EPC ANPR PCN - Wall St Carpark - Newbury

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning 

I  had quick search regarding the latest parking regulations and for any similar queries,

i have received a letter from Debt recovery plus regarding an outstanding parking fine with euro car parks

I missed the dead line to appeal this ticket via euro car parks web site, unfortunately they don't issue car parking tickets on the windscreen any more so i wasn't aware there was an outstanding ticket until i got back from being away.

i did write  to euro car parks with a photo copy of my wife's bank statement with proof of purchase ,

My wife was using my car that day for work and parks in the same car park daily , euro car parks just said it was in the hands of the debt company so i had to deal with them.

The letter from the debt collectors arrived i was expecting it,  there are three options 1 pay in full including there unbelievable fee of £70 so making it £170 or £42 a month or do nothing and our financial loss will increase significantly  with this choice they will inform legal team sure contact evidence advise legal action 

with the other two options if we pay we will protect our credit score !!

so I would like to challenge this in court with proof of purchase on the day what's the best way to do this please

how does it affect my credit score if i don't have a credit agreement ?

if my wife did accidently put a wrong digit in would we still be in a strong position with the new directives that a wrong digit would incur  a small fine  ?

Thank you for reading 

Moved to the private parking forum 

It is not a FINE.

And no you don't appeal ever regardless.

speculative invoices don't appear on credit files 

Dr+ are a dca.

a DCA is not a BAILIFF.

you appear to indicate this might have been a reg mistype?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are they pursuing you as Keeper or your wife as Driver, looks like you mightt have outed her as driver but all not lost, they can do diddly to tour credit score unless they get a CCJ, and that is not a certainty for them especially as you will have good evidence to challenge any claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply and for moving to Private parking DX

The  DC have addressed it  to me as the owner of the car brassnecked

DX after chatting to my wife she thought that she might have put in a wrong letter on the number plate when paying for the parking its the only thing we can think of why they issued  a ticket when we paid,  just wondering how this would effect things if they decide to pursue through the court 

many thanks again

this site is still awesome  

Don't let it worry you. Anything they demand over £100 is unlawful. 

Debt collectors are absolute scrotes with no power to do anything. They only take orders from Euro car parks so totally ignore them.

To help us give you the best advice could you please complete the following questions including a legible copy [fron and back of the first PCN you received].

Do you also have a copy of the appeal you sent  which we could see. We don't advocate appealing since those who do appeal often lose one of  the benefits of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. That benefit is should they get the certain things wrong on the PCN they cannot then transfer the debt from the driver to the keeper. As only the driver is responsible and Euro  only know the address of the keeper if you don't appeal they cannot know who was driving. This makes it difficult for them to win in Court.

If it is a question of getting a number wrong on the vrm then you have nothing to worry about. No Court would allow Euro to win as you paid anda slight mistake with the numerals is too trifling.  Just ignore all their rubbish letters [and there are likely to be a few] there is nothing they can do.

Eventually, if they are really stupid, they may decide to send you a Letter of Claim which is an early move to go to Court. You then send one of our snotty letters which should mean that they won't go further. So let us know if you get one of those.

In the meantime could you please fill out the questions which should enable us to get more ammunition to fight off any claim they may try.

• Like 2

Dr+ has not sent it to you as the owner.

owner Means nothing.

Registered keeper on v5c 

Dx

• Like 2

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, cancookwill said:

DX after chatting to my wife she thought that she might have put in a wrong letter on the number plate when paying for the parking its the only thing we can think of why they issued  a ticket when we paid,  just wondering how this would effect things if they decide to pursue through the court

1 hour ago, lookinforinfo said:

If it is a question of getting a number wrong on the vrm then you have nothing to worry about. No Court would allow Euro to win as you paid anda slight mistake with the numerals is too trifling.  Just ignore all their rubbish letters [and there are likely to be a few] there is nothing they can do.

LFI is spot on.

It's a long, long, long time since we've seen a PPC actually do court on a wrong registration case.

The reason is they would lose.  When years ago they tried the judges gave them a kicking.  They were paid.  They suffered no loss.  Getting the reg wrong is legally "de minimis" ("the law does not deal with trivialities").

• Like 2

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

They would be very silly to try court as already stated, so little to worry about for now bar some frighteningly worded demands from the paper Tiger DRP.

• Like 2

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you all for your responses 

to answer some of Lookingforinfo  we missed the chance to appeal due to being  away at the time, also the letter has been sent to me the registerd owner I am not aware they would know my wife was driving at the time

if things heat up a bit I will upload the back of the PCN gladly my printer doesn't like my computer so will need to look into that 

Many thanks again  

Cancookwill

registered keeper on the V5C, as they dont know who was driving and NEVER tell them! they get the info from being a part of the dvla pay us £2.50 and we'll tell you the RK'd details.

it doesnt matter you missed the appeal deadline. you never appeal anyway.

• Like 1

and they

It an obtuse way as DX indicates was a good job you didn't appeal Take a photo of both sides of the PCN and convert it to pdf and upload it/

• Like 1

To help us see what a hash  Euro parks has made of your case so far, could you please fill in the questions below.

I note you are having problems with your printer so when it comes to posting up the PCN [front and back please] you can always use your phone and upload it from there. just remember to cover over your name, address and  vrm number . Please do not remove the times and dates on the PCN-sometimes they can help win your case.

They are very likely to have made mistakes that would be fatal to any claim they made.

• dx100uk changed the title to EPC ANPR PCN - Wall St Carpark - Newbury

thread tidied.

those are not the PCN.

can we have both sides of the letter (NTK/PCN) that has the 2 in/out photo's please

and they

Hi DX  

That is the only info letter I have we can't locate the first letter or original parking fine notification My wife said there wasn't  anything on the car windscreen.

Do I ask the DC for the original notification ?

what shall I do just wait until they pursue through court ?

apologies for lack of info 

Cancookwill

Homer did say not to contact DR+.

If that's all the paperwork you have, sit tight and see if a letter before claim/action turns up. If you get one - and you may not, come back here and we'll help you to write back. 

Or if you get more threatograms, let us know and we'll let you know if you need to take any action. In the meantime don't write to anyone and keep any correspondence for now. 

HB

• Like 2

Illegitimi non carborundum

it is not a fine!!

dx

• Like 1

and they

What is the reason you don't have the original PCN?  Is it just a simple case of not keeping on top of paperwork or have you moved recently and it could have gone to a previous address?