/01/07. It took 2 weeks to even acknowledge they had the letter. They sent the usual response with we'll look into your complaint blah blah blah. I then sent my LBA on 02/02/07 and am yet to get any sort of valid response. As far as im concerned theyve got another 3 days before i can start action against them. I may give a couple of days after as i think i actually sent the letter on the 3rd in the end.