• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

After Sunak do we trust next PM to fix the Country's problems? Tory party future?( title revised 14/7/24)

I'm surprised more isn't being said about this article.

Not only did the Spectator tell Sunak off for sending out an imaginary £2k Labour tax increase figure with insufficient explanation, they've done their own figures.

Using Tory assumptions - and discovered that using that, the Tories would increase taxes by £3k.

WWW.SPECTATOR.CO.UK

There are serious issues at stake in this general election, and the Tories have just released nonsense figures with fake attribution.

Illegitimi non carborundum

As PM Sunak really showed his true colours at the D Day Commemorations by doing what?

Oh I am the British PM lets just leave early I have better things to do and as he is called out on disrespecting all those veterans that served our country for the freedoms we have today he gives a groveling apology to little to late.

He knew about this event for a long time and also knew that this is probably the last D Day Commemoration due to the age of those Veterans who gave so much for there countries freedom.

Even on the day of the D Day Commemoration he still could have changed his plans As PM and stayed but choose not to showing such DISRESPECT to those Veterans, those that lost there lives and Families for the Freedoms we have today

Being a Veteran myself I have never known a PM to show such disrespect what the hell was he thinking

SHAME ON YOU PM SUNAK

• I agree 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Posted (edited)
COMMODITY.COM

Want to know why the UK's national debt-to-GDP ratio is increasing so rapidly? See our overview of the UK national debt and GDP figures.

The tories borrowing last year alone was " £1,780 per head of the UK’s population"

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

However bad you think things are ..

Could be worse - could be Farage

Sergei Lavrov:  “an ally” 

"echoing Putin's vile justification for the brutal invasion of Ukraine."

Sunak must be using GBNOTnews financial planners ..

GB News losses up 38% to £42.4m giving channel total deficit of £76m since launch

Losses in the latest accounting period were six times greater than revenue.

Mind you, as it seems to clearly be a disinformation service and route of money to poopy MPs and hangers on ... I'm sure they dont mind

(mm is that the 'Tory guv or GBNews I'm talking about?.)

WWW.FT.COM

Vehicle backed by hedge fund tycoon Paul Marshall steps in as right-leaning broadcaster increases number of staff

PRESSGAZETTE.CO.UK

GB News' operating losses grew 38% to £42.4m in the year to May 2023, the business has reported in its latest Companies House...

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Posted (edited)

On the d-day issue,

* we know sunaks shameful self-interest preferring a hope at using lies for self-promotion over honoring our heroes,

* we know Starmer demonstrated his statesmanship with other statesmen and women, 

** BUT where was Farage? Was he in a pub looking for self-promotion? ..

Surely as a wannabe statesman - he should have spent a bit of his (someone elses?) cash attending the ceremonies? or wasn't he offered a seat near enough the front to interest him?

mind you ..

"I said I wanted my county back. Well now I want my life back ... I am not a career politician... I won't be changing my mind again, I promise you"

- Nigel Farage, stepping down from public life. 5 July 2016

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

While we wait for someone to explain how farage is any better than sunak  .. if not worse

One of many likely upcoming belly laughs

Reform chairman Richard Tice has accused the Tories of (reform like) “dirty tricks” after one of his party’s candidates withdrew his papers to stand at the last minute and endorsed former cabinet minister Sir Gavin Williamson.

In a dramatic final 24 hours before nominations closed there had been fevered speculation that as many as six Tory MPs and other candidates could defect to Reform after Nigel Farage decided to stand in Clacton and become leader.

But instead no Tories switched and Tom Wellings, the Reform candidate for the new seat of Stone, Great Wryly and Penkridge in Staffordshire, quit and put out a statement endorsing Sir Gavin.

Who does he think he is an Anderson, a Carswell !!! was heard at the reform HQ pub

... as Candidate brushed aside by Farage in clacton to run as an independent  :lol:

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Exclusive: A furious row has broken out after a Reform candidate’s last minute defection to the Tories

:ROFL

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Yep let us have a good laugh eh
from today’s Telegraph 🤣😂🤣
the rest must try harder 

Farage won Friday’s election debate, a poll finds

Nigel Farage won Friday night’s seven-way BBC election debate, according to a poll. 

A snap poll of 1,031 voters by More in Common found most thought Mr Farage won the debate, followed by Angela Rayner. Mr Farage received 25 per cent of the vote while Ms Rayner received 19 per cent.

The Green Party’s Carla Denyer was the third most popular with 11 per cent, Stephen Flynn for SNP received 10 per cent and Penny Mordaunt, the leader of the House of Commons, took 7 per cent of the vote. Daisy Cooper, the deputy leader of the Liberal Democrats and Plaid Cymru’s Rhun ap Iorwerth took 5 per cent and 2  per cent respectively.

The debate saw Britain’s main seven political parties clash ahead of the general election on July 4. 

Mr Farage, who returned to frontline politics for Reform this week and is standing as an MP in Clacton, challenged his political rivals on immigration and net zero policies.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Posted (edited)

So @theoldrouge where was farage during the D-day honors/remembrance ?

He was quick to trash Sunak - but at least sunak showed his face heh?

Sunak perhaps needs to slip some dosh to led by donkeys to fund some banners in Clacton heh?

Suggestions:

D-day - Sunak maybe ran, but Farage never even showed

Farage I'm the only one who can change my mind - dont you plebs think you can

Clacton, who wants to spend time in Clacton?

48/52 is unfinished business - ooops eerrrr no it is  ...  err well unless its what I lose by

Reject me 1 times shame on you, Reject me 7 times shame on me

Heres how: A statesman - and not just in waiting

GettyImages-2155524535-scaled.jpg

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

The soldiers landed in drop zones previously used by troops taking part in Operation Tonga, a vital mission to...

The irony was not lost on Mr Farage, who was in Normandy himself yesterday for a D-Day commemoration.

Nigel Farage savages France after D-Day paratroopers forced to show passports

Edited by theoldrouge

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Shorter than sunak visit eh?

WWW.THEPOKE.COM

Reform leader Farage criticised PM Rishi Sunak for leaving the D-Day anniversary events in order to film a TV interview - and writer Rick...
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The new Reform UK leader was leaving a pub where he had been meeting voters in Clacton.

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

Five fiercest moments from Penny Mordaunt and Angela Rayner’s blazing TV debate

leaving Farage a sideshow

Nigel Farage and Stephen Flynn were the sideshow as the largest parties fought it out

WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

ANGELA Rayner and Penny Mordaunt launched into several fierce clashes in their debate last night.Their tense rows included divides...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Quotes of the day

penny mordaunt came out swinging with her broadsword, and promptly decapitated sunak

while

Nigel Farage, representing Reform UK, made contentious claims about immigration policies, which were swiftly fact-checked during the debate.

Good question though raised at labour about the 2 child benefit cap, which I broadly agree with, but the tory 'trap' assumes tory thinking - rather than child centric thinking.

There should be no incentives to have kids as a financial way of life paid for by everyone else ...

... BUT the kids should not be made to suffer for the decisions of their parents

Free school meals would feed the kids, improve their ability to learn, and incentivise them to go to school.

As an added benefit ... it would invest in our nations future.

How far this should go is a matter for costing, social intent and future path of the nation, but not feeding our nations kids is an abomination. There should be at least one free school meal per day for every child who attends school. Full Stop. Its the cheapest and most effective investment in our future we could make.

The Tory Legacy

Here's Tim Shipman's behind the scenes look at how the Tory campaign is going.

Sunak is believed to have taken the weekend off again, party workers are refusing to help with the campaign and social media advertising has been suspended because they can't afford it.

ARCHIVE.PH

archived 8 Jun 2024 18:54:59 UTC

Illegitimi non carborundum

Tories realise that they are likely to be in opposition for 10 years or more. And for those who lose their seats, they will be looking for new employment. 

Sunak is like an accountant, suddenly put into a leadership role, but without the intelligence required to think in a multi dimensional way. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'm still waiting for them to kick out sunak and bring Johnson truss and farage in late as it is - as an act of desperation.

Tossuss and some others as well as those who were (alleged) brokering a farage ennoblement deal are promoting it aren't they?

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

If you’ve ever wondered how you might fare in armed combat, the first 20 minutes of Steven Spielberg’s Saving Private Ryan is likely to make you thank your lucky stars you were born too late to storm the Normandy beaches on June 6 1944.

I suspect many of us might be driven to identify with those men who were absolutely turned to stone by fear. And yet these young men, mainly conscripts, screwed their courage to the sticking point and did the job the fate had chosen for them, heroes all.

.. UK PM Sunak perhaps thinks he understands mind numbing fear better than many as he dishonorably fled the beachhead to do nothing more than double down on dishonest spin and lies from the safety of a UK studio ..

The Normandy heroes who not only held their positions, but advanced through hell to a victory that changed the entire course of history .. undoubtedly hold a different perspective.

from a perspective in TheConversation

.. 'That was the slot that sunaks team offered for the interview

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

That doesn't look like clacton ...

WWW.KENTONLINE.CO.UK

Former Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage bought a coastal home in the county, it has been reported.

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

You know hes had it when they call out those willing to say anything even claiming tories have reduced taxes on live tv

AS Salmonella says:

The Conservative Party must embrace Nigel Farage to “unite the right”, Suella Braverman has urged, following a disastrous few days for Rishi Sunak.

The former home secretary told The Times there was “not much difference” between the new Reform UK leader’s policies and those of the Tories, as senior Conservatives start debating the future of the party. hers.

AND Goves replacement gets caught booking in an airbnb to claim he lives locally

.. as of yesterday you can rent it yourself in late July - as he'll either be gone or claiming taxpayer funded expenses for a house

Alongside pictures of himself entering a house, Mr McGuinness said Surrey Heath residents “rightly expect their MP to be a part of their community”.

- So whens farage getting around to renting (and subletting) a clacton beach hut?

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Social media users quickly pointed out house Ed McGuinness had posted photos in was available to rent

As Douglas Ross says he'll stand down in scotland - if he wins a Westminster seat - such devotion.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

Four Tory candidates have signed up to the pledges of Laurence Fox’s right-wing Reclaim Party in exchange for campaign donations of £5,000 each.

They are cheap - has sunak deselected them yet? (lol)

The Tory Legacy

I see jenrick has stuck his head up with them, and I'm sure this wont faze their nasty rhetoric one wit-less

UK growth since 2010 has been lacklustre and largely driven by immigration, says report

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Resolution Foundation report suggests parties are dodging the economic challenges facing the country

Net migration is more than two and a half times the 2010 figure despite a string of Tory pledges to reduce it

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Net migration is more than two and a half times the 2010 figure despite a string of Tory pledges to reduce it

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

as another of farages faragit reformatory boys shows his true colours

Ian Gribbin, the party's candidate in Bexhill and Battle claimed

* ' the country would be "far better" if it had "taken Hitler up on his offer of neutrality" instead of fighting the Nazis in World War Two. err tell that to the russians - who did ..

* said people should  “exorcise the cult of Churchill and recognize that in both policy and military strategy, he was abysmal”.

* Praised Russian president Vladimir Putin as he: "understands the bonds that create more stable societies; the hypocrisy of the West is preposterous as we stare in the face daily the enormous economic equalities created by our deluded neo liberal ideas" and "if only the West had politicians of his class".

* 'women were the "sponging gender" and should be "deprived of health care".

* "Men pay 80% of tax – women spend 80% of tax revenue. On aggregate as a group you only take from society. Less complaining please from the 'sponging gender'."

- Wonder what his momma thinks of that?

On being caught out, cribbin initially refused to comment before belatedly and weakly 'apologising'

A Reform spokesman said the comments were “written with an eye to inconvenient perspectives and truths”.

Chairman Tice said “We’re really pleased with all candidates."

Leader Farage seemed to think the greens vetting OUT and suspending 20 unsuitable candidates was a 'bigger problem' than reform not only leaving **** the unsuitable in, but also being apologists for them

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

He also praised Russian president Vladimir Putin and described Winston Churchill as ‘abysmal’

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Ian Gribbin says his grandparents were "Russian Jews fleeing persecution" and his comments were taken out of context.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

A 'violent left wing mob', comprised of a chap in a red hoody with a damp polystyrene coffee cup and a bit of wet cement, gets nowhere near cowering frightened farage some distance away on top of his double decker bus

.. as farages security and support seem to film the incident grinning

SEI208267734.jpg?quality=75&width=1368&a

Farage bravely flinches, grimaces and seems to almost burst into tears as the 'objects managed to travel a part of the way toward his position on top of his bus. His reactions honed by having a bit of milk splash him at a prior incident allow him to swiftly fall into a protective cower and grimace ..

.. Sometime after, once the mob of 1 had been safely bundled away, farage apparently wipes his eyes of tears, and rising from his cowed and frightened pose, bravely shouts “I will not be bullied or cowed by a violent left-wing mob who hate our country.” .. however few they may comprise of.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/nigel-farage-cement-barnsley-reform-uk-b2560501.html

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

On 08/06/2024 at 14:09, tobyjugg2 said:

Shorter than sunak visit eh?

WWW.THEPOKE.COM

Reform leader Farage criticised PM Rishi Sunak for leaving the D-Day anniversary events in order to film a TV interview - and writer Rick...
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The new Reform UK leader was leaving a pub where he had been meeting voters in Clacton.

You of course ignore the fact that Farage
actually helped raise £100,000 so that WW11 Veterans could actually attend the celebrations 

Meanwhile oh to be in France 🤣