C4rp Vs A&l *** WON ***

c4rp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have started to claim my charges back I am still in the early stages,

I recived six years of bank statements on the 7th Dec, trawled through them and sent Preliminary approach for repayment giving them 14 days from 7th Dec to reply, im kind of nervously enjoying this, just hope it pays off.

I have just recived this from A&L Is this normal?

dear mr cooke

I have noted your comments that you belive the charges that have been raised on your account to be unfair, please be assured our charges are reasonable and are competitve with the charges made by other financial organisations.

The office of fair trading has commented that they consider the level of late payment charges to be unfair, however they were actually referring to late payment fes for credit card payments, which are quite distinct from a banks charges on current accounts,

As yet the OFT have not entered into any discussions with the banking industry regarding current accounts. However should that possition change in the future, then alliance & Leicester will participate as appropriate.

Given above, I cannot accept you have been unfairly charged as you suggest. I regret , therefore, that I am unable to agree to your request for a refund of charges on yhis occasion.

I am sorry if you are dissapointed with my responce, but as the charges have been raised correctly in line with the terms and conditions of your account they must stand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:confused: Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and looking to speak to A&L about the way they treat their customers even after 20+ years, more fool me for not moving around! Could anyone tell me how much A&L charged them for 6 years statements. I've tried checking online but they won't even go back to May 06! Thanks.

Hi , A/L paid out in full in Dec but now they have adv me they will be closing my acc on 14th Feb. I need to leave nil balance but currently have £500 o/d which I use upto the last penny every month. (single parent etc...stuggling permanently) They have told me they will put a default on my acc if not paid off in full, (which I cant do) also in middle of going thru court with ex husband taking mortgage over on in my name (so dont need a default as will be hard getting mortgage. But since they have paid me out they have applied two further bank charges to my acct so was going to apply for them and prolong process by saying acc in dispute - can anyone give me advice?? Urgently - PLEASSSSEEEEEE

CHARLIE