Smile - daily excess charges!!! **SUCCESS**

mrsrachel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello newish person here, following on from my orginal posting on the website main forum ... but firstly would just like to say what a massive help this website has been in our fight for justice!!

We are in the process of trying to claim back just under £700 in charges that have been put on our smile account in the last 5 months, these charges that initally took us over our agreed overdraft limint and have just kept mounting up. Smile's daily excess charge of £5 a day :eek: has really hit us hard. Not really the sort of news you need before christmas. Anyway we presumed the account was ticking along nicely. the only payment coming out of it was a loan due to them of £66, we were paying in £100 - so in a naive minds we thought wew were not only paying off the loan but also paying off the OD slowly (£500) but due to problems with access, and definitely NO communication from SMILE to inidcate a problem we have only just realised the charges.

This occured on 4 December - three phone calls later we were getting no where, apparently daily excess charge is where our account has been moved to debt management (why werent we told???!!) and instead of it being checked by computers daily it is being checked manually(!!).

5 December - sent off letter asking for refund, giving them 14 days to respond (also secure message sent through their rubbish complaints system)

12 December - received letter dated 8 Dec saying they are looking into it - saying they will respond within 7 days.

15th is today - should have heard from them .... but 3 days to go till our 14 day deadline is up.... is it worth putting in a call monday before we proceed to step 2???

Thanks

15th is today - should have heard from them .... but 3 days to go till our 14 day deadline is up.... is it worth putting in a call monday before we proceed to step 2???

Entirely up to you, but it's unlikely to achieve anything, and certainly not a full refund.

• 2 weeks later...

SUCCESS!!!!!

OK - we were a bit slack and never got round to sending our LBA. To be honest it was all ready to go but what with christmas period being so hectic, it was put on the back burner, aimed to send it out tommorrow.

We did receive a second letter from CO-OP/SMILE dated 18 December saying still havent completed their investigations but today dated 27 December - full refund of charges have been put into our account!!!! Fantastic news!!!!

So I think I may start on Abbey now...

Well done! :)

I have to say that Smile have got the most horrendous charging system I have come across. I was glad to get rid of them when I had my charges refunded. At least they seem to pay up fairly quickly.

Good luck with your next claim.

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately we still have a small amount of a loan outstanding with them. But am sure if funds came our way we would pay that off and be rid of them completely!

In reference to my next claim against abbey which I am concerned about - need to go back and check on forums - is banks/building soc turning nasty. We have our mortgage with abbey and would hate to do anything to jeopodise that. I know Smile were pretty quick off the mark in wanting to reduce our overdraft once we started an action. Not too bothered about that with Abbey, just concerned whether when our mortgage comes up for renewal they may be funny...;-)