Regents Parking ANPR PCN - QCP - Queensway Car Park Queensway Lon W2 4RE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was sent a speculative invoice from this parking company stating that I never paid for a parking ticket in their car park.

I appealed the charge and stated that they had no evidence of me going into their car park which is several units up the road from where I did park.

I stopped in the early hours to grab a hot drink from a 24hr cafe and parked in a bay on Queensway.

There were no signs stating it was pay and display, that it was private property which in my knowledge still is a public highway under Westminster Council.

The signage was loading bay only and did state that this was allowed between the hours of 7.30am - midday.

I didn’t think at 3am that I would be ticketed by a warden unbeknown to me as there was no signage that CCTV was in operation.

In essence, my appeal was rejected and I received a bizarre call from their solicitor stating he was going to escalate it to the courts.

I stated that my position remained the same and I wasn’t prepared to answer more questions over the phone and the matter must be conducted in writing.

I’ve received another threatening letter (please refer to attachment)  

ANSWERS TO YOUR SET OF QUESTIONS: 

1 Date of the infringement 06/04/2022 04:04:07

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 08/4/2022 

3 Date received 13/04/2022 

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? yes - unfortunately the appeal was submitted online and I do not have a copy of it suffice to say it was sent off three days after receiving the original notice. In the appeal I state that the confirmation did not occur because I did not park the car in the car park.

Have you had a response?   yes - he's came in the form of a phone call from the alleged solicitor. No written formal rejection has been received.

7 Who is the parking company? SolutionsLab via Regents Parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Its is stated that I was parked in Queensway Car Park which isn’t strictly accurate as they are situated on 26 Queensway and is a purpose built car park whereas I was parked in a bay approximately opposite 37 Queensway, Central London W2 4QJ  

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

POFA2012 and IAS

I received a phone call allegedly from the solicitor who warned me this would go to court to retrieve if I didn’t pay.

I said that I wasn’t in their car park, the photo evidence is clear to which he replied that the parking bays are also considered as part of their car park.

The street signs make no reference to paying parking, if anything they say new street restrictions and state only loading between the hours of 7am - midday allowed.

I also received a letter dated the 10tJune 2022 from CSB solicitors based in London.

Queensway LBCA_CSB Solicitors REDACTED.pdf

So this wasn't a windcscreen ticket, was a notice to keeper through the post, now on Private land a loading bay is not enforceable, and before DX jumps in with some proper advice, its NOT A Fine, its a speculative Invoice for breach of a term in a contract the allege you entered into by daring to park ob land they infest

Just a couple of questions, at the time you parked you definitely didn't see any "Prominent" signage stating was loading bay etc?

Other thing was your appeal outed you as the driver, but all is not lost anyway.

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

What are these scammers doing phoning people!!

How did they get you number.

i find it really puzzling why they'd setup anpr cameras for a loading bay scam, they cant enforce that anyway. Nor how can the cameras tell you parked in one and not a bay?

ignore them totally now never talk on the phone, if you ever get a letter of claim with a reply pack comeback here.

It might be that because you though this was a penalty fine, and p'haps stated other things along those lines in your appeal, a phone call might have scammed you out of your debit card number to cough up and they'd spoof a tidy sum + a fee out of you too.

well you now know its a speculative invoice for breaking some kind of imaginary contract by driving on the land they might have a valid parking management agreement with the land owner..or they might not!!!

Dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

These seem to be new scammers on the block.

Where to start?  Well there is a 15-minute industry-wide grace/consideration period where you're allowed to read the signs and then leave if you decide not to accept the conditions.

No pay-and-display signs.

No machine to pay with.

Leaving aside for a moment that the whole appeal procedure is a con, they are supposed to give you a written rejection of your appeal and the chance to appeal to the trade association appeal body.

As dx says, just ignore them.

But come back here if you ever get a Letter of Claim/Letter before Action.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Maybe report them to Action Fraud?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to Regents Parking ANPR PCN - QCP - Queensway Car Park Queensway Lon W2 4RE

might be an idea to post up some googlemaps links of where you parked 

also see if you can do something with their 2 photos 

like a hq scan that can be lightened up and things can be seen a bit better.

i'd love to id where it was taken.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I know Bayswater pretty well and you are not quite right with your location.

26 Queensway is Qpark which is a totally different company.

Regent parking are in Princess Court  which is a little further down than from where you said you parked. And when you said you parked opposite 37 did you mean that you parked in the layby next to 37 since there isn't a layby across the road  from 37 .

If you parked  next to Taza kebab you are still several car lengths from Princess Court which would make it difficult to be caught by ANPR cameras in Princess court. Is it possible that you parked in the lay by in front of Princess Court instead?

i don't live far from there [less than 10 minutes] so I can have a look once I know where you actually parked. I can also get an update on Regent's signage that doesn't look as if it complies.

It is also a pity that you appealed [though perfectly understandable if you were by Taza ] since their PCN does not comply with POFA so the keeper cannot be held liable for the debt.

If you are sure you parked there then your GDPR has been breached so you can have some fun if you like. 

• Thanks 1

The first thing to say is that I assumed that this area was monitored by Westminster Council and when I looked up parking it didn’t say anything about Regents Parking being involved and in fact there are paid bays further down that the council oper 

Operates and at reasonable more standard times.

The zone is B3 and the exact spot I exact spot is here:

https ://goo.gl/maps/15h8o5YNRtPai28y5

There are signs but the time was 3am and I definitely wasn’t more than 15mins as I popped into Dr Power to buy a take-away coffee which was recorded as being 3.49.

Surely the point here is that the contravention says I never bought a ticket for parking in their car park and they’ve no evidence of me parking in their car park.

How they’ve got my number I don’t know.

The ‘solicitor’ stated that the bay on Queensway is an extension of their car park.

I can’t see how that is legally possible, nor is that compatible with this street being monitored by Westminster Council. 

(Other forums eg MSE 2 Feb 2021, an almost identical complaint from a driver who did as u did also got threats of court action and was put down to it being a scam.)

The concern I now have is how this has been now been referred onto dcbl (Debt Collection Bailiffs Ltd).

i

Queensway Fine- Dcbl letter.pdf

• Thanks 1

DCBL are acting as debt collectors.  They are an uninterested third party that can do absolutely nothing.  Relax.

From what I've read SolutionsLab/Regents Parking have never taken anyone to court.

OK  if you are sure you parked in the lay by next to Dr. Power then write to Regents Parking.  State that your car  was not parked in their car park and that they have breached your GDPR. As this carries a penalty of £2000 to £3000 in Court any further demands for money will involve in you taking them to Court for said breach and suing for £3000.

Do not use" I "in the letter thereby insinuating that you may have been the driver. Keep it down to you being the keeper of the car but not admitting who the driver was.

Hopefully they will then shut up. The ball is then in your court as to where you go then.

Good other members have come up with what looked at the 1st night.

Any chance of a scan of each picture so we can lighten it up and see if it does them in it is not managed by these fleecers???

Dx

and they

• 4 months later...

please create your own topic by hitting create or + in the top red banner

dx

and they