Help - Claim over 5k

Tango34
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If my claim comes to over £5000 (This is more then likely true - as I havn't always been very good at managing money*) what is the best route to take?

* - But thinking about it, If the charges haddn't been placed onto my account, I wouldn't have become overdrawn, then I wouldn't have had to borrow more money to get through the month, and I would have managed to live within my pay. - It makes you wonder, how much of the debt in the UK is down to UK Banks, takeing money that they shouldn't have?

Regards

Hi Tango34,

If your claim is for more than £5000 then U won't be able to go down the Small Claims route when U file at court.

U will be allocated to the Fast Track...which I believe costs £750 to file...with a possibility that if U lose your claim, U may be liable to pay the other parties legal fees...(obviously if U win, they pay U your £750 back!)

It has been suggested by some that it is better to split your claim (...one claim at a time) so as to follow the Small Claims route.

Others have gone down the Fast Track way, asking the court to proceed under the Small Claims rules, but am not sure if they were allowed too?

U might want to go the Fast Track way anyway, just to get it over and done with quicker...but be mindful if it does get defended all the way of what U could possibly end up losing if your claim is ill prepared and U haven't covered all the angles at each stage.

Your Money...Your Claim...Your choice!

* - Banks have shareholders...They have a legal duty to maximise profits for those shareholders (...NOT customers!).

Pension funds buy shares in Banks.

Ordinary people pay into pension funds.

Ergo...

Bank Charges are retirement saving plans!

Not quite...

Unfortunately after U take out the dividend cut per se, of the foreign investors and those who are lucky enough never to stray into the red, it is the rest of us less well off people that subsidise those who don't need subsidising in the first place.

Extortionate Bank Charges ensure that the less well off (...the poor people aren't allowed credit...too much risk of not being able to afford to repay!) can't break the cycle of debt and thus...

Welcome to SerfdomUK2006!

Such is the joy of macro-economics!...:rolleyes:

Guest Mumofthreeboys
which I believe costs £750 to file...with a possibility that if U lose your claim, U may be liable to pay the other parties legal fees...(obviously if U win, they pay U your £750 back!)

It does not cost £750 to file. You may well be liable for their costs if you lose, but you won't lose or see the inside of the court room.

Guest Mumofthreeboys

My advice would be not to split your claim - how much are you claiming in total?

What letters have you sent so far?

.....Had previously read the following thread very late one night several weeks ago and ONLY remembered the

"...fast track trial costs...£750..." bit of it:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/22383-fast-track-costs.html#post174519

It refers to what can be claimed as Fast Track costs and NOT what is the court fee to file.

Once again am really sorry for giving misleading info unintentionally...:(