• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

After Sunak do we trust next PM to fix the Country's problems? Tory party future?( title revised 14/7/24)

Posted (edited)

Starmer unimpressive as sadly usual though eh?

Labor need to follow the Torys example with Boris the liar - and keep him out the limelight - although with starmer its just dullness, rather than Boris talking BoriS

although as John Oliver highlighted:

"understood why people weren’t focused on Starmer:

“If a wild badger broke into your home and ****ed everything up for 14 years straight, tearing absolutely everything apart, you would think: ‘OK, you know what, we’ll worry about redecorating choices later. Right now, that badger needs to ****ing go.’”

"“It’s objectively fun to look back on what a collection of weirdos ran for Britain for years,” said Oliver. “But it gets considerably less fun when you look at what they did to the country,”"

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

However bad you think things are ..

Could be worse - could be Farage

Sergei Lavrov:  “an ally” 

"echoing Putin's vile justification for the brutal invasion of Ukraine."

Posted (edited)

'Its good news week ..

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Tommy Robinson says what is happening is “absolutely insane” as he is led away in handcuffs

Mind you, hope I never get bankrupt - I think I might struggle with the jet set lifestyle after a year or 3 ..

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

We have heard about this waste of taxpayer money in a national crisis ... when hige amounts of it were reported 'dumped near a nature reserve

.. but the saga continues

Lets hope labor gets a billion back from the duff stuff supplier, and prosecutes the government figures behind the atrocious mismanagement and cronyism

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

UK government deal struck at height of pandemic described as ‘colossal misuse of public funds’

• I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

I'm correcting myself there

In THIS case, it would appear that the supplier did everything RIGHT and the PPE was not only to specification - it was quality ppe

The waste is ALL down to Tory/tory spad mismanagement

(I have no idea if the prices were reasonable)

Apologies, I was rather late in my (even basic) sanity checks.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

🤣🤣🤣
First a bit of breaking news 
Seems Labour are no better than the Tories
Labour candidate suspended for gamblegate involvement 🤣🤣🤣

GB News presenter Nigel Farage won best news presenter at the TRIC awards on Tuesday

🤣🤣🤣

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Posted (edited)

Garbage as usual @edlrouge  - labor have immediately suspended him AND returned his political donation on notification - not waited weeks hoping it would just fade away, let alone try to greywash it or keep the money

- unlike faragit reformatory or sunak poopulists   .. OR YOU

Ready to denounce the right wing bigoted racist anti-semites yet?

AND:

"Sky News' chief political correspondent Jon Craig understands the bet was relating to the outcome of the vote in his constituency - and the candidate had actually been betting he would lose the contest."

So very different - and more importantly labor HAVE suspended him - NOT a leave of absence or just jogg on

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

So @theoldrouge

* Are reform suspending farage for his putin apologist propaganda pieces? - Which he has doubled down on

* Are you going to condemn antisemitic bigoted racism from your right wing  bigots?

In effect, are you two going to look up from your gutter and follow labors lead?

"Farage (a “pub bore” who has no grasp of the complexity of “finding international solutions to problems”)

- did not say that both Sweden and Finland, Nato’s latest two members, decided to join only after Putin ordered the full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

Finnish ex-Prime Minister Alexander Stubb said joining the alliance was a “done deal” for his country only as soon as Russian troops invaded Ukraine. Their membership more than doubled the Russian border with Nato.

For Sweden, their decision to join ended more than two centuries of neutrality, such was the threat posed to them by Russia."

Simple fact - Russias invasion of Ukraine forced Finland to join NATO - doubling Russias border with NATO countries.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Farages 'promises to clacton

* The people of clacton "need to be incentivised, in many cases, to get off benefits and get back to work"

* schools will have “to struggle on with more limited facilities" “Some say you can’t put students in Porta Cabins, but actually with teaching you can put students anywhere.”

* NHS - looking at an insurance-based model similar to other countries, such as France      (err)

* I never supported the £350million, I never thought it was right.”

BUTT

Farage:  “Can we just get to the truth of this - £350 million a week is wrong, it’s higher than that,”

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

The Ukip leader distanced himself from the pledge just hours after EU referendum results became known

WWW.CLACTONANDFRINTONGAZETTE.CO.UK

I met with Nigel Farage, Reform’s leader and General Election candidate for Clacton, in the Rose and Crown Pub in Thorpe-le-Soken.

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

BBC effectively lets farage get away with lies

"The discussion on the Savanta poll was Robinson’s first question of the night, and

focused on whether Farage would be happy to see the scale of Labour majority and Tory wipeout which it suggested.

However, Farage (falsely) claimed the Savanta survey was out of date, saying the fieldwork had been done “before, before I was in the race”.

But the Reform leader had declared he would stand in Clacton on June 3, four days before the fieldwork for the Savanta survey had even begun."

Neither was it pointed out that Aaron banks paid for and 'specified' a survation poll showing putin apologist farage in a leading position in the poll which included around 2/3rds older people - yet still actually listed more 'undecideds'

Strange that you have to search for this 'correction' after the 'failings of a mainstream BBC presentation watched by millions

I can't see it on the BBC news page - even using search

https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=farage+savanta&seqId=160d0470-338a-11ef-9646-4134b5f5fcae&d=NEWS_PS

WWW.THENATIONAL.SCOT

THE BBC has issued a correction after a false claim made by Nigel Farage during his leader’s interview ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

All the usual leftie twaddle from Jugg

What candidate would bet against himself winning a seat
Pathetic🤣😂🤣

As for your concocted nonsense about what Farage said read this and learn something 

https://dailysceptic.org/2024/06/26/nick-dixon-and-toby-young-talk-about-nigel-farage-being-piled-on-for-claiming-putin-was-provoked-the-tories-doom-spiral-and-keir-starmers-hidden-agenda/

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

So you haven't come to condemn right wing anti-semites associated with your right wing heros

and haven't come to condemn farage promoting kremlim apologist propaganda ..

.. actually Just to be another putin/kremlin/anti-semite apologist?

The Tory Legacy

ROFL

GBnotNews sponser a telephone poll by a supporting 'pollster (seemingly aided and abetted by the telegraph)

from people who gave their phone numbers (so supporters) to win free money

- and STILL only got 24% voting intentions for farage 

Not going to link that kangaroo poo - just HOWLS with laughter

meanwhile, in the real world

Three separate polls showed support for Nigel Farage's outfit dipping, after a huge backlash at his claim that the West 'provoked' Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

A JL Partners survey conducted between June 21 and 24 found that Reform was down three points to 15 per cent, with the Tories up two to 25 per cent. 

Savanta research carried out on the same dates had the Conservatives up two on 21 per cent while Reform fell by the same proportion to 14 per cent.

Deltapoll found Farage's party was down one on 15 per cent, with the Tories stable on 19 per cent.

Although all still find Labour on course for a huge win on July 4

reported by ...

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Three separate polls showed support Nigel Farage 's outfit dipping, after a huge backlash at his claim that the West 'provoked' Russia's invasion of...

The Tory Legacy

I think Farage underestimated how deep support for Ukraine and hatred for Russia goes in the UK.

Saying that, I don't know a single person who's actually excited to vote Labour either.

They're still a much better option than the current lot of Tories though.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Posted (edited)

Labor seem to have a good team - once you look past nondescript starmer @lolerz

But I agree - starmer doesn't inspire me to vote labour - BUT the whole tory hierarchy do, with some small help from farage, tice and 3p

I mean, starmer slapped with 'the immigrants are queuing waiting for you to get in, and you'll do nowt

and he DOESN'T immediately laugh in their faces and just say - thats rishi rich coming from a party who have been in power for 14 years, with a chunk of that with a very clear majority - and yet you've resided over record high immigration and record high small boats

- Raynor  or reeves would have kicked sunaks nuts off with that free ball.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

7 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

So you haven't come to condemn right wing anti-semites associated with your right wing heros

and haven't come to condemn farage promoting kremlim apologist propaganda ..

.. actually Just to be another putin/kremlin/anti-semite apologist?

Why would I when all you are doing is parroting the MSM confected outrage over nothing 
What Farage said was totally correct 
When politicians fail they lead you to war
Cameron saying use UK weapons in Russia
Biden Saying use US missiles in Russia
Macron put soldiers into Ukraine
all three failed politicians 
Poke Russia hard enough and you will get an unwelcome response sooner or later 
And by the way Clacton polling has Farage at 47%
The Tories at 23%
The remaining candidates just also rans🤣😂🤣

Posted (edited)

While we wait for tor to do nowt other than more schilling for farage, putin and right wing bigots - and parroting putins lies ..

Lets not forget as an MEP farage apparently voted in Russias interests more than anything - as already linked in the threads here in the past I believe.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Party says claims of interference are 'baseless propaganda and scare stories used to shut down debate'

RT denied it supporting Farages stance against the EU legislating against foreign interference  ......

https://www.rt.com/uk/470701-farage-russia-propaganda-eu-vote/

Flashback: To when Farage and the Brexit Party voted against plans to tackle Russian propaganda in European parliament

WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

"Hiding in plain sight for years", LBC presenter James O'Brien tweeted as the 2019 vote does the rounds on social media.

Fact Check: Nigel Farage on Ukraine and Putin Quiet Riot

Alex Andreou fact-checks Nigel Farage's claim that he is some sort of oracle that - alone, among politicians - saw the war in Ukraine coming, that he made his complimentary comments on Putin before the annexation of Crimea. All he found was a history of shilling for Russia.

You'll need DRM enables to listen

PODCASTS.APPLE.COM

‎Show Quiet Riot, Ep Fact Check: Nigel Farage on Ukraine and Putin - 22 Jun 2024

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

"Nigel Farage has quite a long and very public history of changing his mind at the last minute. From my personal experience, and unkept assurances and promises, it is clear to me that Nigel has no genuine interest in Clacton or Britain, he is more interested in his own ambitions.

As recently as a few weeks ago, Nigel is on record as being willing to abandon Britain for the global stage with Donald Trump.

What changed ? Was it the events in America on May 31st ?
Who knows, but that is when the plans for Reform UK in Clacton changed. "

"If you vote for Nigel Farage in Clacton and he is elected, I fear Reform UK will be absorbed into the Conservative party, leading to the same dysfunctional politics we have had for the last decade or so. "

Who is this? Some anti farage, anti right wing bigot, anti russian schill, anti putin apologist?

... possibly - but he is the LOCAL Clacton (ex) reform candidate who has worked hard in his LOCAL constituency

WWW.TONYMACKFORCLACTON.COM

Bang on about farage just using any possible MP position to swan off supporting Trump eh - then returning hoping to wangle a position with the torys as the next GE looms eh?

Hes certainly not interested in doing ANYTHING for Clacton

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

23 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

What is your source for the polling please, TOR?

Electoral Calculus 
though their latest poll shows 

Farage 51%
Tories21%

Labour somewhere over the rainbow 🤣

Posted (edited)

Aaron banks must have used some more money to pay for another ring around all those free money GoBNews clacton subscriber numbers again - but left out the ones that said; in a clacton beachfront accent; anyone but that putin apologist gobs**te whos threatening our benefits ... last time they called

- and putin apologist farage can still only manage 51% eh?    :lol:

maybe they should rinse rinse it again ...

+ You better hope felon Trump doesn't dogwhistle in the next week, else his puffed up poodle will dump you like a hot chestnut and be off across the Atlantic like starving terrier after a juicy bone eh?

:rofl:

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Warning: Contains John Oliver and a whole lot of truth expressed in colourful terms

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

We just had a poll to balance Vlad Putin and antisemite apologist @theedlrouge's - but with far more justification and detail, and almost certainly a wider more considered range of political views.

80% said they would vote for anyone who could get the Tory **** out, and keep the right wing loons out. The other (whos known for left leaning) said they would rather not say

When pressed with Question 'who would you vote for if labor, libdems, greens and true independents were not on the ballot

3 said count binface, the rest (with a seemingly more considered approach) said 'put the ballot paper in the small room ready for use at the end of civilisation

After weighting, that gave a 99% result for NOT(Tory or Reform)

:thumb:

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy