Deletion from CUE database

Mountaneer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 07-June, my insurance agreed to delete an incident that I had reported on 17-Dec-2021.

I had requested its deletion since it was not truly a motoring-related incident. But the CUE database did not get cleared.

When I came to know about this and inquired, my insurance company said that it is showing on CUE because the third party still has it on their side and CUE is reading from it. The third-party insurer told me that it was my own insurance company who had sent them the notification and so it still exists on their side. They however agreed to delete it from their side.

My insurance company says that it is the CUE database that should have notified the third party about claim's deletion back on 07-June and that they have done all the right things.

This unwanted claim on CUE has impacted my renewal premium and I have to find out who is actually responsible for this.

Can someone advise me here?

Does the CUE database have to inform the third party when there is a claim deletion request from the first party?

If not then who is supposed to tell them?

Any official link related to this question will help.

Many Thanks for your input.

I know there are quite a few experts here and I seek their knowledge.

Contact CUE.  Sounds like a problem with your own Insurance company.   When you speak to your Insurers, I suspect that they think they have asked CUE to remove the record, but the request was not actually sent.  They may have to send a manual request to get the record corrected.

https://www.mib.org.uk/managing-insurance-data/mib-managed-services/cue-miaftr/

"If you wish to find out what information is held about you on the CUE database, please complete a Subject Access Request form. Alternatively if you wish to contact us regarding a complaint, or any other query relating to these databases, please contact MIB on on 0345 1652803 (freephone) or at [email protected]. A copy of the Privacy Policy can be found here.  "

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread