brit tel

texel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had to get compensation from Brit. Tel. for the line out of operation?:confused: My business line has been out of action since Monday 11th Dec. owing to the wet weather we have had. The latest excuse to day is that they have to get traffic lights!!! I phoned from a public phone and asked about compensation and was told it depended on the length of time the phone is off. So need an idea of what to expect:confused: :confused:

Is there anything relevant in the Terms & Conditions you had when you signed up with them?

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

There is a set scale, and it is paid automatically on a per-line basis (it is actually quite generous) just ensure when the engineer completes the work and advises you the line is back in service you ask him to initialise the compensation refund. There is an argument that lines knocked out by flooding should be exempt (as it is outwith BT's control) but so far the've paid out to anyone who has been disadvantaged. Something you don't get with 'virtual' network operators!

Thanks for the info. Beleive it or not the phone has been off since Monday last and BT say it will be 6th. Jan before it will be fixed. They have to get perkmission from the council to dig up the road. I don't understand it all of a sudden the computer works for a short while then nothing so I have to move fast to get any emails before it goes off again. Boy it will cost them as this is a business phone and I have been unable to do any business!!! better get this off before the computer goes of course the tel is still off.

• 1 month later...
Great news:D My telephone line is now on actually it was 13 feb it came back. I hope B T has a fat wallet;) From 11th. Dec to 13th Feb wow!!!:mad:

2 months - thats disgraceful, clean them out asap!!!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON