Welcome everyone, from a newcomer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I found this wonderful site after watching the BBC's money programme on bank charges on Tuesday. I though that it might be worth while checking my bank statements after twice having been really angry with Abbey over the bank charges they have imposed on me over the past couple of years.

I'm on income support due to a back injury, and I went £2 over my overdraft limit earlier this year, and that cost me £340 du to the snowball effect of their charges causes many bill payments to fail and more charges to be imposed. I had to open a new bank account, transfer all my payments over otherise I would have just gone under.

Checking back over my bank statements for the past 6 yearts has shocked me really, as I had no idea that the total amount of charges totalled over £1,000, which was more than my overdraft!

I sent them a letter (the one provided on the BBC website - I hadn't found this site at the time), and today received a prompt reply, informing me that this was not a matter the branch could deal with and that they would pass on my request to HQ, and if they could not resolve the problem, they would send me a form to complain to the banking ombudsman.

I won't be delayed by this tactic though, I know the ombudsman is snowed under and unable to cope, so I will simply issue court proceedings against them. I am so angry about this that the money isn't the the thing anymore. I feel I just want to take them to court no matter what.

Anyway, thanks for a great website, and good luck to everyone.

Alec Trencher

If alec trencher is your real name then you need a user name that does not give away your real identity. (We know that the banks do read these threads).

Send me a PM (private message) telling me your new usename and I will get it changed over for you.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks for your concern and offer of help Rooster, it's much appreciated, but Alec Trencher isn't my real name, it's a name I made up for a screen name. Maybe I should have picked one that would be more obviously fake.

Best Wishes

Alec Trencher

OK Alec. Can't be too careful.

Welcome to our family.

You seem to have it all under control.

Please start your own thread in the Abbey Bank Forum and post any questions and progress reports there. You will be able to draw on the experience of other users who are dealing with Abbey.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....