What charges can I claim back on redeemed mortgage?

red1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received my statement back from SPML. There are a number of charges made to the account, apart from the ERC. These are:-

UNPAID DD CHARGE (which I know I can claim).

Interest on arrears (I think I can claim)

Arrears Management Fee (Don't have a clue)

Non Block Insurance Renewal (ludicrous that you can be charged £25 for not having a service)

Litigation Fee (Don't know)

And last but know means leat the admin fee of £20 which was charged twice for paying by cheque.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi Red,

my claim is against ABBEY National. I ahve claimed the lot and asked them to provide me with a breakdown of the charges and certified evidence if any of the charges relate to on cost from third parties ( ie I want to see evidence of the solicitors charges from the repossession instruction )

I know that they will have incurred some costs I just don't believe the extortionate amounts ( especially as I know one of the partners of the firm of solicitors who acted for them and he laughed at the charges they had made to me !!! )

My claim totals circa 3.5k plus interest - I will gladly not claim forany of the charges where they can prove that it a genuine estimate of liquidated damages - the onus is them to provide me with the information to make an informed decision!!

But I bet they don't LOL

Good Luck

Elle