Part Payment received NATIONWIDE

tillyh345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a letter this morning from nationwide to say they are refunding part of my claim "they have thoroughly invesitigated and calculated charges to arrive at this figure"ABOUT £900 SHORT!!!!!!!!

Any ideas as to what to do next. Charles Bacon needs a letter I think! but help! I thought I had seen a letter somewhere rejecting and asking for fuill amount...PLease Help...

Thank you for replying Janquinny however this isnt really a settlement letter they have already paid the money in the bank minus £900.00 saying thats all I will be getting. Sorry I didnt explain myself fully. :(

Hi tillyh345,

Like wot janquinny says!

U might want to jiggle the words of jonni2bad's letter to just saying that U accept their credit to your account as a Partial Payment only and that U intend to proceed with your claim for the remainder.

Nationwide have a history of paying people's claims in drips and drabs so U may well want to just continue your claim without replying, as they have already been sent your LBA etc.

Just make sure that there is nothing in their letter about U accepting this payment to U as being a Full and Final Settlement if U don't reply or proceed with your claim within a certain period of time etc etc...(IMHO)

Don't be Fobbed Off...

IT'S YOUR £900 REMEMBER!!!

U have all our support behind U...U are NOT alone!

thanks for replying, Yes thats exactly what I have done rejigged the letter and e mailed it to Charles Bacon at Nationwide...will let everyone know how I get on ! Watch this Space and I knownot to give up and thankyou everyone that has helped me this far!! It is a good feeling when you start to see it going in even if it is dribs and drabs!!

Hi tillyh345,

Am not sure on the merits of sending E-mails Vs Recorded Delivery Letters?

I, myself, would prefer to use the latter, as I think our archaic Court System more readily accepts such methods as evidence of correspondance if delivery/receipt of such is disputed and needs to be proved in Court.

But in this case, as it isn't a S.A.R., Preliminary Letter or LBA U may be OK.

...Just keep a hard copy of the E-mail in case!...;)

Best of Luck!

Hi, when I challenged the Nationwide over the money they had taken from me, they seemed to be short by quite a bit. I'd been using the Notice of Charges on the SAR response they sent and not the actual statements showing where charges had been applied.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress