Laptop hinge cover broken

grosc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We aren't very good at guessing games here so maybe you could tell us a bit more about when you bought it, when the hinge broke, when you complained to them, how much did you pay, and any other relevant information

I bought the laptop 2 months ago for £900 from curries pc world.

I opened the laptop screen lid  yesterday and heard a pop and found the left hand hinge had come out of it's bracket and the lid will not close properly.

I went on line to msi forum and found many post on the same problem , all post's said msi will not accept this problem doe's not come under the warranty.

I have not approached Curries pc yet i came on this site to seek advice 

Gerard

It's not an MSI problem. It is a currys problem.

Currys are the retailer but they will try to pop you off to MSI but you must challenge them and refuse to be diverted .

However, don't expect to get anything easy from Currys. They have a reputation for attempting to avoid their consumer obligations, but you should certainly take the laptop back to Curry's immediately.

As they fault has developed within the first six months of ownership, they are entitled to have a single to repair it or to replace or refund at your auction. But they must be given an opportunity to repair first of all .

Don't expect it to be easy .

If they accept it back for a repair then it shouldn't take more than 14 days. Of course it will take a lot more than that, but at that point if you want you can start to threaten them and to take an action .

Take it back to the retailer and then let us know what happens .

The meantime start reading up about the consumer rights at 2015

Thank you wery much for the reply and advice. I will keep you updated as and when.

Gerard