Wirralman vs Barclays

Wirralman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i sent my initial letter off to barclays in the middle of November. I asked for a detailed account of all charges i had incurred over the last 6 years. I also, stated that i expected to be fully reimbursed to this amount.

After, the intial acknowledgement letter from Barclays, they have now offered me £290. I have not received a breakdown of my charges.

Where do i stand now? Is there some sort of sliding scale, that indicates how much they may owe me, or has this figure just been plucked from the air?

Any advice anyone could give would be much appreciated.

Cheers

More than likely plucked from the air. Best thing to do is write back, thank them for the offer, but say until you receive you break down (they send statements free of charge) then your not in a position to except anything. Say that once you have the final figure, then you will gladly accept the £290 as partial settlement. :)

Barclays Bank - SETTLED - £4225.00

First National - SETTLED - £125.00

Lloyds TSB - SETTLED - £994.87

Capital 1 - SETTLED - £827.95

Online Finance - SETTLED - £349.60

Argos - SETTLED - £121.00

The only way i can see of you getting an actual breakdown of individual charges is by asking for copy statements. Otherwise you'll just get fobbed off.

If theyve offered you £290, i would guess the full amount is probably over £600, so dont be swayed!!

Follow the template letters, and stick to YOUR timescales.

Dont expect any money before christmas, but its worth sticking to the accepted way, because youll get all the money owed to you that way.

Start again with the SAR, ignore the offer ouve had, but dont leave it long enough for them to think youve given up, otherwise youll get absolutely nothing.

Your welcome to read through my thread. I may not have done it perfectly, but im muddling through quite nicely at the moment.

(allan1983 Vs. Barclays.)

THE STORY SO FAR:

~Asked for my Statements: 2/10/06

~Got them within 14 days (fair play)

~Asked for the money back:18/10/06

~Computer said no!!!! (not all of it anyway)

~Rejected the (crap) offer (£570/£1300): 11/11/06

~Computer said Hell no!!!!

~Barclays said I can go to court if I want (like they've got the balls to go that far!)

~MCOL done 29/11/06

~Barclays acknowledged: 18/12/06

~AQ received, filled out and returned: 4/01/2007

~Court date set for 28/03/2007

Cant help thinking that soon, Barclays might have to have a go with a test case.... Hope they dont choose me!!!!

Small (SORRY) donation given, cos i reckon i might win in the end, and without you guys i would never have started this process!!: 16/11/06