GroupNexus ANPR PCN - Overstay - opps moved now have default judgement - Luton Retail Park LU1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear lovely helpful people,

You have helped my anxiety in the past with a parking charge and now, unfortunately, I have been charged again.

This time, firstly, it was a sincere mistake - I have been shopping with my partner for more than the "allowed 3 hours (that I have not noticed while rushing to the shops)".

We had to do a couple of returns, shop a lot for a new flat and the time just flew.

Secondly, we are currently living in a shared house and the letters are randomly picked by either one of us or our housemates.

I have just found this letter (parking charge) in a massive pile of letters that, I presume, one of my housemate placed under the stairs and forgot to mention it.

I am so scared that the 14 days period has passed and now I need to fork out £100, money that I definitely do not have to give GroupNexus in these dire economic times.

Please, advise if there is anything I could do. I will attach a photo of the charge below. Many thanks in advance!

groupnexus ANPR PCN.pdf

My first thought is to contact the retail park and try to get them to call the fleecers off.

I've looked at their website  https://lutonretailpark.co.uk/contact#contactUs  and unhelpfully there is no e-mail address, just the damn contact form all these companies have.

The snail-mail address corresponds to a shopping centre in the centre of Nottingham that I know well, presumably both are owned by the same group.

I would (a) fill in their contact form and ask for an e-mail address for customer services, and presuming they cooperate, (b) e-mail them and explain what you've explained above, include receipts and proof of purchase, just lay it on thick about being a genuine customer - and demand they call their dogs off.

This might fail miserably, but then nothing ventured ...

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to GroupNexus ANPR PCN - Overstay - Luton Retail Park LU1

Quick update: On PPP, I've been advised to post this at their address, what are your thoughts about it? Just asking for a second opinion, as I have no knowledge of these kind of laws.

"Dear Sirs,

I have received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc"

Edited by TamerAM

Have you received a letter of claim?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Eh?  Advised by who?

If you start sending letters quoting laws that you admit you have no knowledge of, what do you expect to happen?

I've just read the section of POFA that you refer to and the company have, more or less, followed the law.

That's not the main point however, you're dealing with charlatans who aren't going to back down due to some technicality.

We have a Group Nexus case at the minute where a driver stayed for a quarter of an hour in a car park with an hour and a half's maximum stay.  Group Nexus lied and said the limit was only an hour and started a court case on that basis.  Fortunately the Cagger had prepared well, showed them up as liars, and won the case.  But that's the sort of vermin you're dealing with.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

then why are you sending that rubbish and playing your cards early.

thats not what we advised you to do....

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I do not know what PPP stands for but they have wrongly advised you about your PCN. It was issued at an airport that is covered by Bye Laws which as it is not relevant land, PoFA cannot be used. Group Nexus are in fact to be commended for the fact that they didn't claim you were liable under Sch. 4 s9 [2][f]. Many of the crooks do-are you listening VCS?

You are best not to contact them at all as you may reveal who was driving. At the moment they do not know who was driving-you, your partner or someone else, so difficult for them to know who to take to Court.

Edited by lookinforinfo
clarification

eh?

luton retail park anpr pcn....:wave:

and they

• 10 months later...

open

• Thanks 1

Dear fellow CAG lifesavers,

I will start by thanking you deeply for all your help, advice and support offered throughout the times.

I find myself, again, in a struggle with this damn PCN. 

I moved address 4 months ago, as a tenant. Yesterday, my previous landlord called me saying that there are some letters in my name still at the old address.

One of them was this Claim Form...

I have never dealt with this in my life, I am really scared this will affect my whole financial situation.

Could you, please, advise on what I should do?

It has been a long time since this was sent to the old address, as far as I can see on the Claim Form and I just found it yesterday.

Please, tell me there is something that I could do, at least.

Many thanks in advance, as usual and I hope you are all well and healthy!

claimform 11-05-23.pdf

Did you change address details promptly on your V5c?

Also was there a letter of claim from the fleecers among the mail?

Edited by Nicky Boy

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I am currently at work, I will check all the letters I got yesterday - from the back of my mind, I can't recall seeing anything from the fleecers.

I have, but I originally forgot to update it as soon as I moved and I updated it after ~1-1.5 months. It is my first ever car, and my first address move while having a car - I had no idea what the process is.

I only updated my DL as soon as I moved.

Was V5c updated BEFORE 11th May? If so how long before?

Not sure if you're out of time to respond to Court papers. Hopefully others will advise soon.

Edited by Nicky Boy

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I think you'll need to ring either Northampton or the court the case was allocated to, [I'm not sure which] assuming it went that way. Perhaps you could check your paperwork for the court allocating the case locally?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

unless you are really really lucky

you could already have a default judgement.

easy to find out and if you dont , then you might be able to save this.

look at the claimform front page. find the password in the information box then:...

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.

then log in to the MCOL Website 

using the details required from the claimform

.goto the claim history section and tell me what it says please.

now on the address change.

it doesnt matter you didnt update cars V5C , that will make no odds to this as they do not and cannot recheck with DVLA to check address before issuing the claim, they can legally issue it to the old one.

have you also from your landlord another letter about 6weeks before the claim entitled letter of claim?

get on mcol NOW.

we can sort this today if it allows you to enter a defence which we have ready

• Like 1

and they

Thank you, to everyone.

@dx100uk you are a star, as always, thank you, deeply. It seems there is a judgement passed on the 5th June. I have never seen/dealt with this before. I am really scared now. What can I do....

I am at work until 6pm today and I need to get back home and check every single letter.

Capture.pdf

TBH its gonna be far cheaper and simpler to pay this off by 4th july.

you could start the process of a set aside by using an N244 form, but you've not really got any defence as any paperwork 'wriggles' are nulled by the judgement, and anyway that will cost you £275+ and has zero guarantee of being successful.

paying the judgement within 30 days will removed the CCJ 100%.

it  urks me with the history you have here that you let this happen...:frusty: you are not a virgin when it comes to speculative invoices...

now just another point.

i hope you've written to ALL your debt owners from your credit file too on ANY debt that you last paid or used in say 7 yrs? else more backdoor ccj 's might be coming.

never ever move without info debt owners and the DVLA (x2 sep letters)

could you also update your plantIce thread too...thankyou..

dx

and they

Thank you, dx. Unfortunately, I was in a messy situation, mentally, and I had to move to different places, then get treated - I was on medication, that was very bad for me, for a couple of good months.

I presume all that's left for me to do now is pay this up, right? The full £265 amount.

I did not have any other existing debt, ever - other than this PCN and the previous Ice Planet PCN, where you advised me to send them that funny letter.

There was no action on their side for that one, as far as I am aware - could that transform into a CCJ as well, with all the mitigating circumstances I had...?

Thank you, again, for everything.

update that thread and we will advise...but yes it could

get this one paid to the claimant PDQ today.

dx

and they

Sorry to bother you, again, with a stupid question: is there a discount to that £265.60 due to pay, or do I need to pay it entirely, in a one-off payment now? Thanks in advance, again, dx