Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

Andersons obnoxious dog whistle ranting deleted

Lets hope everyone treats his obnoxious dog whistles with the utter contempt they deserve.

I'm sure he wouldn't agree with anyone else 'ignoring the law' - especially if someone took him at his word and beat him to death with a baseball bat as 'I truly believe the world would be a better place without him and he said we should 'ignore the law if we thought it suited'

Aren't calls by public figures to perform criminal acts now actionable under the new(ish) counter-terrorism laws the right wing have pushed through?

Go for it Rowley ...

.. or is it the ruling elite who have made us poorer who are the only ones immune ...?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

“You can’t pick and choose which laws you want to obey”

Nor which motions you vote against apparently 🤣

WWW.GBNEWS.COM

More than a dozen Labour frontbenchers have broken with Starmer's position and publicly backed a ceasefire in Israel and...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I think Starmer's got this one wrong, fwiw.

Meanwhile, Sunak is planning emergency legislation that says UK courts can't stop HMG sending people to Rwanda. And they're going to ignore international obligations.

And there will be a law decreeing that Rwanda is safe is the eyes of parliament.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this in my life.

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

19 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

“You can’t pick and choose which laws you want to obey”

Nor which motions you vote against apparently 🤣

You mean like 3 line whips and threats to force votes to protect Torys against rules,

and of course 3 line whips to leave UK children hungry?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Heres a suggestion a la Anderson (on a decent day)

Hes promoting breaking UK and international law, and both Patel and Bravermans families came here as economic migrants

Surely they should be leading by example, and climbing on that plane to Rwanda

(and being entitled to citizenship, let alone living and working here their whole lives didn't do squat for the windrush UK citizens deported - so why should it for those three horrors?)

The Tory Legacy

Short summary of the Rwanda situation from Sam Coates on Sky.

NEWS.SKY.COM

The Commons is voting on the Israel-Hamas war and Labour MPs are expected to defy Sir Keir Starmer's stance on a ceasefire, with...

How to answer a difficult question in a political way

Q: Whats your take on Andersons promoting ignoring the law when it suits

Rowley Answer:  Politicians hold me to account, i don't hold them to account (so they are above the law)

How Not to answer a difficult question

Q: Did you call the Rwanda deportation policy bats**t

Cleverly not answer: well waffle waffle avoid waffle

Q: Try again

Cleverly: Don't remember

The Tory Legacy

23 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I think Starmer's got this one wrong, fwiw.

Meanwhile, Sunak is planning emergency legislation that says UK courts can't stop HMG sending people to Rwanda. And they're going to ignore international obligations.

And there will be a law decreeing that Rwanda is safe is the eyes of parliament.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this in my life.

and you never will 
Sunak will introduce his new law next week oh no he meant next month oh no sorry after the next GE🤣
do you seriously think the bunch of wets now running the country would even contemplate leaving the ECHR let alone ignoring it
bit like the two tier police response to last nights disgraceful racist protests 
when fireworks were thrown at them (and statues defaced)they did not interfere probably sent a constable to buy matches just in case the protesters ran out 🤣

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

On 15/11/2023 at 14:29, tobyjugg2 said:

Sunak and shills:

.. Just as I can report halved inflation, even though it wasnt anything I did and we had to first cause the rate of inflation to increase by many times, beyond anything seen in since we took power .. but we can now truly say that inflation has at least briefly halved from those immense levels of inflation we caused for you,

and which will also then justify my claim that next months inflationary increases weren't as high as they previously were .. err we hope.

That didnt last long. How inflationary:

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Households can expect ‘tough winter ahead’ after jump in gas market prices, analyst predicts

The Tory Legacy

So I'm struggling with the new law/s that Sunak wants to bring in.

Parliament says [if it's voted through] that Rwanda is safe, even though the Supreme Court said the opposite. And Sunak signs a Treaty which doesn't need parliament, I believe, to say that Rwanda will follow its international duties by having a proper vetting and asylum system.

Even though it doesn't have a proper system at the moment. And it hasn't upheld its international obligations or treaties in the past.

I find it quite touching that a government that regularly talks about breaching legal obligations truly believes that Rwanda won't do the same.

Easy HB

They will just pass a law that says the Rwanda deportation flagship policy has worked and all foreigners and undesirables have been sent there 3 weeks ago at no cost to the taxpayer,

.. and its an act of terrorism to question that let alone claim its false ... errr punishable by deportation under the flagship Rwanda deportation policy ... Dooohhh

No impact on international laws and treaties - as they all already think that the UK is run by incompetent lying buffoons

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Lee Anderson (yet again) Corrected:

“People are fed up in this country.

They’re fed up of being taken for a ride and paying their taxes to people who ... are criminals.

Partygate Promotions

GEORGIATODAY.GE

Ben Mallet, a veteran political campaigner for former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who was handed an OBE (Order of the British Empire) for...

The Tory Legacy

Extremely pertinent comment from the Daily Mail. Exactly as Enoch warned years ago

The protesters couldn't fail to know how important such memorials are to this country – and exactly what they stand for.

This act was almost certainly deliberately provocative. Indeed, it has been depressingly apparent recently that parts of the population detest Britain's values.”

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

DAILY MAIL COMMENT: Erected to comfort grieving families, Britain's war memorials signal the nation's determination to...

Veterans homeless on the streets while an inhuman, law breaking promoting and immoral (ex) home secretary called it a lifestyle choice and trying to criminalise their plight is the real obnoxious and abhorrent affront to their service now isn't it?

Let alone that they try to pressure charities not to support them with something as simple as a tent to protect them from weather, all the while planning:

"The Institute for Fiscal Studies has said abolishing inheritance tax would cost an estimated £7bn a year, half of the benefit of which would be enjoyed by people inheriting estates worth £2.1m or more.

The potential loss to the Treasury rises to almost £15bn a year by 2032."

Thats immoral and offensive.

The Tory Legacy

breaking

WWW.REUTERS.COM

The prosecutor of the International Criminal Court on Friday said he had received a joint request from five countries to investigate the situation in...

as we already know, Israel is not a member of the court and does not recognise its jurisdiction.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

This is interesting by Adam Wagner, human rights lawyer. Back in 2018 he predicted the same kind of debate as we're seeing now about the ECHR, etc.

WWW.PROSPECTMAGAZINE.CO.UK

To leave the European Convention on Human Rights would be an act of epic historical selfishness

12 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

"The Institute for Fiscal Studies has said abolishing inheritance tax would cost an estimated £7bn a year, half of the benefit of which would be enjoyed by people inheriting estates worth £2.1m or more.

The potential loss to the Treasury rises to almost £15bn a year by 2032."

Thats immoral and offensive.

and where is that £7BN for the rich coming from? Well, £4bn of it from:

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

New plans, to be unveiled in the government’s autumn statement, will penalise those living with long-term conditions who fail to get a job. The...

"Smith – a 64-year-old with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoarthritis and an enlarged prostate that left him in chronic pain – made headlines in 2019 after a workplace capability assessment judged him fit to work. "

"Horrifying pictures emerged of Smith emaciated in hospital with a bout of pneumonia. His weight had dropped to six stone and he was barely able to walk, let alone attend an appointment with his job coach to discuss what work he should do. He died before the year was out."

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

Tory priorities.

They're trying sell it as helping some people into work - was it around 100,000 out of a huge number. I don't doubt that a number of people are swinging it, but an awful lot aren't.

Particularly worrying is that they want job centre therapists and the like to decide if you're fit to work, rather than doctors or psychiatrists. They say it will take pressure off the NHS?

Israel strikes 450 sites, takes Hamas compound, IDF says

Israeli forces took control of a Hamas compound in the Gaza Strip, as the military continued its bombardment of the enclave overnight, the Israel Defense Forces said Monday.

The Hamas compound included a web of "underground terror tunnels," as well as training areas and observation posts, the military said in a post on Telegram. Israel did not disclose the location of the compound. ABC News was not immediately able to verify IDF's claims.

"During the operation, several Hamas terrorists were killed," Israel said.

- ABCNEWS

This follows the IDF clearing the remaining isolated and surrounded hospital (claimed as another Hamas main control center) room by room and finding four bags similar to those used when going to a gym, containing a couple of ak47s a few grenades and some clips of ammo.

The IDF assured the world these bags they found behind a scanner were NOT planted by them as any independent news services would have confirmed .. if the IDF had allowed any to enter.

There are reports of claims these 'major onslaughts' on several terrorists and 4 bags surely excused the 'collateral' deaths of 5,000+ children and the blockading of hospitals

The Tory Legacy

As a counter to the Hamas apologist above

Daniel Sugarman, Director of Public Affairs for the Board of Deputies of British Jews, has condemned the BBC's reporting. 

Writing on social media, he said: "Ah, I see the BBC has reached the 'maybe the pile of Kalashnikovs in the Gazan hospital actually belonged to the hospital security team' stage of their Israel reporting."

Member of the House of Lords, Kate Hoey said: "It does seem [as] if even the great Jeremy Bowen has firmly established himself as a supporter of those who oppose Israel taking out Hamas."