UK Power supplies Winter 2022/2023. Are you prepared ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

5 hours ago, brassnecked said:

He will be off Princess Nut-Nut's Christmas card list then, the Climate Emergency is another method to introduce a CCP style Social Credit controlling Digi-ID system.

Johnson had no time for net zero until he had to obey nutnut in order to satisfy the global warming occurring within his trousers 

The elite would like everyone to have a small carbon allowance so they can continue to fly their private jets

TJ would go to book one of his regular flights to the canaries, only to find the 

computer says no, you’re only entitled to a wet weekend in Wales 😀

The utter madness of the “climate emergency “

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I notice the BBC activists(in the old days they were journalists) have worked themselves into a complete frenzy 

They can’t decide whether you are going to fry, freeze or drown in next weeks thunderstorms

Utterly pathetic what passes for journalism within that organisation 

• Like 1

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

So @theoldrouge

In what way will fracking benefit the UK population? or help resolve the energy crisis?

It is only small amounts, and the amounts claimed are the theoretical total amount tha could possibly be there? The amounts extractable have proven to be less than a tenth that claimed, and thats in far more 'ideal' locations

.. and even if t1/10th was extracted, at 10 times the speed it could be extracted, at a massive subsidy cost from the UK TAXPAYER,

.. it would be sold on the open market to the highest bidder, with the profits to the owners tax haven accounts?

All the above is demonstrably the case, and have already been linked here.

So tell us , @theoldrougewhat use to the UK population and the UK energy crisis is fracking? or to anyone except the handful who will make the profits and leave devastation.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Using the Passivehaus system had I the cash, I could build an extremely energy efficient home, with planning and  enough money, I could also power it off grid from renewables, at which point I would get into trouble with Ofgem as they would tell me off if I built another to sell or rent, as being off grid would remove the ability of the occupier to change supplier.  That's how loopy it is in the world of Ofgem.  Fact I was told that by and Ofgem rep at an energy conference I attended a while back in Cardiff.

Passivehaus mso efficient, I could keep lounge warm purely from the  heat from a gaming or editing session on my workstation, with a RTX3090 GPU banging out the FPS in CyberPunk 2077 consuming 350 plus watts itself before factoring rest of PC in.  No need to have a radiator or heating on.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The future is off grid or non carbon ?  Every roof with solar panels and storage either in house or communal. Wind turbines in every neighbourhood. 

Perhaps the big energy suppliers understand their business could decline in the decades to come, so they are trying to maximise their profits now and Ofgem are helping them ?

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

All of which would be entirely warmed by a minority working together

- aka the party system - which is why it is.

The minnows would have to make alliances - or get nowt

Wrong? -  yes - but thats the way it is.

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

45 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

The future is off grid or non carbon ?  Every roof with solar panels and storage either in house or communal. Wind turbines in every neighbourhood. 

Absolutely, and hydrogen burning (with nox carefully managed) power stations with the hydrogen generating mechanisms and storage at the power stations

That would also 'power' the hydrogen cell car infrastructure

45 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Perhaps the big energy suppliers understand their business could decline in the decades to come, so they are trying to maximise their profits now and Ofgem are helping them ?

Without doubt

The Tory Legacy

13 hours ago, brassnecked said:

What about the Minnows? Teck Khong's ASlliance ADP. and in Wales Sovereign party, Propel and Gwlad?  Wales is a far different animal with the labour government full on Marx.  With Drakeford and Price you get what you would have with Corbyn, its like Animal Farm here with More Equal Animals rampaging.

14 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

UK needs proportional representation. But I would also like to see more independent candidates genuinely representing their local areas. 

Tories will lose many seats to Lib Dems and Labour at next election, but it is possible they might win most seats, without holding a majority.  Lib Dems and Labour need to forge a left of Centre alliance, with parties not fielding candidates where they cannot win.

All of which would be entirely warmed by a minority working together

- aka the party system - which is why it is.

The minnows would have to make alliances - or get nowt

Wrong? -  yes - but thats the way it is.

The Tory Legacy

Exactly TJ they would but the Con/Lab/Lib are secure as the other party leader's are in their silo's and unwilling to talk to the other's.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

More like they are no use to them, and what little use is negated by the 'extreme' requirements of the smaller party(s)

.. Con/DUP aside

erk! - how did overwhelmed become warmed in that last post!

I've also noted that when quoting, then type straight away, sometimes my text goes in backwards (literally reversed) until i delete the whole line and start again.

- weird, Trojan scans come out clean and those aren't simple typos

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Keir Starmer will on Monday call for the energy price cap to be frozen at its current level of £1,971.

If France can do it .. and more .. then why cant we

As Truss say she might stop higher earners getting 400 quid relief

.. being as someone else has pointed out they dont need it and that higher earners would benefit the most BY FAR from other help

.. never mind, shes still got the £3500 energy expense account on top of the £1,700+ relief shes still planning to give herself and those like her

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

The Labour leader said its plan will be laid out in the coming days

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

3 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

There are groups in Wales looking at local energy and community schemes that might well freeze out the biggies.

Doing some research and contacting some of those groups, likely solar is involved with other  things, several people I know who are off grid in remote areas in Wales  use deep cycle batteries as used in submarines, so lead acid in a shed with an inverter charged by soolar, and even in one case a small hydro turbine in a pipe from a stream.

• Like 1

There is a development of private flats in Bath, where they have a community energy system, that is supposed to have the latest eco friendly technology.   I did read about it and it sounded very expensive to install.  Not sure what peoples bills have been like. 

I have heard of complaints with such community systems, where the bills have been higher than for a conventional gas boiler system. 

Perhaps the technology will improve, particularly batteries to store the energy, better insulation methods and more efficient household goods to limit energy drained.

I am questioning the way in which my current supplier British Gas is running accounts

Earlier in the year, by my own actions, I paid a lump sum to reduce my outstanding bill and I increased the DD amount, so that over the year, my account would have a very low balance. 

With the increases due in October 2022 and January 2023, the increased DD amount would not have the impact I originally intended. But at least the debt level would be reduced to a manageable level.

British Gas have now lowered my DD's from September, presumably based on the £400 the Government have announced so far.     But given the large increases expected, I would have thought they would have maintained the DD's at the level I decided on, rather than reduce them.

I moved away from British Gas previously due to uncompetitive rates and tinkering with DD levels.   But I was forced back following closure of previous suppliers. 

British Gas are one of the worse to try to contact also.  Their website is obstructive and just leads people around a circle of questions and answers that don't help.

I believe some of the new technology e.g. heat pumps, requires a lot of electric to keep them running. 

Yes the achilles heel of heat pumps as an air to air heat pump is at a most basic level a refrigerator in reverse.

Heat pumps are next to useless continual technical problems, will leave you with a cold shower in cold weather 

My neighbour has had plenty of bad experiences with the Daikin model 

• I agree 1

The tech will develop and get cheaper once the fascicle fossil fuel brigade are kicked into touch

Example

WWW.SPRINGWISE.COM

An energy storage system connects to rooftop solar panels to power a home using hydrogen fuel cells

The Tory Legacy

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Headteachers are considering implementing three-day weeks at schools as they struggle to deal with booming energy costs and staff salaries rising...