fkelanne V hsbc

fkelanne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well i sent first ltter off for £2600ish on the 14th of nov no reply

sent lba letter out on the 28th of nov no reply

i foned them a few times but got no where.

Im goin to get the N1 form 2day to fill out and file against them.

If i need sum help i no guys will help ill keep u posted.

can sum1 please work out the instrest for me im not that bright. my total charges are £2297 ive put all the charges in the interest calculater and it cum up with £230.89 to add to my charges whitch is £2527.89 in total is this the full amout i need to claim for?

fkelanne

its better to use one of the spreadsheets to work out the interest. they are quite straightforward to use - don't require any maths abilities (not saying you don't have any!) you just need to key in the date of the charge, the name of the charge and the amount of the charge.

the reason you can't do it your way is because that only works out a straight 8% on the total charges, whereas you need to work out 8% on each charge from the date it was debited to now, so each charge will incur interest for a different number of days.

If you are in England and are only claiming bank charges and no overdraft interest, I would suggest using the England Simple Excel spreadsheet in this link - page down past the vamps chambers and you will see it - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html#post750

• 4 weeks later...

well alot has happend since i was last on here. i didnt get chance to put my claim in as i had my baby 10 wks early, so been busy. I got a letter from HSBC on the 22nd of dec sayin that they would reply by the 23rd of jan. I got a letter dated 11th of jan sayin they will pau £2226, out of the £2600. so i accepted. just waitin for the money to go into the bank. How long does this take? they got the letter sayin ill have the money 2day.

• 3 months later...

They don't usually close accounts.

Unfortunately, by accepting the£2226, that is the matter closed. You will have to start a whole new process to get the £400 that they have charged you since. You will get it if you follow the steps correctly. HSBC might try to argue that you accepted £2226 as full & final settlement, but you need to stand firm that this £400 has nothing to do with that.