• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

Rishi Sunak tried to scrap a national volunteering scheme similar to his new “national service” plan when he was chancellor, according to sources who worked with him at the time.

He argued that the National Citizen Service (NCS) was not good value for money but Boris Johnson stepped in to save the programme, i has been told.

Although the NCS was not abolished, it has had its budget cut by more than two thirds since the last general election.

- inews

INEWS.CO.UK

Funding for the National Citizen Service has been cut by more than two thirds since the last general election

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“Do I want to spend every Friday for the next five years in Clacton?”

Farage, Feb 2024 talking smack about the Peninsula town

.. before he decided he wanted their votes

I've got my silicone valley life vest  .. and my missus says 'get on with it, we've got all the contracts we'll get and and dont want to pay that non-dom tax i said i would - lets get gone from this sh**hole your party has created

3500.jpg?width=1140&dpr=2&s=none

6000.jpg?width=1140&dpr=2&s=none

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

First campaign day marked by concerns about ‘plants’ in audience and PM putting Euros foot in mouth in Wales

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

All the mishaps, unforced errors, pratfalls – they only make sense if we assume the prime minister has a secret and unspoken plan up his sleeve...

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Steve Baker, a Tory Brexit veteran, is currently on a pre-booked holiday in Greece because, he said, the PM assured the party the election would be later in the year. “I’ve chosen to do my campaign work in Greece,” he said, in a quotation for the ages.

:rofl:

- new statesman (Rik would be proud)

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

Smug Hunt

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

as expected

Greater Manchester police says it won't take any action over Tory allegations against Angela Rayner

Greater Manchester police has said that it is not taking any further action over allegations that Angela Rayner, the deputy Labour leader, broke the law after she bought a council home which she subsequently sold before becoming an MP.

so now lets get Jenrick, Johnson, Cummings and all the others claiming here there and elsewhere as their main homes during lockdown home hopping

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

Yep - investigate Jenrick, Johnson, Cummings and the dozens of 'multi-home Tory MPs and Peers who undoubtedly (and in some cases seemingly self-confessed) did what the Torys tried to smear Raynor with.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Sunak tried to stop the public seeing this report.

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

As Chancellor, Rishi Sunak ignored pleas from campaigners including footballer Marcus Rashford by scrapping the £20-per-week Universal Credit...

Illegitimi non carborundum

This sounds bad. Long-term investigation by the Graun.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Mossad director Yossi Cohen personally involved in secret plot to pressure Fatou Bensouda to drop Palestine investigation, sources say

or this showing how rogue state the poops are making the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/may/28/rwanda-uk-diplomat-interpol-target-regime-opponents

and

Sunaks pension plan 'benefit:

Retirees relying on the full new state pension as their sole income could end up saving just £14.60 per year – or 28p a week – in tax payments by 2028 through the Conservative Party’s triple lock plus policy, according to calculations for i.

INEWS.CO.UK

Rishi Sunak outlined plans to increase the tax-free allowance for pensioners in line with the existing 'triple lock' to ensure it rises each year

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

and speaking of cover-ups .. from the environment agency with collusion/negligence  from the ICO

Environment Agency chief admits regulator buries freedom of information requests

Speaking at the UK River Summit, Philip Duffy said officials do not want to reveal the true ‘embarrassing’ environmental picture

ICO - waffle

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Speaking at the UK River Summit, Philip Duffy said officials do not want to reveal the true ‘embarrassing’ environmental picture

Environment Agency ‘hiding’ report into Lancashire landfill making locals ill

Exclusive

The agency has refused to share details of how a landfill operator is breaching its permit because it could 'potentially cause unnecessary concern' 

INEWS.CO.UK

The agency has refused to share details of how a landfill operator is breaching its permit because it could 'potentially cause unnecessary...

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

As Dan Neidle pointed out on Twitter/X, pensioners used to have a higher personal allowance before they paid tax, but this government removed it a few years ago.

an that - it seems to be the poop approach

We have reduced inflation massively err from the massive amount we caused it to rise too

We will give pensioners a tiny smidgen back - of the much much larger amount we've already ripped them off

We will reduce some taxes a tiny amount.. from the record amount we have raised it too and reduce services twice as much  to pay for our VIPals extravagances

the list goes on

Even their smears are feeble

Wet Sunak dribbles over his own feet and needs his pals pretending to be 'real people to ask questions,  while Starmer regularly plays 5 a side

Raynor pays her bills, while Tories sell taxpayer funded second houses for millions ... at a profit - no doubt routed through tax avoidance schemes

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Worse than that I think HB

They are mainly claiming increases are reductions

Literally like someone taking a fiver off you AND putting a fiver on your credit card, and then giving you a quid while  just claiming 'I gave you a quid for nothing

.. and thats understating what they have taken, and overstated what little they say they will give in relative terms

.. let alone what they have/would actually take/give

The Tory Legacy

So Rayner who is don’t forget still being investigated by the local council and HMRC 
is now begging to save her seat
Not a WOMAN in sight in this video other than Rayner 
Farage is utterly correct this country’s values are non existent in her seat

ORDER-ORDER.COM

Guido has obtained a leaked tape from inside a meeting between Angela Rayner and Muslim voters in Ashton-under-Lyne...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Not that TOR will see this now he's thrown in the hand grenade. Rayner has plenty of female supporters on X, for a start.

As for the council and HMRC, fair enough and I thought Rayner was already in touch with them. That's where it should be dealt with, not the police force.

@tobyjugg2 Daniel Finkelstein thinks the same as you about tax. The Fiver theory.

ARCHIVE.PH

archived 28 May 2024 17:36:51 UTC

Posted (edited)

LOL - old one the fiver theory - although with the poops its take a fiver now, promise 10p  sometime in the future while claiming the reverse theory

So when is jenrick, an apparent slam dunk as referenced higher in the thread, being referred to the police?

These poops need to know that anything they throw will be returned .. with interest

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Parliamentary report says there is little to show for the hundreds of millions spent on Rwanda so far.

• Sad 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Don't think we can assume Labour will win the election with a majority. There are 5 weeks to go before polling day and anything can happen.  Labour are on average 21 points ahead in opinion polls, but these range from 12 point lead to a 27 point lead.  If the 12 point lead is most accurate and Labour lose support before polling day, we could be heading for a hung parliament.

The opinion polls have proven to be inaccurate before. 

The most important message must be for everyone to go out to vote. Last election only about 67% voted and for a third of eligible voters to not bother, suggests that they don't think their vote counts or they think it does not make any difference who gets into Government.  Website below notes election turnout percentages.

WWW.STATISTA.COM

In the UK's general election of 2019, voter turnout was 67.3 percent, a 1.5 percent drop compared with the previous general election in 2017.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread