Merseyflow - Order to recover two penalty charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone 

I know this is probably a long shot but thought I’d ask before paying the PCN. 

I received a PCN yesterday from Merseyflow about a toll charge from the 04/03/2021 that I didn’t pay on time. I honestly can’t remember using the road that day but no one else drives my car and I can see on the picture that I did. 

So I’ve got no excuse but generally forgetting to pay the toll on time. So I don’t think I have any grounds to contest it but thought it was odd they took so long to send out the PCN. 

Is there a chance they’ve waited too long or should I just pay it now and get the reduced fee? 

Thanks 

Andrew

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE - DO NOT IGNORE-compressed.pdf

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

NatWest Problem *****Refunded*****

pay it ..no way out and it's only £20.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone 

sorry if I’m in the wrong place I’ve been sent two orders to pay unpaid penalty charges.

it says I have until the 8th of August to pay or make a statement. 

Im not disputing that I didn’t receive the penalty’s on time or that I didn’t cross the toll without paying. “i forgot to pay it was an online one” 

Ive only not paid because I’ve had quite a few unexpected bills recently and had a lot get on top of me and I’ll admit I’ve just buried my head in the sand on this. 

Im here to see if I have an argument to bring the debt back to the first request of £24 each due to me having so much crap go on the last few months. And if they won’t do that is there anyway to extend the time I have to pay or set up a payment plan because I don’t have £142 spare at all next month let alone now. 
Any help much appreciated 

Andrew 

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

• dx100uk changed the title to Merseyflow - Order to recover two penalty charges

I can't help you with the PCNs but I use this bridge a fair bit.

I myself have forgotten to pay numerous times, and ended up paying a day late and didn't get PCNs

- worth knowing as their site says do not pay late as we cannot tally up your payment with the crossing.

Get the app. The app is great, I have it now and it automatically deducts the money immediately after I have crossed so I don't need to worry.

The fee is £2, its a shame you didn't have the funds to pay, as it's now turned into 70 times that. 

• Like 1

Is there no way to pay the fines in a more manageable way?

I know I can’t get out of them but I don’t see how I’ll get the £140+ by the time they want me to pay it 

I’m getting worried as I’m very close to the day I need to pay.

And still haven’t got a hope in paying in full on time.

I’ve tired family and friends but everyone is skint which everything going on.

Should I just ring up the people and see if they’ll take some sort of half payment now or something?

I don’t want this to go any further but I don’t have the money to pay in full. 

Can no one help me here?

I don’t know what to do should I call them up and explain I can’t pay in all one go?

Should I leave it to go to court?

Any help would be much appreciated

I really don’t know what to do with this 

Andrew 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry nobody seems to know the answer. Going to court is going to make it more expensive, isn't it? Although you might be able to pay the fine in instalments.

I guess it's worth ringing to ask for their advice in case they know of options that we don't know about.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum