Website host MOONFRUIT takeover by YELL resulting in MOORCROFT debt collecting 2022

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Problem with Yell and Moorcroft and Moonfruit for non-existent debt - June 2022, new scam? ! - Broadband and other Internet issues - Consumer Action Group

Same here - HELP !!!

I've just come back from a 5 week stay in Germany to find 3 letters (2.7. / 16.7. / 30.7.2022) from MOORCROFT stating:

'We are agents of YELL LIMITED'...Our clients records show that your account has an outstanding balance of £199...including £40 administration fee.

I had a contract website hosting package with MOONFRUIT for years and when they packed in they suggested to transfer my websites to WIX .

Since I wasn't using the websites/package I decided not to renew. The whole caboodle with Moonfruit folding went past my attention as I am very busy (also maintaining several email addresses)

In May 2022 - YELL sent an email out of the blue with a bill of £159 for March only quoting: "Thanks for choosing products and services from Yell".

No further email or explanation. I ignored it, not knowing why I was billed for something that I have not agreed to. Also because I had a costly dispute with Yell years ago I never wanted to have to deal with them ever again. They sneakingly had sold me services over the phone for over £400 a month - that for a sole trader.

YELL called some time later asking for payment for the website hosting. I told them I was'nt aware that my account was transferred to YELL and that I did'nt want this nor do I want to continue. I was told they make a note and close my account.

And here we go again... YELL with their gangster practice trying to rob from people who are trying their best in their self-employment.

As far as I am aware,  there was no option provided to opt out from MOONFRUIT transfer to YELL. And if so I have fallen victim to an automated contract service between the two of them.

I need advice how to deal with this...what options do I have?

Thanks

yell scam.pdf

Easy, you can ignore Moorcrap.

Start YELL's complaints process. Pay nothing, ignore Moorcrap deal with YELL in writing only.

Keep a diary of events too.

• Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

a DCA is not a BAILIFF

and have 

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's type.

have you moved since taking out this service?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI Foxtail,

I'm Jodie that wrote the original post about a month ago when Yell and Moorcroft contacted me.

Yes it sounds very similar.

If it's any use, I managed to sort the problem out finally, but it took quite a lot of time that i didn't have and got me really annoyed as well that I had to spend time sorting it out when it was all their fault.

The way I sorted it was, that I contacted Webeden, who I had my original sites with, before they sold their site-making brand to Moonfruit, who then sold it on to Yell.

Webeden kindly agreed to contact Yell for me and told them that I had cancelled all my sites with them. (Luckily I had cancelled them through Sitemaker payments and had a receipt which I showed to Webeden.)

So Webeden wrote to Yell to tell them.

Yell then sent me an email apologising that they had made a mistake (hmm) and  said they would contact Moorcroft to tell them to cancel the debt.

It wasn't actually that simple as Yell never bothered to do it, and I had to spend a week chasing them. Then Moorcroft said they never got the message and it just went on and on.

I don't like loose ends so I bugged them all till I finally got Moorcroft to write me a letter by post saying the debt collection was cancelled, but it took a lot of time and I am still amazed that Yell exists after all the scam reviews it has

Sorry for rant but you can see it still annoys me!

I would try contacting Webeden if you had dealings with them and they should write to Yell for you.

Webeden are also hard to reach - no phone contact but they do answer email messages from their site.

Let us know how it goes.

Sorry you have to go thru this as well.

• Like 1

please also update your own thread jodie.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply Jodie,

it helps a lot and is much appreciated. I had no dealings with Webeden only Moonfruit.

Thanks also to Bazooka Boo for your suggestion to start a YELL's complaints process, it had a calming effect.

As annoyed as I am facing another dispute with Yell to hell (avoid like the plague), I don't have the time or energy to chase Yell in a longwinded time consuming way again. Running my own business and being a carer at the moment is enough, so I need to prevent running into another burn out.

Looks like I have 2 options:  Do nothing 'wait and see'  or  budge and pay 'counting my losses' to avoid any repercussions.

I am grateful for all your input

you dont owe anything

ignore.

dx

and they

Hi Foxtail,

YW, I did just write you a reply but I think it didn't send.

I was just saying: ok so you had no dealings with Webeden, well I also asked Yell to show me a link to  these sites that I apparently was having migrated and that now should be on Wix, and they couldn't!

They said it's because I never paid! So legally I'm sure they have no leg to stand on as there is nothing to show the migration was ever done, unless Yell have a record of it, who knows

I totally know how much time and effort it takes to sort out these kind of scams, it's a real nuisance.

I'd hate to pay as it's not fair; others here know more about the legal side and if Moorcroft are allowed to hassle you more. 

But if you need any back up against Yell and the websites just let me know and I can tell you what I said to Yell etc.

I cannot understand how Yell is allowed to continue and do all of this as there are 100s of complaints about them on Trust Pilot etc. It doesn't make sense, they should be closed down!

There is nothing anyone can do 

Ignore.

But please update your own thread @jodie k too.

dx

and they