Tesco Club Cards

ValF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am wondering what happens to all the information Tesco has if we use their Club Cards? It has been bothering me for sometime and for 1p in the pound is it worth it ? I was wondering if any users of this site work for Tesco's and who has access to this information. Someone told me a selfemployed person was asked by the Inland Revenue where the cash came from they had used in Tesco's. they had found this out through their club card, which would show how the bill was paid. Is this just a rumour going around? I just feel if Tesco's don't keep this information just for their own market research then it is a bit big brother. Anyone out there know anything?

Fact: Tesco make more money from Clubcards than anything else including food, petrol, online sales, clothing etc etc.

Tesco sell your data and that's how they make so much money.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Tesco sell your data and that's how they make so much money.

....which supports my decision many years ago not to have one!!!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

I wonder what would come to light if you did a SAR..

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

I am game, why not, I will post one off today

Remember to ask them to Add your 10 Tesco points for the £10 for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)..lol

Ian:D

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Guest Battleaxe

Will I get four times the face value? Will Tesco form a partnership with HMCS, like they have with the Marriott et al?

Do I get the points added at the service Desk?

Can't this be resolved pretty simply by writing to them under the Data Protection Act saying that you do not give them permission to share your data with third parties?

Funny, I had never considered this in relation to Tesco Club Cards but I think I will now get on the case.

Gruffle Gaw vs Halifax - £1531.50: ***WON - cheque for £1966.78 received 30/09/06***:)

I'm not a legal professional and my advice is given without prejudice or liability.

If you found my post helpful, please click the scales on the left.

I am game, why not, I will post one off today

did u post it?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Glad to see I am not the only one who thinks like this, I stopped using my Tesco & Sainsbury Cards months ago, I have never been one to use my bank card to pay for anything I draw out cash, I just don't like the idea of having my life style laid out on a bank statement, only direct debits for utility bills,car & home insurance go through my bank. It always went through my mind I was selling my soul to the Devil for 1p in the pound.

:) You see what you have started Now Val..LLF :D

I went to Tescos this afternoon only to find it Packed out solid, so not having the patience to wander through crowds and get my hells wrecked by the woman trolley drivers..(oh Recon I'll regret that comment..lol). So for the first time ever I came home and did My tesco shopping online. When I registered my clubcard number it also produced a list of my Favourite Items ...? This is a list of all recent things I have purchased in store.. It really makes you wonder what else they have stored about customers.

Ian

Guest ian cognito

Doesn't there have to be a confidentiality clause on anything you register your details to that says you will/will not allow them to be shared, I always tick the little "no" box, not sure if they take any notice but at least you told them if there's ever a legal issue.

Reidnet, I never go to Tesco on a Saturday, to many people, but I have heard if you shop online up comes all your favorites.

Something more I could start, when I was in America I watched a TV programme where they looked at bacteria on supermarket trolley handles, and beleive me you would not eat while pushing the trolley round if you saw this programme. Amazing what they found on these.:eek:

Re Tesco cards, I never did have one in my own name, I used my mother's and often laughed thinking of Tesco's wondering why an 86 year old women would buy all this food and booze. She loved it when she got the money off coupons.

In that case, Clubcard will be the least of your worries when RFID technology gets rolled out on a wider scale!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

How right you are Barracad found this on Wikipedia

The potential for privacy violations with RFID was demonstrated by its use in a pilot program by the Gillette Company, which conducted a "smart shelf" test at a Tesco in Cambridge, England. They automatically photographed shoppers taking RFID-tagged safety razors off the shelf, to see if the technology could be used to deter shoplifting. [14] This trial resulted in consumer boycott against Gillette and Tesco.

It also mentioned they had been used in other countries in loyalty cards.

We are already lliving in a BB society and Tesco gets a mention.

Can't this be resolved pretty simply by writing to them under the Data Protection Act saying that you do not give them permission to share your data with third parties?

No, the DPA does not give you control of your personal data - a common misperception.

As long as they process it fairly and within their registration you have no authority to prevent.

You are entitled to a copy and to correct any errors

No, the Data Protection Act does not give you control of your personal data - a common misperception.

As long as they process it fairly and within their registration you have no authority to prevent.

You are entitled to a copy and to correct any errors

Shame.

Gruffle Gaw vs Halifax - £1531.50: ***WON - cheque for £1966.78 received 30/09/06***:)

I'm not a legal professional and my advice is given without prejudice or liability.

How right you are Barracad found this on Wikipedia

The potential for privacy violations with RFID was demonstrated by its use in a pilot program by the Gillette Company, which conducted a "smart shelf" test at a Tesco in Cambridge, England. They automatically photographed shoppers taking RFID-tagged safety razors off the shelf, to see if the technology could be used to deter shoplifting. [14] This trial resulted in consumer boycott against Gillette and Tesco.

Unbelievable. Who the hell do they think they are?

Their customer base has permanently gone down by one, and I'll be shaving my legs with shower gel from now on. :)

Some of the info is put to good use, the police have monitored spenditure of drug dealers through Clubcards.:) and once im in a position not to need the £2/£3 vouchers i will be chopping the card up. To much big brother for me:mad:

BL:)

There was some discussion in the newspapers a while ago about the Revenue wanting to gain access to this sort of data. This would enable them to crosscheck spending patterns to declared income.

As far as I know this hasn't gotten anywhere but you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a civil servant (or more likely a team of them) plotting to do this.

Guest ian cognito

RFID technology is already widely used in logistics where pallets are chipped to follow their progress and to aid in stock taking, it is but a small step to chip individual items rather than pallets, the excuses used will be stock taking, theft prevention etc. but you can bet your bottom dollar the info will be used for marketing purposes, are you sure it is not already included ready to use in the chip on your cash card - i'll bet the answer to that one is no!

To really stamp home the big brother scenario, what about rfid chips planted under the skin? rather like tagging your dog!!!! It has been discussed!!!!!

RFID is getting more common in the food supply chain, One of the major food suppliers is already widely using these systems.. Cant say too much more really as we fitted the equipment..

Ian