Old LLoyds/SCM CCJ - sold to Hoist - now Hoist Finance Refund Letter?

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys, its been a while!!

Need some advice on a possible fishing letter from Hoist Finance..

They state my account was closedin 2020 and i have continued to make payments for over 2 years since!!

I am concerned its all just a too good to be true and a just make contact letter.

I have stopped the SO payments as of today. But not sure what to do in relation to contacting them

! Has anyone had these letters before?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks! 🙄

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Tell us the history of this debt and what it was etc and why you've blindly been paying any dca on any debt without sending them a cca request the day they got sold it..

No wonder youve over paid and they want to refund you now if youve taken them on spec they can actually do anything to you as a powerless dca..no dca are bailiffs and have ZERO legal powers..sadly so many just cough up and find the dca now owe them as they checked nothing.. Just become a dca cash cow.

dX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey DX,

Thanks for the reply!

It was a CCJ from well over 15 years ago so kept payment via SO..but that was to HO collections/SCM Solicitors?

It was done via Northampton bulk centre by default (I didn’t know it had been registered until i had a judgement and I tried to get it set aside back then in 2006/2007 but failed if i remember rightly).

I haven't been getting yearly statements so have just continued as i didn't want any further action, so now to get a letter like this so far on I could have well settled it or Lloyds had sold it on to someone else to manage?

Thanks!

• dx100uk changed the title to Old LLoyds/SCM CCJ - sold to Hoist - now Hoist Finance Refund Letter?

is this related too?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Tbh this one may have been from before that(forgotten about that mess in 2013) as it would appear it wasn't the only debt I was fighting CCJs in 2007/08 to Lloyds! I got that quoted stuff sorted with help from this forum thankfully!

This one, I can only think is from a Lloyds CC. That I have religiously kept paying the ordered amount from the judge on CCJ. I suppose the only way of finding out once and for all is to contact them and see I guess?? 🤔

i will guess that as you moved you didnt inform them of your new address and eventually the debt was sold on to hoist along with the CCJ/payment.

if hoist are saying you've now overpaid the judgement sum, then all well and good

nothing they can do to you this far down the line.

write to them and give them your new address and if they want in it sort/account to pay the refund too?

staple a copy of their letter to it too then it should get you a refund.

dx

and they