Sainsburys visa - changes no, diff SAR?

AppleCrumble

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there

I sent off for my statements from Sainsbury's Bank Visa, but they seem to start in 2003 with a transfer from another Sainsbury's visa card number. I think what might have happened (it was 3 years ago, the memorys not that good ....) was that I had one card initially but then lost my bag and purse, reported it so was issued with a new card, which had a different number.

I was expecting to get all my statements as as far as I'm concerned it's always been one account, and I know with another credit card even though the number had changed I still got all my statements intact (that was cap one). It's not like the account was closed or anything.

To get all the pre-2003 statements, I don't have to pay up again with another tenner do I ?? :(:(:evil: I'll be really miffed if i do!!

Apple x

The thing is did they send you a copy of the original executed agreement with the replacement card, if not then they are in breech of section 85 of the CCA act, committed an offence and applied interest unlawfully.

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:confused:

blimey it was 3 years ago I really haven't a clue!

had a look in the folder thingy I have where this kind of stuff would be put, and think I have the one from 2003 but I can't find the original.

The no is on the first statement I did receive which says it's a balance transfer for this card maybe I should just right back and ask for the details from this card with a non-compliance letter?

Apple x

Right start at the beginning.

You were probably given a new card under chip & pin last year, that should have been sent with a copy under section 85. If not then they are in breech.

The transfer from the original card to your present one should also have been accompanied by the orginal agreement, or did you sign a new one to establish it? In either case ask for a CCA section 78 disclosure for the original executed agrrement.

Your SAR request should have given you all the staments pertaining to the old account as well, contact the Data Controller of Sainsbury's (address on the iNformation Commissioner's site) and ask for the residual paperwork.

Mike

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

No, this is an old account and I don't have a card on it anymore, not since 2005 when I got into financial difficulty when I was unemployed for a while. I returned the card and came to an agreement and have been paying a set amount of the debt each month ever since.

But I was hoping to lop a chunk off it if I can but so far i've only found £180 there was me hoping it would be 1000 :(

Apple x

Ok go back to the Data Controller and ask them for all the statements pertaining to the original agreement, they should still have them, if you have an agreement, use that number to index the original. They should still have sent all the info, they probably just used the extant account numebr. Remind them that this should have been given with the original DPA request.

I still think that you should ask for the original agreement, though for both accounts, send that under a different letter though!

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 3 weeks later...

hi

Received a letter back from Abbey saying they have nothing on my account pre may 2003, although they know I had an account since 2002 and I've supplied them with all the numbers. They say nothing is held on their system to retreive.

I though they HAVE to keep everything for seven years by law? Now what do i do? Frustrated as I don't have all the statements so can't begin to claim GRRR!

Apple x

• 2 weeks later...