Evri trying to claim item was over weight and want to charge fees.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an online shop and have been sending small items via them for years.

Last week I have an email saying one item was over weight and there is a fee plus admin fee to pay,

never had this before and asked for evidence etc but they won't supply and want me to send proof it wasn't or they will reserve the right to send debt collectors after this amount (under £5) !!! which is laughable.

Just sent this reply to them and will update what response I get:

Thank you for the email, it contents have been noted.

As I have stated all along I require evidence that the parcel I sent was over weight, this would be a photograph of the parcel showing the weight on the scales it was weighed on with the name and address showing dated the day it was flagged up by your system.

If you cannot produce this within 14 days I will consider this matter closed,

if you can supply this I will process the payment within 28 working days.

When I have had to claim off you for damaging or losing parcels I have sent through your company, I have to prove what has happened by photograph and signed forms from my customers before you will even consider paying out.

I have sent hundred of parcels through your company in the past and have never had this problem before and this is why I am asking for proof, and to state you will reserve the right to send debt collectors after me for under £5 is frankly laughable.

I await your response."

At the moment I have a damage claim going through for a little over the amount they want I wonder if they will try and not pay that one out?

Send debt collectors I doubt it 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The customer does have the package, Evri do send parcels on then claim later.

All I am asking is for proof as I have never had this before, if you have to claim through them they need proof and wont pay without it so it should be the same both ways.

Well there is no legal remit to pay any additional admit be, they are an unlawful penalty.

Dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why would it be unlawful to charge an admin fee to collect an underpayment, (providing the T’s & C’s state so!).

Yes to them having to prove there was an underpayment, but if there was:

surely they are entitled to recover both the underpayment and REASONABLE admin costs?

(If this was your business : wouldn’t you want to recover underpayments and associated costs?)

Edited by BazzaS

My argument is that without proof they will not pay out on a claim,  so they should send proof of my error with the weight. 

As I put in the original post I have sent 100s of parcels with them and weigh them myself,  if they are over 1kg it works out cheaper for me to send via royal mail so I wouldn't have sent via them. 

I’m not disagreeing with you: they should be able to show you have underpaid.

I’m disagreeing with the position that even if you’ve underpaid there is “no legal remit” for an admin charge (provided it is in the T’s and C’s, is a genuine pre-estimate of loss and not a penalty, and so on)

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue, I weighed my item before sending it twice, it was 0.67kg, they claim it was over 1kg and want the difference plus admin fee. They provide no evidence of their claim so I am so asking them for evidence. Doubt they will produce it. Did you get this resolved?

When you make a claim with them, you have to prove damage etc and they give you time limits otherwise they will not pay out. 

I just put that I wanted a photo of the item on the scales time dated with the date it was scanned with the customer name and address showing within 14 working days otherwise I would dismiss their claim. 

I put if they can provide me with the evidence I would pay it within 28 working days. 

They will give you the standard email saying our machine is independently checked and is top of the range, and you must prove it was correctly weighed, which is rubbish it's up to them to prove it not you. 

It's been quite a while since sent the last email and had nothing back so I won't be paying them or using them again. 

Good luck with your problem and hope you get it sorted. 

23 hours ago, jc2022 said:

I am having the same issue, I weighed my item before sending it twice, it was 0.67kg, they claim it was over 1kg and want the difference plus admin fee. They provide no evidence of their claim so I am so asking them for evidence. Doubt they will produce it. Did you get this resolved?

please create your own topic by hitting create or + in the top red banner

dx

and they

this is not facebook..... it is a forum.

one topic one person.

and they

jc, it's in the rules you signed up to when you joined CAG, I'm afraid. Experience has taught us that it's the best way to run the forum.

1.9 Hijacking: Please don't hijack someone else's thread, no matter how closely their story resembles yours. Start a thread specific to your case - that way it is easier for people to keep track of, and thus offer you better help.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum