Together Property Management - Unnecessary Works and High Bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

7 hours ago, stu007 said:

@Tyke97

Question reference your post#23

Could you clarify for us how you obtained that Message - Message from Ray Ormiston (Lewis Berkeley) to Karen Young (then Hamilton King)?

Yes sure, Karen Young was Hamilton King's 'Major Works Co-ordinator' at the time (and AFAIK is

still with TogetherProperty today as their 'Operations Manager'). With major works being scheduled

for the property I lived in, I sought assurances from Karen that this wasn't going to be another

'botched job'  on Hamilton King's part (they had previously tried to charge us a small fortune

for an asbestos survey that in all honesty a 5 year old could have handled better such was

the lack of detail and extent of the inaccuracies involved). 

So when Karen received the message about my major works concerns she simply passed it along the line to Ray Ormiston, their very malleable Chartered Surveyor over at Lewis Berkeley and Ray Ormiston in turn sent it back to Karen Young with some reassuring words about the competency of the tenderers involved

That's the message she forwarded to me and you saw as #post23

Hi

@Punk Rock Loser

Well my further research on Southern Land Securities and The Taube Family has turned up over 68 different companies too many to list them all here in this post but what I have done is put it all into one PDF with all the different companies with links provided for each company.

What I will say is anyone that is dealing with Southern Land Securities is what actual version of Southern Land Securities are you specifically dealing with (see PDF and you will see why I say that).

What I would be asking Southern Land Securities to clarify is there exact full Company Name and specifically Company Number.

See PDF Below:

Southern Land Securities.pdf

• Thanks 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I hope the Copper room has lots of space for the filing cabinets. 

None of this in anyway smells funny at all l mean 68 company's with only some dissolved. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks Stu007!

We received a response from TPM (special delivery may I add) on Saturday which was a dampener to the weekend.

Unfortunately, there is no backing down, we’ve challenged their “redecoration” and questioned the rest of the works set out from the surveyor and we had a measly “there are other factors which add up to this total” no specification or clarity what they asked the surveyor to look for. We’re  also challenging how they expect us to “budget” when we only received this figure last month.

I’m currently working on our response and will definitely be referring to your PDF - asking which company and number our flat is dealing with.

@Punk Rock Loser

Sorry to hear they ain't backing down and you are doing the right thing in asking them exactly for there Full Company Name and specifically there Company Number. (Note: I would not let them know about that PDF and all the Companies that have been found, you keep that one up your sleeve so to speak) 

Also let those others that have these same costs within your building know about that PDF and all the Companies and tell them to do the exact same thing by asking for the Full Company Name and specifically the Company Number.

The above information is very important to you and all those with these costs as you need to know exactly who you are dealing with especially if it ends up getting as far as having to challenge them Court wise you need the correct Company Details.

This may sound daft but have you thought of having a wee chat with the Councils Private Landlord Dept and informing them of what Together are doing with these extortionate cost with no payment plan offered and specifically if the are Registered with the Council.

Also this Link mat be of Interest its from The Leasehold Advisory Service:

WWW.LEASE-ADVICE.ORG

Service charges, administration charges, ground rent, recognised tenants associations and forfeiture.

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Have you queried why these need doing so soon after the last lot. I only ask as my council landlord has said if good paint is used and applied properly then it should only need doing every 10 years. I live by he sea in fact the house has the sea winds and all types of sea dirt, eg salt sand etc, and it does not cause a problem. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi

Have a good read of the link in post#30

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing happened to our flats with the same company,a 20k bill out of the blue for each of the 3 flats involved,for general unspecified maintenance.We decided to set up a right to manage company which cost about 500 in legal fees.We now manage all works and choose our own insurance and have saved a fortune.If it's a small number of flats it's easy to maintain and is a no brainer

• 2 weeks later...

Something to consider depending on how many leaseholders are within the building and the amount of flats contained within the building is what is called:

'Right to Manage'

Easier to explain with the following links from 'The Leasehold Advisory Service': ( note you can in the search box just type in Right to Manage to see the numerous different links:

WWW.LEASE-ADVICE.ORG

A brief summary of the key points

WWW.LEASE-ADVICE.ORG

By Cassandra Zanelli, Solicitor at Taylor and Emmet and Ibraheem Dulmeer, Legal Advisor with the Leasehold Advisory Service June 2016 The Right to...

WWW.LEASE-ADVICE.ORG

Free webinar recording - available to watch now

WWW.LEASE-ADVICE.ORG

Free webinar recording - available to watch now

• 2 weeks later...

I have applied to the First tier tribunal to dispute £22,000 plus bill for external decorations. I own a flat in a converted house which holds 3 flats in total. The surveyor used for the schedule of works was Angell Thomson. The management company is Together property mgt and the freeholder is Southern Land securities.  The contractor they intend to use for the works is Craven builders & decorators. I would be interested to know what others are doing about this too.

@SJ13

Have you downloaded the PDF in post#27 its a very interesting read?

• Thanks 1

Is it me or do they seem to like the £20ķ+ number. The OP got a quote around that this lady and l am sure someone else l read did. It would be interesting to know exactly what this covers and how they got to that figure

Craven Builders & Decorators    15,860.00
Chartered Surveyors Fees.           1,586.00
Principal Design Fee.                        500.00

VAT on registered suppliers.        3589.20

Administration Fee 5.00%.             897.30
VAT.                                                    179.46
Total to be demanded.              22,611.96

Mostly just painting fascias, soffits, window frames and mullions, porch and front door (on a pebbledash building), base of building. £1000 provisional for possible roof repairs, £2500 for contingency…..

Hi SJ13,

Thank you for posting the breakdown of your works. Out of curiosity what stage did you apply to the first tier tribunal?

At the moment we have received a surveyor’s quote of works (no invoices yet) and simply rejected all works.

what would you advise from your experience?

I applied to the tribunal after the consultation period had ended and they were about to start the works.  There is a lot of paperwork for the tribunal as I’m dealing with it myself not through a solicitor. One of the leaseholders is in the process of selling and the other not very communicative so I’m on my own. If I could I would do Right to Manage or buy the freehold with the other leaseholders.

Edited by SJ13

Interesting they are charging a design fee when from what l understand most of the stuff to be painted is already designed. 

How dis the dexorator come to the quoted costs. 

The principal design fee is because they will be using scaffolding costing £4560 incl VAT. Because the scaffolder is a subcontractor, this is part of regulations. The cost of the scaffolding doubles the cost of painting the fascia’s, soffits and window frames at height. 

But the scaffolding costs is in the painting. According to local companys they dont know what the design fee is for in scaffolding. Scaffolding does not need to look pretty its for saftey. 

That should already be factored into the costs not a seperate bill. According to our local companys. They dont charge a seperate bill for this. 

I cant open that as on mobile. 

• 4 weeks later...

@Punk Rock Loser any update on this from yourself?