• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Shelley v HSBC ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm confused Lattie, should I not have included the interest? Have I claimed too much interest? I downloaded the the spreadsheet from this website but now i'm doubting what I've done!!!:confused: Actually its £600 interest and over £3k in charges!!! My mistake!! :eek:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

calm down, i'm sure you did ok. if you used the spreadsheet - it will be fine, i was just trying to explain what i think you meant - and 600 sounds right for 3k, the thing with the 8% interest - if you start with templates from other sites (bbc, money expert) some tell you to ask for that interest right from the first letter - CAG does not - they say you can't actually claim for it until you file you mcol so don't ask for it - just differing tactics, methinks. anyway, you've filed now - so, you are just in that holding pattern - you followed the instructions - it just takes time now for the next bits to happen - sorry if i put you into a panic - just relax and let it flow now - soon you'll receive notice that it has been served, then a little after that you will probably receive notice that it has been acknowledged - that's when you send 2 copies of you breakdown to the courts referencing your claim number and 1 copy to dg (address and maybe a name on pg 2 of ack.) also, reference your claim number.

you're claim will be fine - just be prepared for a bit of a wait, they are deluged with claims at the moment.

Thanks for this Lattie, I was a bit worried!!!! I feel allot better now :)

I received a leter from the court this morning saying that they will serve the papers to HSBC on Wednesday and then they have 14 days to reply.

I guess its just a waiting game now.... :D

i'm not sure if you can claim additional charges once your claim has gone to mcol. you could try writing to them asking for a reversal as you have already claimed against them once! i had a charge pending, and since i filed my claim - the charge has mysteriously disappeared from my pending charges summary.

good luck

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

try ringing the mcol customer help line or email them, quoting your claim reference, inform them that you have already received the paperwork from the court but status at 'issued' stage still - is there a problem. it usually takes a few days to acknowledge but as you have the papers already - are they notice of issued papers?

i reckon they're just snowed under and nothing to worry about - just give them a ring if you're worried, i'm sure they'll put your mind at ease

netty

it's only just been issued - you said above - it will be issued wed. it takes a day or two to process - then you will get an acknolwedgment - they have 14 days from the date of service - if they don't acknowledge, they loose -you press the button. they probaly will - it's right on schedule - just look at the date you filed - they usually serve it 5 days later - then 14 days after that - dg needs to have acknowledged.

Hi Lattie,

Thanks for this, I thought it was issued last Wednesday, getting my weeks mixed up!!! ;)

If/When they acknowlegde who has 14 days?? DG or HSBC?? Is there a thread you can suggest so I can look at what happened to them at this stage?? I have been looking but there are so many (which is good!!)

Am I just to play the waiting game now???

i think they mean it will be issued tomorrow - that would be the 31st, you can check mcol to see if it is issued soon. what you received from the court - was it a notice of issue? probably was, so, they serve it tomorrow, dg has 14 days from then to acknowledge - keep an eye on the mcol status, should they forget to acknowledge - after 14 days you can press the button for judgment and ask the courts to get you your money. probably, dg will acknowledge your claim - this gives them a further 14 days to enter a defense (on pg 2 of the acknowl. they will have ticked the box "intend to defend in full" - also on that page you will have dg's address and maybe a name. when you receive the acknowl. send dg a copy of your breakdown with your court number referenced on it. also send 2 copies to the court - address on docs. also referencing your claim number. then, it is a wait until the 28 days is up to see if they have defended - they will unless they take on more staff and get through the backlog of claims (or unless they forget - in which case - again, you press the button and file for a judgment). that takes care of the next couple of weeks, so, watch for the ackn. and send breakdowns and relax.........

hiya

start reading up on the AQ process now just so you are one step ahead for the next bit should it go that far

Notes for completing a small claims track allocation questionnaire - Form N149

An online PDF version of the form is HERE

Hi all,

I received my court letter today 'Notice that Acknowledgement of Service has been filed'. I'm now preparing my statements to send to Debbie @ DG and Northampton court. Getting excited and nervous at the same time :-| Im also reading up on the AQ process, thanks ;)

Just been looking through the threads and I notice that people have emailed their spreadsheets to Debbie @DG (I will post them on Monday too) but can anyone tell me her email address?

Is there a covering letter I should send with my spreadsheets??

Also, who do I send the AQ to and when?

Thanks again ;)

you will receive the aq along with a transfer to your local court and a copy of their defense all together about 3 days after they actually defend.

they have just acknowledged and so now have 28 days from the date of the issue (see your notice of issue) date to file a defense, which triggers the stuff i just mentioned above.

as for what to send - just say, please find a copy of my breakdown relating to claim number xxxxxxxx.

debs email is:[email protected]

for the post - it's one copy to her and 2 copies to the court - also referencing your claim number. address on court docs.

:p Thnaks for your help Lattie (hope you don't mind me calling you that?!?!?)

So the letter I received from the court is not that they are going to defend? On the attached sheet Debbie has filled in and ticked that she wants to defend.... Or is this what the court fill in for her to sign? I think its the latter but just want to check!! :confused:

Oh and I got a call from HSBC today saying that I'm over my overdraft (thanks to them charging me for going over my overdraft :mad: ) and they said I need to pay this off ASAP!!!! My response 'See ya in court!!!'

first the court "issued" the claim, then they notified you that dg has "acknowledged" the claim and they ticked the box that says they intend to defend in full the charges against them, they then have 28 days from the issue to actually file their defense - and that's what you will receive along with the aq - shortly after they actually file their defense - in about 3 weeks time. we always say to look for their address and maybe a name on pg 2 of the acknow. that's what you have now. it's all court-speak.

just send off those breakdowns then chill for a bit.

call me anything you like!

Hi all,

I've heard NOTHING from DG or HSBC since 2nd February. I'm starting to worry but know I shouldn't.... ;) I just want my money!!! I'm just starting the process for my boyfriend with Barclays so I guess I'll be on this site for another 3 months :p I've told loads of people at work and they are all starting to claim now, FANTASTIC!!!!

well done! I have just gone past this point 5 days before 28 days up, filled in AQ (Which as mentioned you should recieve soon) and the same morning an offer from colin langdale at HSBc offering me some of my money back. Returned a letter to him saying would love that money back but continuing with court action and also a letter to DG to spur them on , telling them my intentions for court. Netty and lateralus very helpfull at this point see their links on my thread. Try not to get too ate up, i was untill the offer came and then realised it's very very likely i will get my money back. If you look on forum for hsbc similar stories in fact day this happened to me i had correspondance from a few others that were in exactly the same position. Hang in their. Good luck

:-?

while your'e waiting for hsbc to defend, read as many threads as you can so you are prepared for the next stage should it arise ok.

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

there you are... some light reading lol

netty

hi

debbie is out of the office until next monday 19th feb. the voicemail suggests if you have an urgent matter you wish to discuss, then ring 0121 455 2206 alan burden (couldn't have a better surname if you ask me).

spoke to him myself yesterday - miserable, but i got through straight away.

Hi, thanks for that Netty, should I send another email/letter to Alan? Also, I got an email from the courts yesterday 'I am afraid i will be unable to attach this to the particulars of claim, as the claim has been issued electronically.

However we have placed a copy in filing and if the case is transferred for a court hearing, we will forward the information to them.'

Is this correct?