Snaps V Natwest

snappertherapper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

£5K request

Got my 6 years statements from Natwest 2 days ago, only took a week but in the usual tatty envelope which was ripped open.

Going to send the first letter (template) to the branch over the weekend. One question.. can i photocopy the statements highlighting the charges and send that (easy peasy, im in work now)? or is it best to type up in an excel sheet and send?? Guess thatll take a while so could be a sunday jobbie.

Ive worked it out quickly with calculator and its just over £5k, im gonna knock it down a bit to keep in small claims. Any advice at this stage? allways recorded delivery? should i ever need to phone them to chase?

Been reading thru this site and MSE for weeks (every day) and think im well clued up enough to start with a reasonable amount of confidence. but its good reading anyway.

any way my journey starts here. wish I would have done it a while ago and got some thing for xmas! but hopefully something to look forward to!

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges.

• 1 month later...

Success!!!

Claimed £4,663

Paid £4,663

Was very lazy and didnt send my 1st letter off until the 17th Jan, even though i got my statements back in December. Letter through the post this morning (29th Jan) offering full amount as good will. Cant believe how quick it was! 12 days after 1st letter.

A very long letter defending charges but right at the end, last paragraph, a HOWEVER..... we will pay you as good will gesture!!! lovely jublee!

Wish I wouldnt have been so lazy and done it sooner!

send me a link and ill be delighted to make a donation.

cheers for the help. this site is brilliant. but it sure was a lot easier than i expected! hope other people are gettin as lucky.

:D :D :D:lol: