UK Power supplies Winter 2022/2023. Are you prepared ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Meanwhile as politicians prepare to sacrifice millions of households on the altar of net zero, I’m afraid cutting one of your regular flights to the canaries won’t make a lot of difference as

China is stepping up construction of coal-fired power stations and has ordered an extra 300 million tonnes of the fossil fuel to be mined every year as it apparently contradicts its own climate change commitments.20 Jul 2022

as for ofgem they they are too busy hiring diversity consultants to worry about trivial matters such as lowering your electric bill

but hey the left wing blob loves that 🤣

Edited by theoldrouge

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

10 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

Meanwhile as politicians prepare to sacrifice millions of households on the altar of

fracking and drilling for ever reducing amounts of gas and oil, with the profits going to offshore accounts,

rather than investing in high worth local UK jobs in a green (effectively limitless) hydrogen energy economy, generating worthwhile employment (and taxes) across the nation and skillsets exportable to the world

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

worth a peruse

TRIBUNEMAG.CO.UK

Despite claiming to be a 'regulator', Ofgem's main job is to protect the profits of private energy companies – even when their prices are driving...

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Many people I speak to on the subject of these inflated energy bills predict there will be civil unrest if the Government does not act sufficiently to reduce bills to affordable levels.

And it won't just be the anarchists involved in protests, but also ordinary people including many previous Tory voters who will take to the streets.

Either the Government will have to subsidise energy bills costing tens of billions  or they will have to renationalise some of the companies they privatised in the 1980's. I think they might do the former as the latter is partly reversing a Thatcher policy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

When you cant afford the simple basics like basic food and warm water for your kids to wash. and the government just says work harder (when many are already working 2 jobs) while giving profiteers millions in tax breaks, paid for by ordinary people who pay tax

then what other option is there?

... and what other option should people take?

The Tory Legacy

It's all wrong, TJ.

I'm no economist, but the fifth largest economy in the world [if that's where we are these days] has 40% or more of people who can't afford to eat or heat properly - and the highest tax rates since the 1950s.

The only answer I keep arriving at is that richer people - and some companies - aren't paying their share.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I see Frost is finalising his mental shape shifting into a fat Farage

'Climate change? Climate crisis? what climate crisis - my air con works fine. and we must ensure that oil and gas profiteering and the associated donations go on as long as possible.

hHe perhaps thinks Farge supporters are looking for a new home as Farage is nobody since Johnson stole his techniques, and Johnson should soon be barred from public office

- mind you, the british public didn't want Farage in Britain did they? Even going so far as to vote him abroad ...

WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

Frost, who is backing Liz Truss in the Tory leadership contest, hit out at a "totally unrealistic approach to climate and energy policy".

• Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

They will call for a UBI linked to a Carbon Social Credit system, thereby you self ration your use of electricity with a Carbon amount allocated per Kwh consumed.  Linked to a CBDC cash gone the way of the Dodo.

WWW.TURBULENTTIMES.CO.UK

This is getting insane, as The Times headlines: “Energy bills could top £5,000 by April as ministers hold crisis talks with energy bosses”. The...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

6 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I assume he's being pushed by the ERG?

I dont believe there is any 'pushing' of him involved .. or needed

... except 'pushing him for positions where he can run his spoiler tactics 

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

get ready for the populists claiming exports have gone up as a benefit of Brexit .. a deceit  of course

Exports of gas and oil to the EU and the rest of the world 'from' the UK are showing in stats as going up considerably.

They have gone up, but a lot of it is 'accounting ploys' where things like LNG tankers have docked at UK ports, before simply moving on

- the owners perhaps taking advantage of the lax rules and generous handouts the UK taxpayer funds

- profits of course will go elsewhere - but it looks good if you only show selected bits of one side of the balance sheet

How much of this is 'rinsing' Russian supplies through multiple ports and at sea tanker swaps I have no idea.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

We are - but the large figures that will likely be touted are far higher and will certainly include in/out shipments passing through Londongrad

- a taste of the freeports

wonder what the added premium will be when we buy it back?

Unlikely Russia will be out of sanctions any time soon .. unless certain marketeers get their way

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

David Frost's Telegraph article is getting quite a lot of mentions on Twitter at the moment.

WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

The party stopped talking about conservative ideas, fearful of being stigmatised by our failed establishment

Illegitimi non carborundum

Not even going to read it HB

Hes an unelected Piers Morgan full of doodoo and anything he says it just that overflowing.

Searching for meaningful bits is like picking the undigested bits of peanuts out of a monkeys feces.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

Frost is atlast saying what has needed to be said for a long time 

The climate emergency zealots are undermining British Democracy 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

He will be off Princess Nut-Nut's Christmas card list then, the Climate Emergency is another method to introduce a CCP style Social Credit controlling Digi-ID system.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

We need a general election and these all these **** out - and especially jenrick and pals and the ERG and Johnson loosing their seats

.. otherwise we need a general strike and full civil disobedience.

Another 2 months of these tosspots and the UK will be in the world rankings alongside Somalia

The Tory Legacy

Perhaps we need to vote for none of the Main parties?

• I agree 1

Look ast New parties see if anything of use, as it stands all main parties are WEF.

UK needs proportional representation. But I would also like to see more independent candidates genuinely representing their local areas. 

Tories will lose many seats to Lib Dems and Labour at next election, but it is possible they might win most seats, without holding a majority.  Lib Dems and Labour need to forge a left of Centre alliance, with parties not fielding candidates where they cannot win.

• I agree 1

What about the Minnows? Teck Khong's ASlliance ADP. and in Wales Sovereign party, Propel and Gwlad?  Wales is a far different animal with the labour government full on Marx.  With Drakeford and Price you get what you would have with Corbyn, its like Animal Farm here with More Equal Animals rampaging.

Yes HB WEF is just that.  Klaus Schwab's father was a full on nazi.

• Like 1