I've been notified of a Directions Hearing, what do I do now?

martingump

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've lodged a claim against Barclays for £2090 in charges, with interest added it's taken the total claim to £2700ish.

I've just had notification from my local County Court of a 'directions hearing' lasting 15 mins. Question is, what's it for?

Is a 'directions hearing' one which I could expect a judge to make a decision?

I've not had notification from the court to supply any papers (yet), but I have prepared my court bundle in readiness. I'm happy with the bundle, and with the case as a whole. Should I give a copy in to the Court before this hearing and send a copy to Barclays?

Should I expect the judge to transfer my case to the Mercantile Court at this hearing?

Anyone out there help :confused:

Don't send anything until asked.

I was set for a Directions Hearing for next week but I've settled. It may take Barclays a few days before they receive and process the Hearing date. Have a look at the tail end of my thread (see below for the link) to see what I did.

Any problems, post another question on this thread.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Don't worry. this is not a full hearing, it's merely for the judge to assess the case and issue directions to either or both the claimant and defendant. Transfer to Mercantile is one possiblity. You don't need to send the bundle, but of course have it with you.

Thanks Welshman & Michael.

I might just give Alex Martin a call next week, see if they want to put an end to it. My Directions Hearing date is 16/03/2007 :eek:

I'd love to know how you managed to get your courts to move so fast!!!

Alex Martin seems to have left Barclays. Still ring that number and ask the same question of the person who answers.

Remember, be polite, you'll get a more positive response.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman