Tesco Club Cards

ValF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not too sure what they would make of me as I am always on the look out for any discarded till reciepts where the clubcard has not been used. I gather them up and then take them to customer services where they add them on to my clubcard. I probably put around £2 a week extra on. Not much I know but over the year it come to about £100 and as I always use them for paying for my holidays it adds up to £400+.

If someone is thinking they are spying on me and gaining access to my spending patterns I think I might have just blown the system.

I suppose this was all thought out by people who have regular salaries and who don't need to be resourceful.

juli99

The thing that really annoys me about the Clubcard is that you get cut off at 650 points and it's 'rolled over' to the next month. That means the maximum monetary voucher is £6.50...and that's every quarter, not every month - how far do they expect that to go? I'm a student, when I get the voucher it's a godsend - but it's gone in a flash and I have to wait another three months. I would estimate my spending in Tescos (until last week) was at least £20pw, often more...ha, no longer. I've finally become fed up with them, and I'm spreading my shopping around. Iceland for the few frozen bits and pieces I get, the market stall for fruit and veg, Boots/Superdrug for toiletries etc...it takes me twice as long to shop, but the market stall guy is friendly and cheap, and it takes money away from Tescos...

Plus, with the vouchers they send you, you get one cash voucher and at least six useless 'extra 500 points when you buy artichokes' or 'extra 250 points if you stand on your head for the enjoyment of our cashiers'...what use are they?? If I use them I'll exceed the 650 limit and it'll all roll over again anyway! lol rant over :D

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Guest Battleaxe

That's interesting about the roll over, I am sure I used to get more cash vouchers when I shopped regularly at Tesco's. only because I was too lazy. these day I am lucky if I get a cash voucher for £3.50. Those get extra bonus points ones, are for products I never use. Maybe we could send these vouchers somewhere to be used. I have noticed my fruit and veges seems to last longer no I am back using the market stalls. Very rarely set foot inside Sainsburys' only go there because it is next door to the post office. I am finding Wilkinson's are giving value for money these days.

RFID is getting more common in the food supply chain, One of the major food suppliers is already widely using these systems.. Cant say too much more really as we fitted the equipment...

You can say what you like mate. It really irritates me that matters such as this which have a VERY REAL effect on my day to day life, are covered up by the companies doing it. Tell us what you put in and where - then we'll know whether we're being monitored and why. Your employer will have a very big fight on their hands legally if they tried to sack someone whose identity they could not prove for telling what they know.

This information is IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST.

The stuff we have fitted is purely in the Factory / Distribution chain and does not get to the areas where general comsumers are affected by the system.

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

The thing that really annoys me about the Clubcard is that you get cut off at 650 points and it's 'rolled over' to the next month. That means the maximum monetary voucher is £6.50...and that's every quarter, not every month - how far do they expect that to go? I'm a student, when I get the voucher it's a godsend - but it's gone in a flash and I have to wait another three months. I would estimate my spending in Tescos (until last week) was at least £20pw, often more...ha, no longer. I've finally become fed up with them, and I'm spreading my shopping around. Iceland for the few frozen bits and pieces I get, the market stall for fruit and veg, Boots/Superdrug for toiletries etc...it takes me twice as long to shop, but the market stall guy is friendly and cheap, and it takes money away from Tescos...

Plus, with the vouchers they send you, you get one cash voucher and at least six useless 'extra 500 points when you buy artichokes' or 'extra 250 points if you stand on your head for the enjoyment of our cashiers'...what use are they?? If I use them I'll exceed the 650 limit and it'll all roll over again anyway! lol rant over

Only £6.50. I amassed £800 worth of points last year.

Juli99

There's a book all about the Tesco Club Card scheme, how it was set up and how the marketing programmes work. Not sure quite how much detail it goes in to for their use of customer info, but you can read pages from it at Amazon:

Amazon.co.uk: Scoring Points: How Tesco Is Winning Customer Loyalty: Books: Clive Humby,Terry Hunt,Tim Phillips

It's not written by anyone from Tescos, but rather the marketing people who originally came up with the idea of card schemes in the 90s (Sainsbury's had already poo-poo'd their ambitious ideas, apparently! Duh...).

"Be reasonable, demand the impossible"

Just seen this thread and read through with quite a bit of interest.

I too have a clubcard, noticed I can get a Tussaud's Annual pass from them and only have to spend a lot less than Nectar so I am now fueling up at tescos (BP and Tesco are about 500 meters apart so no skin off my nose, and plus Tesco is now cheaper after the BP garage was franchised)

I personally don't have an issue with the data collected by Tesco - I get offers and junk through the post and in fact much more in the leaflets with local free newspapers which don't interest me at all. The fact that Tesco's computer can see what I buy the most of and then send me offers I feel is a worthwhile service - Hey if I get 2-4-1 on Jack Daniels you won't hear me complaining!

I do agree that we have to be wary of future plans in respect of hidden monitoring but the clubcard scheme as far as I can see is positive for both the retailer and the consumer.

In my opionion, and its very rare I have a good thing to say about chain stores, Tesco have got it right in their business model. They have expanded to other lines from grocceries etc but where they are different is that they realise what the consumer wants and pitch everything at a reasonable price that they do well, even though the same thing is cheaper online.

Tom

Guest Battleaxe
did u post it?

Yes I did, I am waiting for the documentation, I also did one for Norwich Union at the same time, still waiting for that one too