Marquis Leisure - RV damp floor, court claim issued - ***Settled in Full +***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm looking to take a motorhome dealer to Small Claims Court after they have replied to my 'Letter before court claim" saying they accepted no liabilty.

How much evidence do i need to provide to the court ?

I have one expert report which complies with Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules saying that damp was present when i bought the motorhome, will this be enough ?

Thanks

FostersLager

yes but i very much doubt he can ever prove it WAS there 3 yrs ago.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

The difficulty here is how that expert has managed to state the Damp was in the motorhome 3 years ago/from when you purchased the motorhome.

Exactly where is the Damp in the motorhome and when did you first notice it?

When did you report the Damp in the Motorhome to the Dealer before issuing an LBA?

Did you consider getting more than one Expert Report on the Damp before issuing an LBA to the Dealer?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Stu & Dx,

Thanks for the replies.

The damp is in the floor,

it was reported by the dealer at the second yearly habitation check after i'd bought it

i had all work, servicing and habitation checks done by the dealer to keep in their 3 year warranty,

which looking back is a pretty usesless - but probably typical -  warranty as it just gives you a small discount for any work needed.

The dealer then sent me the price to fix the damp, with the small discount applied.

I then got a second opinion and quote to fix the damp.

This was when i was told by 4 different experts that in their opinion the damp had been present when i bought the motorhome.

Two were prepared to do reports stating this, at cost to me obviously.

Problem is only one of these reports complies with Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules. 

In the report that does comply the expert bases his opinion on the levels of mould and evidence of poorly carried out sealant repair.

He also thinks the dealer should have identified the issues prior the second yearly habitation check.

Will the fact the only one the report complies go against me ?

Cheers

FL

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

No, and it doesn't matter it's not CPR compliant.

Just another doc for your witness statement.

As you got scammed into a useless warranty that always costs money and is never ever on anything worth the paper it's written on,

they've had you over a bucket from day one on this.  They knew it was there the day they sold it to you . I agree.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Dx but just to be clear i didn't have to pay any extra for the warranty, it was included in the purchase price.

Mantis,

What do you mean by "get expert evidence in by the back door but without permission of the court " ?

FL

Problem is only one of these reports complies with Part 35 of the Civil Procedure Rules. 

In reality you would only need one report once you have notified the court on your DQ that you request and intend to use an expert report but out of interest why in your opinion one of the  reports not comply with CPR 35?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. Its purely because i couldn't find someone that would do a report that complied until around September. Motorhomes and caravans have gone bonkers since Covid.

Forgive my ignorance but what is DQ ?

FL

I mean that if you do what dx suggests and try to put in expert evidence via your witness statement, a vigilant judge will take a thick red pen to those parts of your statement and not take any account of the evidence. Exper evidence can only be introduced with permission of the court, and must comply with CPR Part 35. Attempts to introduce such evidence by any other means should be rejected. 

If you proceed to issue a claim and the defendant defends the claim you will then proceed to allocation of the claim that's when you will fie your Directions Questionnaire (DQ) which places the claim in the appropriate track and the same form allows you to request permission to use expert testimony 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

you must follow the pre action protocol first and issue a letter of claim giving 14 days notice.

then you must follow thru on days 15 if they fail to respond by start a claim on the Mcol website.

click small claims and read

it will also help you if you use our enhanced google search box

and type in claim raised 

or look in this same forum for like threads 

dx

and they

Hi dx,

Can you please explain what a letter of claim is.

Currently i've sent 3 letters.

First a letter to complain about faulty goods quoting Consumer Rights Act 2015.

The second with the independent expert reports attached also requesting if they use an ADR scheme. The dealer said they only use NCC IDRS.

After submitting all the claim details to NCC IDRS online i got the reply  "the NCC cannot become involved with warranty matters or complaints related to whether a product is of satisfactory quality"

The third was the Letter before claim again saying i am willing to use an ADR to avoid court action.

Regards

FL

post up your letter of claim you sent giving 14 days before you start your court claim then please

read upload 

use PDF

dx

dx

and they

and its now more than 1 month later.:frusty:

and they

you dont make a threat of court and then not follow through.

doesnt really make you much of a threat.

you could repeat then LOC and then do so on day 15

but you need to read up on HOW to issue a small claims claim. (clickit)

and go read a few evri threads (bankfodder walks people thru the process in many threads) or like threads in this forum yours is in.

and they

You dictate what happens, not be controlled.

and they

Why do you have to agree to adr?

You don't...

Dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dx,

So tomorrow is day 14 from my new LOC, the dealer has replied saying they will not be entering into any further correspondence.

I’ve created to a Money Claims account so just need to create the small claim on Friday after reading up on the links you sent in the previous post ?

Regards

FL

• 3 months later...

open

and they