Taking on GE Capital

Misscheifmaker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm going to try and claim back from GE Capital as had numerous accounts with them over the years.

My only problem is that i closed all the accounts down about 2 years ago and as a result have no idea what my account numbers with them would have been.

Is there anyway of asking them for the statements when i don't know any info - can i just put the address i would have been at at the time in the data request letter?

Thanks!!

We're just about to send our DPA request to GE Capital. Our account was closed down over a year ago too. Presumambly you can ask them the account details as part of the DPA request. After all, the presumably had no problem with your ID when they were trying to get money out of you!

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Yes i had the same difficulties, i just gave them my name and address explained in the DPA request that i did not know my account number, but expected that as a large company has such good ICT systems they would be able to find my details via a search. good luck with actions

adi

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

SAR sent Saturday - the clock is ticking

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

I'm going to try and claim back from GE Capital as had numerous accounts with them over the years.

My only problem is that i closed all the accounts down about 2 years ago and as a result have no idea what my account numbers with them would have been.

Is there anyway of asking them for the statements when i don't know any info - can i just put the address i would have been at at the time in the data request letter?

Thanks!!

They might ask you for some information to prove who you are, but they should be able to get your information quite easily.

I claimed back on 5 GE accounts, these guys are not too difficult.

Crusher :D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

• 1 month later...

So Misscheifmaker, anything happening?

GE Money paid all our charges without a fight - most immediately after the initial request letter. The rest were estimate charges and they paid those as well within a few days. The fight now is getting them to cough up the interest they charged us on the unlawful charges.

Steven

Steven

My Wins

They might ask you for some information to prove who you are, but they should be able to get your information quite easily.

I claimed back on 5 GE accounts, these guys are not too difficult.

Crusher :D

they are very easy to deal with, payout before you get court hearing. but you have to go court route. very easy. :) :) esp the ppi!!!! ;)

So Misscheifmaker, anything happening?

GE Money paid all our charges without a fight - most immediately after the initial request letter. The rest were estimate charges and they paid those as well within a few days. The fight now is getting them to cough up the interest they charged us on the unlawful charges.

Steven

the first claim i made against them they wouldnt cough up the 8% but i let that slide as it was very little. but they have in recent claims ive made done what i claimed contractural + 8%!!!!!! didnt quibble! :)

Kimmy01

That's what we've done and they are quibbling (for now anyway - lets see what happens when they get the court papers, heh?)

Steven

My Wins