Halifax say Ultimate Reward A/C fees are 'not PBA' so won't accept complaint?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.
The 'Halifax Ultimate Reward' fees were charged on my brother's account since 2011.

He definitely did not agree to this and made a complaint to Halifax saying they were mis-sold.

He did this by using Resolver. They only option they had as a header was 'Packaged Bank Account',

Halifax have replied to say being as this was not a 'PBA', they will not be looking in to the complaint.

They also mentioned other bank accounts he had that had similar fees but say that they are 'outside of time limit to complain'.

Is this just because he used the 'packaged bank account' header or should they have looked at this complaint regardless?

When was the last of these changes levied?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Here you are.

Is it me or are Reward Accounts packaged accounts? (I will add that he told them the truth that he didn't realise he was paying the fees, cited his mental health issues, and also stated that even if he had, the insurances were never appropriate for him then or now)

1-3.pdf

Edited by craigten

they are sadly, by default, quite correct.

ought to have been aware they were reclaimable....

there is a presumed remit by the FCA/FOS that most customers would have reasonably been aware by publicity that these were reclaimable some years ago.

the limit on that is 3yrs.

it's linked to the CLL stuff that ultimately closed PPI reclaiming in 2019

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for this. As my brother stated in his complaint, he has had serious health issues for the last 10 years (and I do mean serious) and these have impacted his mental health (depression, etc) so bank statements have been ignored. I am not saying this is 'right' but stating what his line was on this. Recently, his health and mental health have increased and there is almost light on the horizon. I was a little surprised that Halifax didn't acknowledge this.