• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • I agree
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

After Sunak do we trust next PM to fix the Country's problems? Tory party future?( title revised 14/7/24)

Posted (edited)

Farage rails and whines about not being allowed on the BBC ...

... but pulls out at the last minute of a BBC Panorama interview special.

It was denied it was anything to do with his candidates being outed as misogynists and Putin apologists, or that farage was afraid Nick Robinson might throw some difficult questions at him

... despite farages recent practice at quickly cowering in fear.

It was claimed 'it wasn't in Nigels diary'

:rofl:

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘Panorama’ special postponed as Reform UK party faces row over candidate who claimed UK would have been ‘better off’ if it had...

Waaahhhh

SEI208267732.jpg?quality=75&width=1368&a

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

However bad you think things are ..

Could be worse - could be Farage

Sergei Lavrov:  “an ally” 

"echoing Putin's vile justification for the brutal invasion of Ukraine."

Sorry I'm late, d-day stuff dragged on a bit and i couldn't get away sooner ..

INEWS.CO.UK

It has now emerged the PM expected to get back to the UK earlier

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Posted (edited)

As the tories declare they will do all sorts of err things they had already promised, and often actually themselves blocked,  including 40 hospitals policy, ground rent caps, abolishing no-fault evictions and restoring historic train lines

.. all feature in the 2019 and 2024 documents.

.. in perhaps better news

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Suspect understood to have been arrested on suspicion of offences including conspiracy to commit fraud

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

The National Crime Agency said a 46-year-old man was arrested in Barnet, North London, in an ongoing investigation into how PPE...

Correcting the mirror - thats current tory peer isnt it?

WWW.HERALDSCOTLAND.COM

A 46-year-old man has been arrested as part of the National Crime Agency (NCA) investigation into PPE Medpro.

(Note; Barrowman is 59)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So when Starmer becomes PM
and Trump becomes President 
Starmer will become completely isolated 
Mme Marine in France and Trump in America 
he will be nothing more than the leader of a Parish Council 
And of course he will be a complete disaster even in that role🤣

DAILYSCEPTIC.ORG

The Belgian Prime Minister resigns, Emanuel Macron dissolves the National Assembly in France and Germany inches...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Posted (edited)

Could be worse - could be frightened farage 

WAAAHH   Mr Putin says he'll flick my bottom with a wet towel like Mr Trump suggested .. wheres my German passport - I'm legging it like sunak

😭 🏃‍♂️

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Politicians not being totally honest applies to 99% of them these days.

Whoever wins the election will have to find money to pay for all of works needed to repair the damage done during the last 16 years. I say 16 years, as that is when the Banking crash made a huge dent in the UK economy. The Tories have managed a gradually declining country.

At least Labour understand they need to fix Britain. The Tories are more willing to accept a broken NHS etc.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Posted (edited)

but there's 'perhaps not entirely forthcoming

.. and then theres lying through their teeth - like sunak and farage

Vote us in this time and we'll do what we promised to do years ago and not only didn't, but blocked others from doing it .. and did largely the opposite.

I certainly wouldn't bundle a serial killer with someone not paying for a loaf of bread to feed their children eh?

I have long voted for those I believe to be least worse - it has been difficult at times - but placing the poops (tory or deform) at the far  backend of my choices currently is not even an effort.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Starmers election winner 

My dad was a toolmaker 🤣😂🤣

Sunaks election winner 

I was a deprived child I didn’t have Sky TV🤣😂🤣

and Davey just makes a complete idiot of himself 

Only Reform worth voting for ,follow the French at last they are seeing sense

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Posted (edited)

farages election winner

“Do I want to spend every Friday for the next five years in Clacton?”

.. only passing through from the top of a double decker

SEI208267732.jpg?quality=75&width=1368&a

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

just noticed that one of farages favorite poops was suggesting another stealth tax of 10 quid a month - possibly per person inc children ..

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘Working people can’t afford another Tory tax rise,’ says Labour’s Wes Streeting

“They are framing this as some kind of pre-payment or quid pro quo, but of course, we already pay for the NHS through income tax, and in general that is a much more equitable way of doing it.”

The DHSC declined to comment

The Tory Legacy

I think this belongs here as its far more about mis-running the country

Dozens of triathletes suffered severe vomiting and diarrohea after swimming in the River Thames as part of a race last weeken

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

One triathlete was left throwing up blood in A&E after the Royal Windsor Triathlon in Berkshire on Sunday

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

Reheated Tory policies

• Reduce ground rent to a peppercorn. Initially pledged in 2019, the policy has been repeated in the 2024 manifesto following delays until an election could be called.
  • Ban no-fault evictions. First backed by former PM Theresa May, and readopted despite backlash from landlords, MP landlords, and landlord pals of MPs who got it blocked before and expect to suceed again if the torys are re-elected
  • Block on council boycotts. First appeared in the 2019 manifesto, the legislation was dragged out until an election could be called.
  • Restoring 1960s Beeching train lines. Announced by Boris Johnson in 2019, it has been supported by Rishi Sunak after he cancelled HS2, and with similar prospects to HS2
  • Gigabit broadband nationwide. The rollout suffered delays through Covid as green boxes needed to be ring fenced, and has been reaffirmed with a target completion in 2030 - if labour get in
  • Money towards fixing potholes. Plans to fix potholes have reappeared in the manifesto, with much of the same alleged funding not used from 2019. 
  • Regulating football. Fan-backed plans for a football regulator were interrupted in Parliament by the election announcement, and will be brought back in to languish longer if Rishi Sunak wins.
  • Crackdown on Travellers. Very similar policies to make it easier to remove Travellers were also endorsed in both 2019 and 2024.

• Workhouse Universal credit. Initially pledged by Sir Iain Duncan Smith under David Cameron, the continued rollout and reductions in Universal Credit appears in the 2024 manifesto.

• “40 hospitals” spin. Reaffirmed by Rishi Sunak following their 2019 infamy, despite the fact that only three completely new hospitals will be built and experts have cast doubt on the 2030 target. - and sowd all about repairing the ones which are still just about standing
Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

Checking hi-tech with low tech - Wales leading the way

Growing Mid Wales, an organisation set up to bring together the private and public sectors alongside the Welsh Government, has launched a mobile mapping project to track areas of poor mobile phone signal Powys and Ceredigion.

They will be using bin lorries which have signal detection equipment installed, and thus able to create a comprehensive map of mobile 'not-spots' in the area, since those vehicles will be visiting just about every property in the area on their usual rounds.

WWW.THINKBROADBAND.COM

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

3 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:
  • Reduce ground rent to a peppercorn. Initially pledged in 2019, the policy has been repeated in the 2024 manifesto following delays until an election could be called.

Good luck with that.

Most leases don't even follow the majority of the 2002 regulations (too old) let alone the new one.

The £250 cap needs to be placed in the lease through a deed of variation and good luck getting freeholders to agree to that.

It's not just some magical thing that just caps it one day.

Some freeholders are only reducing them through lease extensions at massive costs (essentially buying out the difference in ground rent) and if you're doing that you might as well extend on a peppercorn anyway.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Posted (edited)

Only that ?? ..

the only one the poops would actually work on is the one they have worked on: extending (while reducing the amount of) universal credit ..

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

10 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Farage. 'I've always told the truth'. Listen to the audience...

And did they laugh at Mourdant answering Nigel’s question 

Posted (edited)

and as neither tell the truth - why should we care - other than laugh at them?

farage has even said 'the marriage is off' to salmonella hasn't he - good for a laugh if nowt else eh?

Has farage rented a beach hut to sublet in clacton yet?

After all they deserve someone local don't they? to paraphrase another deform shyster ..

Wheres that vid of the poops trashing each other and describing the failures - and worse results - from their policies ...

... that farage could only dream of ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

ah - here it is

... and it only got worse as with sunak and herself - truss promised

Just think how bad it WOULD be with farage actually in the mix instead of just ...  err outside the tent

The Tory Legacy

Tories have ended up in nightmare situation and part of it is due to Brexit. Brexit supporters may now be looking at voting Reform, as migration issues not dealt with by Tories, leaving people unhappy.

And it is not just about numbers of migrants, but the feeling that the country has deteriorated.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Interesting polling on what voters who previously voted Tory are thinking.

WWW.ELECTORALCALCULUS.CO.UK

Posted (edited)

amusing that 'bad economic judgement on behalf of prior party ISN'T a major reason to wingers to move to deform

yet immigration is, where record levels of such has been driven by the right wings terrible brexit and the later incompetent dog whistle 'proposals largely driven to whistle to the right wingnuts

Just seems to confirm the are clueless numpties 'wetting their own shoes

Has farage bought a property in Clacton yet?

yet concern for the NHS is listed as a major issue even by those saying they are moving to deform

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

Labour is on course for a 262-seat majority data suggests.

Analysis and modelling based on more than 40,000 surveys indicate Labour is ahead in 456 seats, with the Tories taking just 72.

All despite relatively low support/turnout expected which favors smaller and fringe parties

Voting intention from Savanta for the Sunday Telegraph shows Labour take a 25-point lead on the Conservative Party- with Sir Keir Starmer’s party on 46 per cent of the vote, and the Conservatives on 21 per cent.

oh - digging deeper as the poopygraph clearly didnt want them to be easily seen

Reform is apparently 69% of the 16% 'other' which 16% 'other' also seems to include more votes for the greens for some reason - which is sub 12% for frightened farages deform boys

ah addendum addendum  - found it in the many sheets deform/reform/malform - 11%

Which is lower than I was giving them credit for in a projected really low turnout

SAVANTA.COM

Poll of UK adults on their voting intention and other topical issues.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy