• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

UK Power supplies Winter 2022/2023. Are you prepared ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Meanwhile as politicians prepare to sacrifice millions of households on the altar of net zero, I’m afraid cutting one of your regular flights to the canaries won’t make a lot of difference as

China is stepping up construction of coal-fired power stations and has ordered an extra 300 million tonnes of the fossil fuel to be mined every year as it apparently contradicts its own climate change commitments.20 Jul 2022

as for ofgem they they are too busy hiring diversity consultants to worry about trivial matters such as lowering your electric bill

but hey the left wing blob loves that 🤣

Edited by theoldrouge

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

10 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

Meanwhile as politicians prepare to sacrifice millions of households on the altar of

fracking and drilling for ever reducing amounts of gas and oil, with the profits going to offshore accounts,

rather than investing in high worth local UK jobs in a green (effectively limitless) hydrogen energy economy, generating worthwhile employment (and taxes) across the nation and skillsets exportable to the world

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

worth a peruse

TRIBUNEMAG.CO.UK

Despite claiming to be a 'regulator', Ofgem's main job is to protect the profits of private energy companies – even when their prices are driving...

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Many people I speak to on the subject of these inflated energy bills predict there will be civil unrest if the Government does not act sufficiently to reduce bills to affordable levels.

And it won't just be the anarchists involved in protests, but also ordinary people including many previous Tory voters who will take to the streets.

Either the Government will have to subsidise energy bills costing tens of billions  or they will have to renationalise some of the companies they privatised in the 1980's. I think they might do the former as the latter is partly reversing a Thatcher policy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

When you cant afford the simple basics like basic food and warm water for your kids to wash. and the government just says work harder (when many are already working 2 jobs) while giving profiteers millions in tax breaks, paid for by ordinary people who pay tax

then what other option is there?

... and what other option should people take?

The Tory Legacy

It's all wrong, TJ.

I'm no economist, but the fifth largest economy in the world [if that's where we are these days] has 40% or more of people who can't afford to eat or heat properly - and the highest tax rates since the 1950s.

The only answer I keep arriving at is that richer people - and some companies - aren't paying their share.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I see Frost is finalising his mental shape shifting into a fat Farage

'Climate change? Climate crisis? what climate crisis - my air con works fine. and we must ensure that oil and gas profiteering and the associated donations go on as long as possible.

hHe perhaps thinks Farge supporters are looking for a new home as Farage is nobody since Johnson stole his techniques, and Johnson should soon be barred from public office

- mind you, the british public didn't want Farage in Britain did they? Even going so far as to vote him abroad ...

WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

Frost, who is backing Liz Truss in the Tory leadership contest, hit out at a "totally unrealistic approach to climate and energy policy".

• Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

They will call for a UBI linked to a Carbon Social Credit system, thereby you self ration your use of electricity with a Carbon amount allocated per Kwh consumed.  Linked to a CBDC cash gone the way of the Dodo.

WWW.TURBULENTTIMES.CO.UK

This is getting insane, as The Times headlines: “Energy bills could top £5,000 by April as ministers hold crisis talks with energy bosses”. The...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

6 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

I assume he's being pushed by the ERG?

I dont believe there is any 'pushing' of him involved .. or needed

... except 'pushing him for positions where he can run his spoiler tactics 

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

get ready for the populists claiming exports have gone up as a benefit of Brexit .. a deceit  of course

Exports of gas and oil to the EU and the rest of the world 'from' the UK are showing in stats as going up considerably.

They have gone up, but a lot of it is 'accounting ploys' where things like LNG tankers have docked at UK ports, before simply moving on

- the owners perhaps taking advantage of the lax rules and generous handouts the UK taxpayer funds

- profits of course will go elsewhere - but it looks good if you only show selected bits of one side of the balance sheet

How much of this is 'rinsing' Russian supplies through multiple ports and at sea tanker swaps I have no idea.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

We are - but the large figures that will likely be touted are far higher and will certainly include in/out shipments passing through Londongrad

- a taste of the freeports

wonder what the added premium will be when we buy it back?

Unlikely Russia will be out of sanctions any time soon .. unless certain marketeers get their way

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

David Frost's Telegraph article is getting quite a lot of mentions on Twitter at the moment.

WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

The party stopped talking about conservative ideas, fearful of being stigmatised by our failed establishment

Illegitimi non carborundum

Not even going to read it HB

Hes an unelected Piers Morgan full of doodoo and anything he says it just that overflowing.

Searching for meaningful bits is like picking the undigested bits of peanuts out of a monkeys feces.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

Frost is atlast saying what has needed to be said for a long time 

The climate emergency zealots are undermining British Democracy 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

He will be off Princess Nut-Nut's Christmas card list then, the Climate Emergency is another method to introduce a CCP style Social Credit controlling Digi-ID system.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

We need a general election and these all these **** out - and especially jenrick and pals and the ERG and Johnson loosing their seats

.. otherwise we need a general strike and full civil disobedience.

Another 2 months of these tosspots and the UK will be in the world rankings alongside Somalia

The Tory Legacy

Perhaps we need to vote for none of the Main parties?

• I agree 1

Look ast New parties see if anything of use, as it stands all main parties are WEF.

UK needs proportional representation. But I would also like to see more independent candidates genuinely representing their local areas. 

Tories will lose many seats to Lib Dems and Labour at next election, but it is possible they might win most seats, without holding a majority.  Lib Dems and Labour need to forge a left of Centre alliance, with parties not fielding candidates where they cannot win.

• I agree 1

What about the Minnows? Teck Khong's ASlliance ADP. and in Wales Sovereign party, Propel and Gwlad?  Wales is a far different animal with the labour government full on Marx.  With Drakeford and Price you get what you would have with Corbyn, its like Animal Farm here with More Equal Animals rampaging.

Yes HB WEF is just that.  Klaus Schwab's father was a full on nazi.

• Like 1