Help! TFL fare evision letter.

Hi,

if someone can help me with my case with tfl.

few days ago I caught using student oyster card. Now I got letter asking me information with 3 options.

i reply to that letter on Provided email

I apologise and explained my situation that I’m allergic to dust and i start felling sort of breathing. As my medicine was at my home i left my friends house in rush and in rush i took his oyster.

When inspector came and check that time I realised i took it and touched wrong card.

I ask for paying fine the  amount and processing amount to avoid court to prevent criminal record.

I attached proof of my medicine which has my name on it.

And attached pdf from my gp showing high dust allergies. 

Its been 3 days now but I didn’t not get any reply back. 

I tried to find prosecution team contact number but I couldn’t find that number. 

if someone can help me what should I have to do now?  

Even I don’t know how to write letter to them as I’m new in this country.

Should I write letter in hand writing or in printed format?

help me please! I don’t want criminal record.

if you have already sent you plea

then you wait.

they will write or email you.

check spam folders too.

nothing more you need to do until they reply.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its a simple one off mistake.

Not sure what you are worried about.

You wont get a criminal record over a human mistake, poss a small OOC will resolve it, in most cases like these they might not do anything and let it go.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They dont have to reply.

They might not.

They have 6mts to move this fwd else it dies.

There have been a few cases of these honest mistake stoppages, whereby they just let it die as not necessary to pursue and never bothered to say we are letting it go.

and they

Posted (edited)

It depends on what happens when they review the usage on the card.

They can also review the footage from any body-worn camera from the revenue staff : would your breathing difficulties have been apparent (though I suspect they would have called an ambulance if they were that obvious….)

How many times might you have used it while suffering from allergy? Were there others beyond the time you got caught?

How many similar journeys were made by the legitimate owner of the card?

Edited by BazzaS
  • Like 1

I just used it once while I’m in rush and that time Even I didn’t know that I touched his oyster. Otherwise the card owner using his oyster on regular basis.

if you were stopped at the start of the journey, did they ask you where you were travelling to?

if at your destination: they’ll know where you travelled to and from.

Is that journey a usual one for the legitimate owner of the card, where it might look like you’ve made that same trip before,  or will your journey look “out of pattern” (supporting your statement to TfL that it was a one-off, if they check the card’s usage)

7 minutes ago, BazzaS said:

if you were stopped at the start of the journey, did they ask you where you were travelling to?

Is that journey a usual one for the legitimate owner of the card, where it might look like you’ve made that same trip before,  or will your journey look “out of pattern” (supporting your statement to TfL that it was a one-off, if they check the card’s usage)

If they check card usage Journey timing is out of pattern. As the card owner using card everyday two times - one in morning and one in evening. But on that day journey happened on same route as card owner route but timing is afternoon. So timing is out of pattern. Only 1 bus coming nearby the card owner house so route and bus is same. But destination is different on that day I caught. They asked me where I was started the journey and where I’m willing to go. Card owner travelling everyday same stop to take bus but end stop is totally opposite.

16 minutes ago, BazzaS said:

they stopped me on nearly destination of my journey. I’m one stop away. And I get off from the bus straight away. 

Posted (edited)

The different timing / different destination helps support that this was a one-off, increasing the likelihood they’ll offer an administrative (“out of court”) settlement

Edited by BazzaS

1 hour ago, BazzaS said:

The different timing / different destination helps support that this was a one-off, increasing the likelihood they’ll offer an administrative (“out of court”) settlement

Hopefully They’ll settled OOC. Right Now I’m just waiting for their Reply. I’m ready to pay penalty fines and any administrative fees.