• Tweets

• Hi, I have found this group very helpful hence I am here seeking help and advice.   I got myself into a situation where I have now more than £50k in unsecured debts (personal loans & credit cards) and things are now getting out of control as I am struggling to make payments. This is purely my own created situation and I am taking 100% responsibility for it. I am keen to get out of this situation as soon as possible hence I would appreciate any help and advice in this process. I am employed at the moment and don’t want to risk going into IVA or bankruptcy as this would risk losing my job. Being sole bread earner of my family, I cannot afford to lose my job. I have been trying to keep up with the payments so far and had few missed payments instances until 3/4 months ago but got caught up with missed payments somehow using my savings. All my debts are still with original lenders. However I know I am getting into same situation again shortly and won’t be able to get out of it again. I have started exploring Debt Management Plan (DMP) option through StepChange but haven’t submitted it yet. Based on budgeting, I have around £820 available to make payments to all lenders after taking care of all other essential expenses. This is definitely lot more affordable than what I am currently paying to different lenders. 1. Is DMP right option for me in current situation? 2. what are the negative consequences of availing DMP? 3. is there something else that I can do to get out of this situation? I’m determined to clear out all my debts but need bit of breathing space and time. Let me know please if you need any additional information. Thanks in advance for all your help and guidance. MM  
    • Bookmakers use betting on political events to entice new customers, and say it is growing.View the full article
    • nope  and  neither dx
    • Ok Thank you DX will do just that . will keep you up dated.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, cjcregg said:

Do you intend to revise this thread's title assuming Labour win the general election?

Perhaps to

Should we trust Starmer or whoever the Wingnuts latest crowning is to fix the Country's problems?

To minimise further renames - a labour leadership challenge isnt entirely out of the picture of course, but the poops will undoubtedly have all sorts of challenges

Changed to wingnuts as there is an outside possibility that Tice could become an MP in Skeggy

If he cant win in Skeg - seems to me he cant win anywhere

Seems Tice is running because loser Farage simply hasn't got the cajones

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“Do I want to spend every Friday for the next five years in Clacton?”

Farage, Feb 2024 talking smack about the Peninsula town

.. before he decided he wanted their votes

13 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Such a waste of money, UB. It's bordering on criminal.

I wonder if someone is keeping an up to date list of these seemingly criminal actions of the Torys

VIPlane - already been flagged as unlawful hasn't it? - Claw back the money and refer the pals to their pals for private payment

Rwanda dogwhistle £300-500M

10s of Billions in taxpayer money to international energy market companies - including to pay for UK north sea resources

Vast sums allowed to be ripped off UK citizens by water companies

.. Just off the top of my head and I'm sure that just scratches the surface   🤯

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Whens crony mone in court?

and when is her peerage being cancelled - she just on a 'leave of absence' at moment isnt she?

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

never a real issue - hearsay complaint raised with police by senior poop for political advantage and to try and deflect perception from their own multiple and far worse (even if raynors was real, which it wasn't) abuses

.. promoted by shallow end of the gene pool tabloids and similarly shallow end poopy cheerleaders

- amazing how little they report/retort about the wingnuts many extreme abuses eh?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

Lets not forget the MANY tories letting out their properties while claiming vast expenses from the taxpayer to subsidise buying or just paying for another property, which they then sold at 10s or 100s 000 of pounds profit

4 examples linked higher in thread

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Vastly more reasonable move than Elphicke

The Tory Legacy

so, unlike Trump the crim

Angela Rayner vindicated 

The deputy Labour leader has been completely vindicated – including in her tough refusal to publish her private tax and legal advice confirming that she paid the tax she should and was properly registered to vote. 

😃

The Tory Legacy

Quote of the day

“Head in hands and reviewing how useful my contact book will be in five weeks' time.”

a Tory lobbyist, who’s not doing so good

- Marie Le Conte

• Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

well some might say, this is a fuel station spillage issue ..

and

"The company said (test) results on Thursday indicated “a possible deterioration in quality” of drinking water “in some areas”."

YET

"Complaints from local people about the fuel leak date back to 2021"

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Company tells Bramley residents that tests have indicated ‘possible deterioration in quality’ after historical fuel leak

The Tory Legacy

Sunak's already had enough of travelling like the little people.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Rishi Sunak told broadcasters: 'The train was great, I've been taking lots of pictures and videos' - but he skipped the 3-hour, £55 train home in favour of...

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posted (edited)

2168.jpg?width=1300&dpr=2&s=none

dd770516-20b4-43af-83e8-1827c3d29d91.e21

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage

WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.

“Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”

... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)

The Tory Legacy

WWW.ELECTORALCALCULUS.CO.UK

Interesting article about just how bad it could be for the Tories.  Also Tories could be hoping on Reform not having candidates in many seats, as they were not ready.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Now that is an interesting article which adds afew perspective that I hadn't thought significant - but on reflection of the perspectives offered ...

Now Starmer is no Blair, however 'blairite he may be perceived, but the Tories aren't tories and aren't even remotely liberal

The fast 'unannounced and unexpected election call from sunack may well be explained by the opinion linked that he hoped reform would be unprepared and effectively call a chunk of Farages largely empty bluster - making him look even more of a prat, leave scope for attacks on shabby reform candidates and mimimise core vote losses to reform - while throwing the 'middle ground' (relative) tories TO THE DOGS

- and with the added bonus of likely pacifying his missu' desire to jogg off to sunny cal tout suite somewhat

thumb in the air - I expect about 140ish tory seats, but can hope for under a hundred

Reform - got to admit the outside possibility of 1, maybe 2 seats with about 8% of the vote - but unlikely. I think projections of over 10% of the vote for reform is nudged and paid for speculation - but possible with the expected massive drives from Russian, Chinese and far right social media bot and troll prods targeting the gullible.

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

Speaking of the reformatory boys, here they are with all of their supporters, some of whom traveled with them from miles away, all carefully crammed together and photographed to look like there were more than about 80 .. rather like Farages last rally with even fewer people crammed around what looked like an ice cream van or mobile tea bar

... Although a number in the crowd apparently thought they were at a vintage car rally as they appeared to be chanting 'crank-her'. A vintage Bentley must be out of view.

GO_RYMkXUAAm-w0?format=jpg&name=small

Is this all there is? Its less than the Tory candidate. - shut up and smile while they get a camera angle that looks better

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

On interviewing members of the 'gathering of 10s of people, who huddled together in a small village pub car park with the bus and other vehicles with room to spare, other excited comments were offered:

'wheres the free chip van we were told was here?' a group of 9 locals asked

'Isn't this Angelas' battle bus?' from another significant group comprising over 10% of the total (11)

'We thought it was  30p Lees' resignation speech? retorted what seemed to be the largest grouping (around 25)

A large percentage (6 or 7) of the crowd of 10's were apparently so impressed with the 2 very small looking figures hidden away on the top of the double decker, they repeatedly called for knighthoods for the right pair:

"2 Sirs" "2 Sirs" was continually heard 

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The Conservatives says it will save £1.2bn by cutting VIPals NHS bosses and management consultants they have imposed of the NHS over the last 14 years

.. sometime maybe

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/tories-to-slash-number-of-nhs-managers-to-fund-new-gp-surgeries-3087078

The Tory Legacy

Well, they trashed their last election manifesto pledges, so nothing new really is it?

They just find weasel words to try to claim they haven't actually failed if you just look at it just a little squinted and in this particular way  - and are stupid.

The Tory Legacy

I see 2p farage has been shamed into running

Hes chosen Clacton - Carswells old seat -  high percentage over 60 + white with poor folk living in beech huts - so likely no vote = so probably his best chance ..

.. which will make it even more amusing when he fails

Given the 'crowd that didnt turn out for 3p Lee and 2p Farage (depreciation) in Andersons home seat, I'm looking forward to some belly laughs

The Tory Legacy