Jazzy V Barclays

jazzy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After umming and arring for nearly a year I have finally had enough. I'm sick of the poor customer service and horrendous attitudes of the staff at barclays. How they can charge people who are only just about living above the bread line so much is beyond me. Charging ANYONE is bad enough, but when every penny counts and they just don't want to listen to your circumstance I find this down right disgusting and very greedy.

I have just printed off the first letter requesting a list of charges. I am claiming for two accounts but they are with two different branches. Do I need to say this or state the sort codes at all?

Also I am a little confused as to where to send this to. I folowed the link to the on the step by step quide to the data protection register and keyed in "barclays". Is this the adress this letter should be sent to? "one churchil place" Is the adress I have.

Jazzy

Also, in the SAR it requests the detail over the banking history, it doesn't mention 6 years at all. I know it's probably a silly question, but I want to get this right, Do I need to state 6 years or does the banking history already cover this.

Yep, told you it's a silly question. Self explanatory really but going by my luck financially, I'll only shoot myself in the foot and end up doing something stupid nd only claim for a few months or something stupid.

Hi, and Welcome to the CAG Barclays forum.

In answer to your question(s).

The Data Protection letter S.A.R. asks for the details they hold on YOU as a person but I see no problem in you adding the accounts for which you specifically require details. Include the individual sort codes and account numbers in the one letter.

Send it to their Churchill Place address. It will be re-directed from there.

Also, as long as you send the template letter as is printed in this site, they are obliged to send you that information.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Thank you, welshman

Am printing the letter as I speak, and it will be sent off tomorrow.

EDIT: I just posted it, The feeling of satisfaction is great already. So glad I decided to do this at last.

• 1 month later...

Finally got my statements this morning, but only for 1 of my 2 accounts with them. They do still have until thursday to send the rest to me but I find itodd that they were not all sent at the same time. My SAR clearly stated the two account numbers. Do they usually send different accounts separately? I wouldn't have minded but the account they did send details of only had a small number of charges on them. It's the other account which I know had significant charges on.

Anyone else claiming for more than one account with Barclays?

Ok, I got the rest of the statements this morning. A little surprised as they have sent me statements as far back as 1995.

I have heard some people are claiming back further that 6 years. Is this advisable, or should I just stick to the 6 years?

They sent me my entire banking history with them. Seems rude not to use them.

Jazzy

One final question:-

Do people claim separately for different accounts or can you lump it all together in one?

I'm thinking of the schedual of charges, wont it be complicated with two accounts on?

Thanks

Hi Jazzy,

I combined the 2 accounts on the one claim but provided 2 spreadsheets (1 for each account) for that claim to keep the charges separate. It was much easier. If your 2 accounts takes the money over the £5,000 though then that will take you out of the small claims court. Both of ours together are just under £5,000 including interest. If yours is under the 5K it would be easier to do one claim as you only have 1 lot of fees to pay out too.

Re. Claiming back further that 6 years. Its a very personal decision really on your knowledge etc as it will take more battling for that one. There are some good threads from people who are going down that route but nothing springs to mind at the moment.

I went for the easiest option (if you can call it that!) at the time and just went for the 6 years. I haven't ruled out pre 6 years yet though!! I may follow it up after this one is sucessful and I get a bit more confident. As will I with the Additions Account thing.

Good luck

Laineybelle

Thanks, Laineybelle

Just doing my spread sheets now. I came to the same conclusion: two sheets, one claim.

I did think I would have loads and loads of charges to claim back, but I'm actually quite surprised , thay dont add up to as much as i thought. £470 for one account (only had the account three years) and £700 for the other. Most of that was within the last 18 months though and i've got about thatagain but I miss out on that by about 6 months-1 year if I only claim back the 6 years.

I'm not particularly assertive or ruthless so maybe like you I will wait until my confidence grows before I even think about tackling that one.

I am have trouble with the spread sheets though. Where it says interest date, is that the date the charge was made?

And, where it says "total penalties, total bank interst on penalties" "total interst" and "total claim" I have no value it just says "#N/A Did not find value 1/1/2001"

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I completed the easy spreadsheet with interest from the library and that has been more than sufficient for me.

The all I listed was the desciption of charges and the date it was charged and the rest happened automatically. Are you sure you have covered all the charges? Unauthorised Over Draft Fee, DD or STO Return Fee (ie. Unpaids) Chq return fee. I thought ours wouldn't be much and was horrified when I had listed them all. It was double what we had 'calculated'.

Laineybelle

No, I got 'em all. I had a whole 3 and a half year period where I wasn't charged once. Strange how dissapointed I am about it, lol.

Like I say most charges have been in the last 18 months and I had another bad spell 7 years ago, but obviously I won't be claiming for them...yet!

I want to claim interest on charges but it's all too confusing for me. Tried to use the spreadsheet but got in a muddle. So probably just claim back charges only. Unless anyone can give me idiot proof instructions?

Will be sending my prelim letter tomorrow, once I've done spread sheet on other account.

Jazzy

To calcualte the s69 8% interest use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and visual guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges to send with your prelim and LBA letters.

Thanks, Michael.

I got the 8% one ok, but wanted to claim back the interest that they charged me for going overdrawn due to thier charges. I tried to fill out the sheet but it all got V complicated and wasn't sure what I should be putting in where.

I'm not figure minded, so I think I'll just stick to the 8%.

Thanks anyway.

Recieved standard "sorry you are unhappy" letter this morning.

They have until the 6th Feb then I send the LBA :O)

They can stick their 4 to 8 weeks to look into it up their taffif ;o)

I'm in charge of this one barclays.

Got an offer of £600 this morning (just over 1/2 what I am claiming)

What do the majority of people do, accept partial payment but carry on with claim, or reject the lot?

£600 is really needed right now.

Accept the offer as partial payment and tell them you will be claiming the full ammount though, they usually then withdraw the offer.

Remember its your money and its worth hanging on for the full lot, and £600 is alot !

To follow my claim against barclays Msa V Barclays Bank 5 days till court

Thank you.

I'm really not sure about this whole court thing. It seems so complicated. I can download the court bundle stuff but I don't understand ANY of it. Just supposing they start taking people to court. I would be useless!

Not only that but I don't think I can even scrap together the money to take them to court anyway. THings really are that tight (thank you Barclays!!!).

On the other hand, it's my money! And Why should I let them take £600 of it! It should be out of principal that I carry this through. It's them that have made things so tight for me.

Aggghhhrrrrr....I'm really torn.

Anyone out there able to motivate me? I'm having serious wobbles.

alright mate,

don't worry bout a thing.am i right in thinking they owe you £1170 or so plus about £200 in interest which comes to about £1370 ish.

that is a hell of a lot of money.if i were you i would bite the bullet and see it through to the end.that's what i have done since october and now have a court date looming.they owe me just over 4 grand and i am prepared to go all the way.

it gets easier as you go along believe me and as your claim is less than £1500 it won't cost you anything to submit a claim with MCOL.

go for it mate what have you got to lose.

good luck whatever you do.