SiFly Vs Barclays

SiFly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all

I hope I am now posting in the right place.

A quick update to where i am.

I have successfully sent my SAR and got my statements back without a problem.

I have sent a request for my £490 pounds to which they replied with an offer of £250 which I declined.

So i sent the LBA and their 14 days are now up.

So now its time to go to Money Claim. Which is where i need a bit of help, I just want to make sure that i am doing the right things as i am starting to get worried and really dont want to lose now.

1. What address do i put on the money claim for barclays. So far I have done all correspondence with Leicester but i have seen the churchill place address being advised on the forum.

2. I have got a little lost on what i should be putting in the Particulars Of Claim box. I believe my claim is straight forward so surely it should be quite a simple claim. and do i need to send anything off as soon as i have filed the claim or do i just wait for the AQ.

TIA for any help

Sifly

You can go back more than 6 years but you need to do a lot of research on this site and really know what you are doing. Also difficult if you have not kept all your statments going back 20 years as they do not have to keep records for that long.

If you do decide to pursue for more than 6 years you can always use the available statements as a basis for an estimated claim. Keep an eye on threads that are challenging the statute of limitations (where this six year cut-off comes from) and base your decision on the success or otherwise of these cases.

don't fret. barclays only tactic is to delay until a few days before the hearing before calling u up and offering to pay in full. especially with non-contentious claims such as yours. (within 6 years).

thanks dunnie, i do hope your right about barclays settling b4 court.

I am now almost ready to send my money claim, if someone could tell me what amount i put in the AMOUNT CLAIMED box. Do i put in the total amount of charges plus interest, or just the amount of charges.

thanks for replies, hopefully this is the last question for a while

I have filled in the form online at MCOL and paid, do i need to post copies of the form aswell attaching my spreadsheet of charges

No. There's no need to send anything other than your schedule that includes the 8% interest and you should now send one copy to MCOL by post, and, at the top of that one, you must put your claim reference number which MCOL will have given you. Produce another and substitute the MCOL number with the reference number from the Banks’ letter to you.

The Addresses you need to send the copies of the schedule are:

For Barclays:

Barclays Legal and Compliance

Level 29

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

And for MCOL it’s

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Include a letter in each referring to the schedule, and mention that you have sent the other party a copy of this schedule. I have sent every one of my letters by recorded delivery. Some people here say that that is not necessary but I did anyway. It’s up to you at the end of the day.

• Confused 1

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I have another question.

Barclays acknowledged my claim on the 8th jan, I am sure i read somewhere that i should leave serving judgement until the 15th day because the court allows an extra day for them to file a defence. am i correct or should i start judgement at 1 minute past midnight tonight?

Thanks

SiFly

As far as I know, its 28 days from date claim was served on the defendant, but if you go for judgment, barclays will enter defence tomorrow and the court will accept it.

Emz:D

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

Barclays Bank - £2238.33 Settled 02/01/07

Bristol & West - S.A.R sent 12/01/07

Read my successful thread

here

'Money can't buy you happiness, but it does

bring you a more pleasant form of misery'

What date was your claim served on Barclays?

Have you checked on MCOL, because I think that where it says defendant has acknowledged, it also gives a date by which they have to respond/enter defence.

Usually, once the claim is issued, the court allows 5 days for it to be served, so the 28 days start from the date served and not the date issued. e.g claim issued on 02/01/07, deemed served on 07/01/07, if acknowledged defendant gets 28 days from 07/01/07 to enter defence.

Hope this helps

Emz:D

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

Barclays Bank - £2238.33 Settled 02/01/07

Bristol & West - S.A.R sent 12/01/07

Read my successful thread

here

'Money can't buy you happiness, but it does

bring you a more pleasant form of misery'

It is worth reading the New Strategy on AQs since it could potentially spped up the process and settlement of the claim.

It sounds quite complicated at first but it does make sense - basically you are suggesting to the Judge what directions to issue and if he issues the directions it forces barclays to submit evidence more quickly than having to wait until 14 days before a court date that could be months away. There is no certainty that the Judge will issue the directions as suggested but it is certainly worth a try.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires.html#post482191

Peter

PETER RABBIT V BARCLAYS Settled in Full 05 March 2007

Thanks for the help,

I have just received my AQ this morning, i have been looking at the new strategy. Am i right that

1. i just fill in the blanks on the draft order and send it in with my AQ

2. fill in section G with the quote on the forum post about "new strategy"

It seems too easy, might aswell give it a try if thats the case.

Lastly, for this post anyway, My claim is under £1500 so i dont need to pay:) but do i tick the yes or no box when asked have i attached the fee.

Thanks SiFly

Thanks for the help,

I have just received my AQ this morning, i have been looking at the new strategy. Am i right that

1. i just fill in the blanks on the draft order and send it in with my AQ

2. fill in section G with the quote on the forum post about "new strategy"

It seems too easy, might aswell give it a try if thats the case.

Lastly, for this post anyway, My claim is under £1500 so i dont need to pay:-) but do i tick the yes or no box when asked have i attached the fee.

Thanks SiFly

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("512119") report.gif progress.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just got my court date through for mid april, so now its time for me to fianalise my bundle. On the letter from the court it states " It will be not be necessary for any party to file or exhibit a copy of the OFT report 'Calculating fair default charges in credit card contracts' though it may be referred to in any written evidence."

What do they mean by written evidence?

do i put an up-to-date list of charges in the bundle?

I have read that some people have rung barclays at about this time to try and get a full refund. Is this recommended, is it sucessful, who should i speak to and on what number?

Thanks for any help